1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

If you want to lose weight, just be an uber driver!

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Hak, Sep 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Hak

Hak Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have noticed that I lost about 7-8lbs permanently since I started driving for Uber. In April, I weighted about 192lbs and lost 8lbs over the next three months. Then, I stopped driving for uber and I gained that loss in just one month. I started driving back again and lost 7lbs again. I am now around 185lbs. I like this. Btw, I drive about 6 hours/daily from Thursday through Sunday. Any other thoughts?

2. poopy

poopy Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeah,

Uber drivers can't afford food.

3. pizza guy

pizza guy Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Lost about 5-10 lbs in first 6 weeks. I think driving, especially the type of driving we do, burns more calories that people realize. 20% of your calories are used by your brain and our work uses most of the mapped areas of the brain.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  4. TheHammer

TheHammer Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    LOSE...LOSE.....LOSE......LOSE NOT LOOSE. Why is this word so misused????

Ezridax, Deedee24, tohunt4me and 8 others like this.
  5. mizzrock

mizzrock Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Weird I've noticed a gain

Richard Vasquez likes this.
  6. LedHed

LedHed Member

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with that claim. Show me some research that proves me wrong, but I don't believe for a second that just thinking real hard-like is going to burn a noticeable amount of calories.

My best guess is that the weight loss is due to eating less. I notice when I drive for 6 hours, I'm likely to not eat as much as if I was at home or at my real job. (Especially if it's a steady day, with little to no time between pings)

7. Realityshark

Realityshark Well-Known Member

This is a good example of who the new drivers are, who are willing to work for less than $1 per mile.

Those who can't spell simple words can't handle 4th grade mathematics either. This makes for the perfect Uber driver. People who can't add and subtract are just the type of driver Uber is looking for.

I guess the driver who can't spell, deleted his embarrassing thread. I couldn't find the reference.

tohunt4me likes this.
  8. pizza guy

Driving:
    UberX
    Actually it is only 20% of calories and I edited my post. Research shows you right, and research shows you wrong. My diet is healthier because I can't cook a big meal if I may be pinged and end up eating vegetables dipped in hot sauce. I do still eat one 1500-2000 calorie meal per day. My non-Uber income is from cooking so I haven't bought any non-Tourano bread in many years and cook all my own food.

LedHed and Hak like this.
  9. uberparadise

uberparadise Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I Lost 5 LBS in one night! My bull**** passengers squeezed 5 in my x vehicle and my transmission broke 10 mins after I dropped them off. Pushing a 4000 lb vehicle down the street into your driveway can do wonders for your body.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  10. pizza guy

Driving:
    UberX
    D'oh! It's more than a yeast raised bread.

11. Hak

Hak Member

Driving:
    UberX
    This is typical stereotype that some drivers have about their fellow drivers. Don't ever think that I drive less than $1 per mile. I only drive at events or surge times and make about $600 for working about 20 hours weekly. Plus, I didn't delete the thread for just one stupid spelling mistake. Thank you for correcting that, but that doesn't help anything other than wasting time. You all got the message, didn't you? Keep trolling!

12. uberguuber

uberguuber Well-Known Member

185??? how tall are you? if you are under 6 feet tall you are still fat...

13. Hak

Hak Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You got it right! I am 5.9 feet, that's why, I liked it!

14. uberguuber

uberguuber Well-Known Member

Yea ima little "chunky" too...

15. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    They can not afford rent, either. This is why they must sleep in their cars.

As someone who, through tireless and unstinting labour has attained the rank of Inspector in the Grammar Police, I applaud your post, Sirrah. Accordingly, I have awarded a "like" to said post.

A preposition is something that you do not end a sentence with.

NOW, are you aware of the reason that you do not use a Prius for UberX?

16. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED ;)

" Although it weighs only two percent of the body, it alone uses 25 percent of all the energy that your body requires to run per day. That's 500 calories out of a total of 2,000 calories, just to keep your brain working."

I have no idea if thinking "real hard" burns any more calories than daydreaming (not that there's much of a difference for me when I'm driving), but the human brain does use up a whole lot of energy (burns calories).

source:
    http://www.ted.com/talks/suzana_her..._about_the_human_brain/transcript?language=en

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  17. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    You've really got to take it down a notch (please?).
    You just berated all kinds of people for their inability to do relatively simple tasks... while failing to notice that the spelling error referred to was/is right there in the title of this thread.

Driving Uber is not a perquisite of having attained a BA in Literature, English, Mathematics or Physics
    nor are those achievements pre-requisites for becoming a driver.
    None of us are as smart as we think we are: ------> Michael - ClevelandMichael - Cleveland <------- ;)

18. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Where in the hell did you pull that definition from, thin air?

"Pre" means 'before', 'in-front of'
    and connotes 'above' or 'of primary importance'.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.​

And just out of curiosity (and I know I am going to regret this, hehe...)
    exactly why do you find it onerous that the US spends the majority of its budget, energy and effort
    attempting to fulfill the goals of that pre-amble?
    namely:

defense - justice - liberty - and the general welfare of the population ​

19. Realityshark

Realityshark Well-Known Member

Point taken. Who needs spelling / grammar nazis on a ****in' blog?

With regards to stereotypes, I believe my observations of the new breed of driver are fast becoming the norm rather than the exception. If you're an exception, my observations do not apply to you.

20. Hak

Hak Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Observation is a great method of collecting data but it's not enough to make generalizations about an issue. From my observations, I usually request an uberx outside of the surge area when it's surging, but nobody goes to the ping (I have a different account on my passenger app, so that I can increase my rating anytime I need because I usually get lower ratings due to surge price). This is still not accurate to generalize the driver behavior. As far as my driving behavior, I am happy to drive alone rather than driving with someone at the regular rate.