If you think Ubers screwing you...........you're probably right

manuella

This has been going on for a long time, people would complain about long wait time at he lot and I would be like "uh what are these folks smoking" that's when I knew uber does this.

Also some days I would drive 6 hours without a ride that ends or heads to particular part of town first thought it was a coincidence but then things like none stop out town trips or days with huge number of pools there is so many tells

Long story short , There is planning and scheduling going on.

yucklyftline

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This has been going on for a long time, people would complain about long wait time at he lot and I would be like "uh what are these folks smoking" that's when I knew uber does this.

Also some days I would drive 6 hours without a ride that ends or heads to particular part of town first thought it was a coincidence but then things like none stop out town trips or days with huge number of pools there is so many tells

Long story short , There is planning and scheduling going on.
Lyft does it too. I experienced it for the first time this last weekend. At least with uber you can pump out a bunch of rides and go to t.i. with kingdog and fam. I started off deliberately spacing out my rides because there aren't too many places to hide with lyft when they require 2 rides an hour. But I kept getting caught sweating for that last ride because I couldn't get a ping. And when that second ping did come in, it would take me across the city and take 30 min to complete, running well into my next hour and putting the pressure on all over again.

Uberdancer

Yeah...it's time to play hardball with no designated hitter ... just as certain drivers cherry pick their riders - declining rides and canceling rides because it's not profitable to drive down the Peninsula, across the Bay Bridge or the Golden Gate Bridge, or to the South Bay, AND dead mile back, because one has a "dental appointment," or "pick up the kid at a daycare," or simply because it's not surging ... weaving and bobbing, feinting and sucker punching, and hitting the ol' one-two ... faking the flop and pretending to be injured ...

Yup!! It's time to play hardball!!!

yucklyftline

Yeah...it's time to play hardball with no designated hitter ... just as certain drivers cherry pick their riders - declining rides and canceling rides because it's not profitable to drive down the Peninsula, across the Bay Bridge or the Golden Gate Bridge, or to the South Bay, AND dead mile back, because one has a "dental appointment," or "pick up the kid at a daycare," or simply because it's not surging ... weaving and bobbing, feinting and sucker punching, and hitting the ol' one-two ... faking the flop and pretending to be injured ...

Yup!! It's time to play hardball!!!
Once again you bring nothing to the table. Good job

Last edited:

NASCAR1991

When i do my 100 with no guarantees get it done in 30..32 hours...
When on guarantees takes me 35...37 hours.

Last saturday in the heart of sf with billion drivers out get a ping with no surgey 6 mins away...at 1.30 am.....so get there just to figure out he wanna go palo alto....so basically will miss all the 2 am surge.....
1. No way he had no one closer then 6 min
2. Maybe they trying to get some oyta

NASCAR1991

3. Ofcourse i didnt take him. Before i get home ill fall asleep comming back.
There really need to be some kind of warnings for those rides especially that late at night when drivers tires.
Or someone needs to cover dead miles better.
Taxis chill with long rides cuz its 2.5 per mile....cant do same for uber

yucklyftline

3. Ofcourse i didnt take him. Before i get home ill fall asleep comming back.
There really need to be some kind of warnings for those rides especially that late at night when drivers tires.
Or someone needs to cover dead miles better.
Taxis chill with long rides cuz its 2.5 per mile....cant do same for uber
Damn, you drove 6 min to get him, with no surge, at 1:30am? Didn't matter where he's going. Let the ants pick him up and by 1:45 you have all the surge for yourself, and even higher the longer you wait.

That's why surge is so important, it supplements your dead miles on the way back. No surge, no ride, not at that time of the night

yucklyftline

Duh??

Well, then don't opt in ... That's how they can track you ... That's why some drivers get bonuses even though they didn't receive any e-mails or texts ... But if you opt in, they know who you are ... And depending on your CARMA, you get rewarded accordingly, or not ...
If you want the bonuses, you can't afford not to opt in. How many times have drivers been screwed because their opt-in didn't register with uber, compared to the amount of drivers who get these bonuses without a text or email? Highly skewed my man

Uberdancer

...How many times have drivers been screwed because their opt-in didn't register with uber, compared to the amount of drivers who get these bonuses without a text or email? Highly skewed my man
What?? Can you send again?? Say what?? Um, I can't hear you?? Can you see me?? What??? Damn phone!! What a piece o' bovine feces !!! Did you get my message??? What?? Must be the Internet ....

Euius

So wait, the same people who sit in treasure island for hours are upset Uber doesn't stream pings to them as fast as possible?

I'm honestly bothered a lot more with payment issues around pool that border on fraudulent and illegal. I've always just assumed ride preferencing happened

For instance if you pick up a 2.0x pool rider then a 1.0x rider, drivers income goes down

yucklyftline

So wait, the same people who sit in treasure island for hours are upset Uber doesn't stream pings to them as fast as possible?
I'm speaking for lyft. And you can't sit at t.i. with lyft, wouldn't make sense

yucklyftline

I'm honestly bothered a lot more with payment issues around pool that border on fraudulent and illegal. I've always just assumed ride preferencing happened

For instance if you pick up a 2.0x pool rider then a 1.0x rider, drivers income goes down
Great point. Luckily with lyft the second and third passengers pay the same surge as the first. But you never know if you're picking up a 4.2 rated pax aside from the first pax. There's no way to tell and no way to cancel, other than cancelling the whole line

Euius

Great point. Luckily with lyft the second and third passengers pay the same surge as the first.
Sure they do...uh huh...and what surge level is that?

The thing about Lyft is they've managed to be even less transparent than Uber. You can't even tell how many miles and minutes you're being paid for. I've had Line trips with multiple pickups where the second pickup was dropped off first that only paid as if I went a direct route from first passenger pickup to their destination.

I only use Lyft for destination filter rides anymore, and its overall worse at that too

I'm speaking for lyft. And you can't sit at t.i. with lyft, wouldn't make sense
Except both the post title and link in first message is about uber

NASCAR1991

So here it is...
Drivng in sf...all seems fine and steady...
At 6 pm recieve hourly guarantees...ok so i opt in.
Get a request fast....after spend 15 min in finacial district...nothing....Wtf im thinking. So i go to request my self i drop my pin on top of my car goes to another driver...cancel...tried again...same shit.
Log out log back in. Get a request...they want to do san jose....no way jose. Cancel.

Finally got a normal ride...now sitting waiting againn...wtf