If you have to drive...

SatMan

Look people, IF YOU HAVE TO DRIVE, please support us in some way...Short term loss = long term gains. Let your acceptance rate take a hit for the day. Show your support. Accept only every other ride to increase wait time for riders. Let it time out....15 seconds...Uber/Lyft will notice. And you acceptance rate will go back to normal in 7 days. Drive a little slower than normal. Don't race to the lights. Better gas mileage and the minutes will add up. Accelerate like you have an egg between you foot and the gas peddle.

New guy65

Ill decline any lyft ride when the are charging passengers surge and they pay me nothing or if in a zone it is virtually nothing Been doing it since yesterday. I was around 80% acceptance last week on 100 plus rides. Now down to 47%. Only burned about 5 minutes of time as request came in about every 10 seconds.

I’m doing it for me if it helps someone else longer term fine if not I don’t really care. I’m just driving on my own terms
Like a lone wolf

veblenrules

Ill decline any lyft ride when the are charging passengers surge and they pay me nothing or if in a zone it is virtually nothing Been doing it since yesterday. I was around 80% acceptance last week on 100 plus rides. Now down to 47%. Only burned about 5 minutes of time as request came in about every 10 seconds.

I’m doing it for me if it helps someone else longer term fine if not I don’t really care. I’m just driving on my own terms
Like a lone wolf
Uber's countin' on ya....

EddieG

Look people, IF YOU HAVE TO DRIVE, please support us in some way...Short term loss = long term gains. Let your acceptance rate take a hit for the day. Show your support. Accept only every other ride to increase wait time for riders. Let it time out....15 seconds...Uber/Lyft will notice. And you acceptance rate will go back to normal in 7 days. Drive a little slower than normal. Don't race to the lights. Better gas mileage and the minutes will add up. Accelerate like you have an egg between you foot and the gas peddle.

I do that anyway. As long as my acceptance rate allows me to see the time of the trip, I don't take anything over 20 minutes. FYI, they now calculate your acceptance rate using the past 30 days.

80sDude

Should be doing that all the time Satman. Whats the rush people?

Remember always. App off till the Surge is on.

Schmanthony

I do that anyway. As long as my acceptance rate allows me to see the time of the trip, I don't take anything over 20 minutes. FYI, they now calculate your acceptance rate using the past 30 days.
Also FYI, it seems like they recalculate your acceptance rate instantly every time you complete a trip, vs. before when they recalculated only once or twice a day or so.

EddieG

Also FYI, it seems like they recalculate your acceptance rate instantly every time you complete a trip, vs. before when they recalculated only once or twice a day or so.

Just noticed the other day, if you click on your acceptance rate it will actually show you the math behind the displayed rate.

AllenChicago

I just saw on ABC-7 that "Rideshare" drivers are going on strike tonight. Is it just those Uber and Lyft drivers who work in the Chicago city limits. I stay in the NW suburbs and drive part-time (ave 15 hours @ week).

pizza guy

Please don't drive tomorrow. Every media outlet is reporting about a driver strike so unlike previous efforts driver outreach is no excuse. If just 20% of drivers take the day off it runs the business model. Not driving tomorrow can actually make a real difference.

Organizing Uber drivers is usually like herding cats. Tomorrow its fish in a barrel. Don't drive!

It's not a strike. It's independent contractors deciding to take a day off.

SatMan

I just saw on ABC-7 that "Rideshare" drivers are going on strike tonight. Is it just those Uber and Lyft drivers who work in the Chicago city limits. I stay in the NW suburbs and drive part-time (ave 15 hours @ week).
Are you waiting for the next pay cut.
Show you support now.
NO...I'm sure that there are drivers out there that live in other areas not mentioned that will be paying attention to whats happening. The news is out there. Some drivers will be interested. Like seeds blowing in the wind....Some will flourish, some will struggle, some will die.

SatMan

I will stay home
Enjoy the night out....Take an uber to a bar..... ⭐ that bugger......do the same thing to go home........Just hope you don't get the same driver. LOL
Post automatically merged:

No, don't do that...You never know why he/she is driving....But you could ask them about the strike.

munlochi

Use your Uber appreciation money. They you want you to buy stock. Do the opposite. Tomorrow when it reaches it peak. Short the stock. That will teach them. They funded their own demise.

Your 10k will be 30k by Friday afternoon :smiles:

Here's how next three days will play out on Wall Street:

New IPO
Whoa 20% above asking price, whoa 30% these normal people are bigger schmucks then the VC people in Silicon Valley. Those drivers striking are idiots clearly. If the stock is up we are golden.
Merrill Lynch and Uber executives high five each other. We're richer then we could ever imagine. Life is great. It all works out in the end (queue the Entourage music)
Closing bell: Up 40% above asking price
Thursday: Stock down 15%, short sellers come in.
Friday: Down 30% and officially below asking price.
Friday night: Dara we gotta sue Merrill Lynch they screwed us like Lyft.

AllenChicago

Are you waiting for the next pay cut.
Show you support now.
NO...I'm sure that there are drivers out there that live in other areas not mentioned that will be paying attention to whats happening. The news is out there. Some drivers will be interested. Like seeds blowing in the wind....Some will flourish, some will struggle, some will die.

I don't understand why drivers are striking, but you seem to be knowledgeable and convinced that reducing our rides tomorrow will get Lyft HQ's attention.

Therefore, count me in. I'll only use the destination filter, and keep it limited to rides from the NW suburbs to Ohare. After the 6 allowed Destination Filter uses are exhausted, I'm done for the day.