1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

if you cancel on a rider is another ride automatically sent for?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by aarondavid1010, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    My understanding is yes.

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. kc ub'ing!

kc ub'ing!

Yes, but not in the clunky parlance you suggest.

Once you cancel, the ride is redispatched to the next closest driver. Rider doesn’t need to reorder. If paying attention, rider will see a new driver name and time to pick up.

MHR likes this.
  3. Yes. You might get another ping from the same person after you cancel and that simply means the system is trying to pair you again since you're the closest driver.

Lissetti and tohunt4me like this.
  4. your answer is exactly what i asked. what the problem man?

Pax Collector and tohunt4me like this.
  5. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston

Does it work that way on a no show and cancellation fee? I’m not sure.

6. oldfart

oldfart

Driving:
    UberXL
    He was able to figure out what you were asking so he answered

I had no idea what you were asking so I didn’t try

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    kc ub'ing! likes this.
  7. i have no idea how the question was complicated or needed more words lol

8. reg barclay

reg barclay Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I get the impression that when a driver cancels they send out a new ping automatically, another driver accepts, and the pax just sees it as if the driver was changed. Maybe they only do it some cases not others, it's hard to say.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way with no shows, as there's no assumption that the pax would want another driver.

Z129 likes this.
  9. kc ub'ing!

kc ub'ing!

you write like tarzan talk. me try help.
    Untrue Reg. The assumption is clear based on the rider having ordered a ride in the first place. The driver’s inability to locate the rider doesn’t nullify the rider’s need.

Any time a driver cancels with or without cause, a new driver will be dispatched. Imagine the power we would have if this wasn’t so... ‘no ride for you today sucka! Lest you reorder! Again and again! Ha haaa!’

10. reg barclay

reg barclay Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    My comment you quoted was specifically about pax no shows. You're telling me that if I no show a pax after 5 minutes, Uber will automatically send another driver and another ad infinitum, until the pax either shows up or cancels themselves? Very hard to believe.

11. oldfart

oldfart

Driving:
    UberXL
    Regarding cancellations

what is Uber’s cancellation policy. I’ve been told that if I cancel too much I’ll be deactivated.

How much is too much?

12. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    If you decline, yes. If you accept, then cancel, i don't think so.

13. Coachman

Coachman

Driving:
    UberX
    I have to agree with this. Generally when I cancel for a no-show it's not because I can't find the rider, but because I've sat out in front of the pickup address for five minutes and nobody has bothered to come out or respond. Why would they send another driver in that case? I certainly wouldn't want that call.

Ezridax and reg barclay like this.
  14. JimKE

JimKE

If you cancel on a rider...why would you care whether another ride is dispatched or not???

I only cancel no-shows and *******s. I don't care whether they get a ride or not...their problem, not mine.

Who is John Galt? likes this.
  15. reg barclay

reg barclay Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I drive in an area where I get many repeat pax. I view some of them as good customers, polite pax who frequently tip etc. On the odd occasion that I cancel on them, I'd prefer they not know that I cancelled and just see that for whatever reason they got a different driver.

Danny3xd likes this.
  16. A very good reason depending on situation. Less of a problem from uber and less rider complaints

17. JimKE

JimKE

No problem with Uber unless you cancel a LOT. If you cancel nothing but no-shows, your cancellation percentage will be very low and you'll have no problem.

If you're cherry-picking, you'll eventually get deactivated.
    There is no rating and no mechanism for a rider complaint on a cancellation.

18. alrightexample. you go to pick up someone they see you. They are rude or its a poor situation and you cancel. They are less likely to complain formally.

19. kc ub'ing!

kc ub'ing!

Untrue! I was temporarily deactivated due to a false complaint on a cancelled ride! Rider was a b as she entered my ride. I told her I didn’t like her attitude, please exit. She was pissed! Called Uber, said I was drunk AF, temp deactivation. Riders can complain even if ride was cancelled.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018