If you are going to purchase stock in the Uber IPO as a qualifying driver this may be helpful information for you

Farman vegas

Hopefully, you have read the Uber IPO prospectus or that you still working your way through the lengthy document. It is must read for long term Uber drivers it contains an amazing amount of data if you like to read.

As I am sure everyone knows Uber has reserved up to 5.4 million shares of common stock, or up 3% of the shares in their S-1 filing with the SEC for their future IPO through a directed share program to certain qualifying Drivers in the United States. To qualify Uber has informed everyone already that the directed share program as an Uber driver would have had to meet the following criteria:
1. one trip in 2019 as of April 7, 2019;
2. 2500 lifetime Trips as an Uber driver as of April 7.2019; and
3. the Uber driver is in good standing.

On page 287 of the Uber S-1 filing in the first paragraph is an interesting update you may have missed when reading the lengthy document:
Participants in the directed share program will not be subjected to lockup or market standoff restrictions with respect to any shares purchased from the directed share program. We have agreed to indemnify the underwriters against certain liabilities and expenses, including liabilities under the Security Act, in connection with the sales of the shares reserved for the directed share program.

Of course, you would have had to followed the directed share holder program instructions by Uber that ended on 4/26/2019 to be a shareholder with Uber stock under the directed share holder program..

If you are on the fence about how much to invest in the Uber IPO hopefully this information is helpful.

As a side note it will be interesting to see how much money TK, Camp and Graves will make when they sell 3.8% of their collectively shares in Uber during the IPO.

gerg

Hopefully, you have read the Uber IPO prospectus or that you still working your way through the lengthy document. It is must read for long term Uber drivers it contains an amazing amount of data if you like to read.

As I am sure everyone knows Uber has reserved up to 5.4 million shares of common stock, or up 3% of the shares in their S-1 filing with the SEC for their future IPO through a directed share program to certain qualifying Drivers in the United States. To qualify Uber has informed everyone already that the directed share program as an Uber driver would have had to meet the following criteria:

On page 287 of the Uber S-1 filing in the first paragraph is an interesting update you may have missed when reading the lengthy document:
Participants in the directed share program will not be subjected to lockup or market standoff restrictions with respect to any shares purchased from the directed share program. We have agreed to indemnify the underwriters against certain liabilities and expenses, including liabilities under the Security Act, in connection with the sales of the shares reserved for the directed share program.

Of course, you would have had to followed the directed share holder program instructions by Uber that ended on 4/26/2019 to be a shareholder with Uber stock under the directed share holder program..

If you are on the fence about how much to invest in the Uber IPO hopefully this information is helpful.

As a side note it will be interesting to see how much money TK, Camp and Graves will make when they sell 3.8% of their collectively shares in Uber during the IPO.
That's a great deal if you get the institutional price?

toosexyforvegas

I think, after an initial raise within the first day or two stock won’t perform well after the hype is gone. Also, Uber will be under a lot of pressure to perform since they will have to report quarterly. Stock holders have little patience. So I wouldn’t be surprised if our income will be cut again in the near future. Farman, for those who buy, are there restrictions how long they have to keep the shares before they can sell?

Farman vegas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's a great deal if you get the institutional price?
I do not think that will happen.

Did you get a lockup when you brought your Uber stock at 40$ a share last year ?

If the Uber stock has a pop like Lyft did on the first few hours of trading should be a good day for you.
Post automatically merged:

I think, after an initial raise within the first day or two stock won’t perform well after the hype is gone. Also, Uber will be under a lot of pressure to perform since they will have to report quarterly. Stock holders have little patience. So I wouldn’t be surprised if our income will be cut again in the near future. Farman, for those who buy, are there restrictions how long they have to keep the shares before they can sell?
It will be very interesting to see how the Uber IPO does in comparison to the the Lyft IPO in the short term.

I do look forward to attending the first annual shareholder meeting for Uber and listening to their conference calls when quarterly results are spoken about to better understand the “gordian knot” everyone thinks Uber is in. Hopefully, Masa will come to the meeting and speak.

Unfortunately, I agree with you about the next rate cut for Uber drivers in Las Vegas is coming soon because of the reasons you have written about and 53 cents a mile would not surprise me for the next rate cut. This is now standard practice for Uber to make additional revenue by taking money from the very humble pay of Uber drivers. At 53 cents a mile it will be extremely difficult for UberX drivers in Las Vegas to make money at all. Especially, with the addition of the Bird scooter program possibly being approved in Las Vegas of course,with no pick-ups on the strip being allowed and Via coming to Vegas this summer at the airport and the driverless car program ( level 5/without a driver-being need) being launched this summer in Las Vegas that everyone was told about on February 28th in the Nevada Legislature.

My understanding is that you could sell you Uber shares immediately during the IPO if the stock was to get crushed on the first day anytime.

Last edited:

4000 rides

Uber already has stated that it will be cutting the incentives for drivers again. I think the opportunity will be on going short. But don't get in too soon because the initial Spike might be more than 10%.

Farman vegas

The online tutorial presentation by Morgan Stanley pertaining to the process and time line of the upcoming Uber IPO hopefully was helpful for individuals who have not invested in an IPO before.

Only thing left now is to see if the share price will be set at fifty dollars.

gerg

Did they mention anything about their inevitable blockchain-----Uber Coin?

Farman vegas

No one I know that personally attended the Uber IPO roadshow presentations spoke about this topic to me.

Of course, Uber’s S-1 filing lacks the specific data that most traders would like to build models to forecast future earnings because of the Jobs Acts but in due course they will be required to great rid of the platitudes and voluminous pages of fluff.

As you have been an Uber shareholders since last year I am sure you have far better knowledge that I do as a insider at the present time.

Farman vegas

As a friendly reminder:

If you are still planning to invest in the Uber IPO not forget the closing date for applications is May 7, 2019.

If you have not had an account before with Morgan Stanley beware the External Account Verification process can take from 1-3 days.

If you struggle with the process online the client customer service center number for Morgan Stanley is 1 (888) 454- 3965.

Do not forget that May 14, 2019 by 4:00 p.m. (east coast time) is your payment due date for the Uber stock you have purchased.

Hopefully, everyone will have read the S-1 filing by Uber prior to investing in the stock and understands the risks involved in owning Uber stock. Page 277 of the S-1 Uber filing is important to read if you are going to invest.

For individuals that are not purchasing Uber stock but are interested in the process the next step is May 9, 2019 for the pricing for Uber IPO.

toosexyforvegas

So inspired by justfacts. A real genius. Despite having less than 500 lifetime rides, this genius knows everything. Advice to veteran drivers, check. Making crazy money with Uber, check. Stock market advice, check. Please teach us more of your wisdom, Master!

jjub40

So inspired by justfacts. A real genius. Despite having less than 500 lifetime rides, this genius knows everything. Advice to veteran drivers, check. Making crazy money with Uber, check. Stock market advice, check. Please teach us more of your wisdom, Master!
Dude knows everything. Poker player, sport bettor. Car mechanic. Pizza Delivery. Pizza Eating. Yadda Yadda Yadda.

justfacts

You can misinform, almost 2 k rides, yeah I’m new, yes I’ve learned a few things in life, yes I still have a lot to learn, shall I go on?
Post automatically merged:

And here a picture of me , with my mom a 2 of my sisters, unfortunately my father died when I was young, let’s here the hate. It will say more about you then me?

Attachments

Drivincrazy

Articles on Market Watch stating true value of Uber is more like $22 Billion. Wait until Uber stock price goes to about $11 then get 4 shares compared to 1 if you buy now. There are many articles trashing Uber on multiple sites.

Farman vegas

Justfacts:

Harry Markopolos the author of: No One Would Listen: A True Financial Thriller will be following the Uber stock once the company becomes a publicly traded company. So far Markopolos and many other are not impressed with Uber and their voluminous S-1 filing full of platitudes and a glaring lack of key metrics with so little information it is an outrage.

Have you personally read the entire Uber IPO prospectus yourself ? If you read it hopefully you did not find reading it like the first chapter of “The Jungle” by Upton Sinclair.

Perhaps you could inform us what scale does Uber finally need to achieve a profit ?

Hopefully, you will be using the Elliot Wave and WD Gann’s Trading method when you teach about Uber and your trading methods.

How about a tip pertaining to Lyft (the gladiators) earnings report tomorrow ?
With 44% shorts what is your implied money move at the weekly strike price of 6$ with the stock ?

Last edited:

toosexyforvegas

Justfacts:

Harry Markopolos the author of: No One Would Listen: A True Financial Thriller will be following the Uber stock once the company becomes a publicly traded company. So far Markopolos and many other are not impressed with Uber and their voluminous S-1 filing full of platitudes and a glaring lack of key metrics with so little information it is an outrage.

Have you personally read the entire Uber IPO prospectus yourself ? If you read it hopefully you did not find reading it like the first chapter of “The Jungle” by Upton Sinclair.

Perhaps you could inform us what scale does Uber finally need to achieve a profit ?

Hopefully, you will be using the Elliot Wave and WD Gann’s Trading method when you teach about Uber and your trading methods.

How about a tip pertaining to Lyft (the gladiators) earnings report tomorrow ?
With 44% shorts what is your implied money move at the weekly strike price of 6$ with the stock ?
A lot might depend on Tuesday when Lyft reports quarterly results. On the positive side two well known financial companies have already initiated coverage of Uber. One set the one year target price at appx. $65.