If we made a way to communicate at DTC

Would you goin the group if enough people were involved to make the airport surge?

• YES!

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • NO!

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

nameless313

If we could communicate with each other. Like a long-term group chat at the airport. HOW MANY of you here would try to work together? How many of the actual drivers at Airport look at this??? If you drive there please cast a vote on the poll. If 100 people hit this poll than that means there is enough to make a higher fare work at airport! This could potentially double what we make off every ride, tell anyone you know who drives about this. LETS TEST AND SEE!

We could possibly only go online with a surge of 1.4 or higher. We could do our own queue system.
Go online in groups of 5. We could make more off fares if enough people were involved

MSUGrad9902

how are you going to prevent people from going online when it starts surging or if they see the queue at under 10 cars? Going online in groups of 5? Who decides? There's too many drivers not on this forum it'll never work. Plus once the queue gets down to a certain number uber will send people over there with their text messages.

nameless313

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great idea that will never work. ;(
Not with trolls like you still bringing everybody down...

how are you going to prevent people from going online when it starts surging or if they see the queue at under 10 cars? Going online in groups of 5? Who decides? There's too many drivers not on this forum it'll never work. Plus once the queue gets down to a certain number uber will send people over there with their text messages.

I don't know man I'm just shooting for some surge here....
If everyone was WILLING to make it work it could. Only if enough people were involved. I'm surprised there arnt more people in the poll. That kind of says it will not work to me... Sadly.. The only people that look at this forum in Detroit are you.. Me... And Chris troll... So I guess it's a no go already..

But even if uber sent drivers running or not wouldn't be a factor IF enough people were involved. If enough people participated. Which I see is not going to happen. Lol..

These guys I met down at Airport over the summer used a kik chat.

Probably still exists:
Dtw(uber/lyft)

It worked then. There was less drivers there then. And 20 people participated with maybe 30 at Airport total. It worked. Short lived though. Uber flooded the market with drivers since.

Chris1962

Not with trolls like you still bringing everybody down...
Screw you jerk! It is a good idea and rather than repeat what was already said I kept it short. My bad for replying. You go ahead and set it up and put the word out and let me know if I was wrong.

Last edited:

vesolehome

It would be like herding cats. Too many drivers all over the place coming and going, dropping off pax at the airport. Others dropping off in the area.

With that said, you could try it with Lyft drivers. There are less of them at the airport. Easier to round them up because you can see them on the map. Go talk to them. Talk to them on the Facebook page. See what they think. Lyft will kick in Prime Time at the airport when there aren't cars online. I've been in the Uber queue and see Lyft go prime time and have gotten their ride instead of waiting in the queue.

Uberdude1021

So I've seen a 2.0x surge at the airport everyday since Friday. Is this customary as it gets nicer out or is this just time of year like mid winter breaks/spring breaks going on?

vesolehome

So I've seen a 2.0x surge at the airport everyday since Friday. Is this customary as it gets nicer out or is this just time of year like mid winter breaks/spring breaks going on?
Winter break was last week. I'll be working the spring break weeks for college and high school next month