1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

If Uber CEO Cared About Its Female Drivers...

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by PrettyUberDriver, Mar 3, 2017.

1. PrettyUberDriver

PrettyUberDriver New Member

If Uber CEO cared about its female drivers, it would be mandatory for passengers to sit in the back seats unless the front seat is needed for extra passengers. I've only been an Uber driver for a couple of months. More than half of male passengers are sitting in my front seat. Yes, I've tried putting a jacket on my passenger seat. Yes, I've tried confirming their name via rear window to give them a hint to hop in the back seat. Yes, I've tried moving my seat forward to make it appear less roomy. But they're still sitting in my front seat. Most of the passengers are intoxicated. What woman wants a drunken stranger in the front seat? If you ask me, the Uber CEO doesn't care about his female drivers. Are we allowed to excercise our 2A constitutional right while driving for Uber? After all, Arizona is an open carry state.

2. FL_Dex

FL_Dex Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    The funny thing about Uber, is they have made it by thwarting rules. So, why wouldn't drivers ignore the carry rules? Rule number one is protecting yourself. The bonus of someone sitting in the front seat is you could use a cross-draw holster and shoot left handed. At that range just shoot from retention.

It's more than the front seat issue, it's also people using someone else's account. You have a right to know who's getting in your car. It would be easy to mandate real names and photos and set up master accounts but Uber won't do that. Because, you're right, they don't care about any drivers, not just female drivers.

RedRaven, MrA, CherylC and 7 others like this.
  3. gsneaker350

gsneaker350 Active Member

I've never seen a pretty uber driver lol

4. Honey Badger

Honey Badger Well-Known Member

What does sitting in front seat have to do with being female?

5. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

Oh, I have. Several.

6. Trafficat

Trafficat Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Uber has a gun ban policy and may deactivate drivers who carry guns.

If I recall correctly, Arizona is not only an open carry state but also a state that allows concealed carry without a permit and permits are not hard to get there either. The permit would mainly allow you to carry in bars I think. You can always carry hidden and if you ever need your gun losing your Uber gig will be the least of your worries.

MrA, Bnerdy, phillipzx3 and 4 others like this.
  7. Honey Badger

Honey Badger Well-Known Member

No permit required here in Idaho and lots of people carry here, open and concealed . I think it makes things safer if criminals know their next victim might put a cap in their ass. We have one of the lowest crime rates in US because good people have guns.

8. Jesusdrivesuber

Jesusdrivesuber Well-Known Member

9. emdeplam

emdeplam Well-Known Member

Men are statiscally much more likely to be assault victims. Being a driver is dangerous ....no need to make it a gender issue for special treatment

10. UberDood

UberDood Member

I've carried concealed every single day I've driven for Uber and I have zero intention of changing that. Uber has absolutely no right to declare MY private property a gun free zone. In my vehicle, I will carry as I please. Secured in an OWB holster, safety off, round chambered. I strongly advise ALL Uber drivers, who are legally able to, to do the same.

11. Herself

Herself Member

I feel wierder if somebody sits behind me but %99.9 nice people

MrA, Hskrgrlusa, CoolAnt and 4 others like this.
  12. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    And are very proficient with those guns.

I back you 100% on your statement. Just make sure that all who carry receive the proper training.

Zoey jasmine, MrA, UberKevPA and 4 others like this.
  13. Lissetti

Lissetti Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Also a female driver. My routine:

#1 Stun gun on my person, clipped to my left hip out of pax view.

#2 Bear mace in driver's door pocket only if to be used after you have already zapped them with the stun gun and have exited the vehicle, ( with your phone for calling 911) and they recover from the zap, and are now out of the vehicle and coming for you.

#3 Don't drive in ratchet areas.

Also doesn't matter if you are a male driver or a female driver, whether it's front seat or back. Don't pick up wasted or sketchy pax. Oh and I'm told I'm cute too but I don't think that makes any difference or puts me at any more risk. Whether your a "PrettyUber Driver" or your Tore Up From the Floor Up, if someone wants to make trouble for an Uber / Lyft driver and you are their driver, you just happened to draw the short straw that day. Tomorrow it will be someone else. That's the nature of this business, so be prepared. Oh and buy a dash cam and display it so it's extremely obvious. Maybe even put a sign on your dash saying all rides are being visibly recorded. That itself may deter people from wanting to sit in the front seat.

14. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

I'm with Lisetti if you are afraid of someone sitting up front then you are probably in the wrong gig.

Protect yourself or don't drive

15. BoboBig

BoboBig Well-Known Member

Hi Prettyuberdriver,

If you can try reaching over to the back door and push it open when you pick up to let them know to get in the back seat. I do it sometimes and they hop in the back because it sounds like you have literally tried everything else...or you can become ugly that might work lol. You could also change your picture in your profile...if you look all made up in your photo replace it with one were you don't look so good just a suggestion...

Take care.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    cakoo10, ziliano and Lissetti like this.
  16. Shangsta

Terrible idea since Uber often makes you verify your picture when you logon to drive.

If a person wants to sit in the front seat technically they are allowed to. If you have a problem with it you probably aren't cutout for rideshare.

iUBERdc, thepanttherlady and DAVINA like this.
  17. PrettyUberDriver

I based my username on passengers' comments, "Oh you're a pretty Uber driver." I wasn't born with a silver spoon, but I did inherit nice genes. Uber is currently facing sexual harassment complaints from female employees. Then Uber CEO got caught on video acting like a jerk to an Uber partner driver. The Uber CEO is obviously unfit to implement policies to help protect Uber driver partners and employees from sexual harassment.

18. Shangsta

Yeah you signed up yesterday too. I smell a troll

19. Trafficat

Trafficat Well-Known Member

I personally feel safer with the passenger to my side than behind me. Easier to keep an eye on them.

Then there might be no one to pick up!

20. PrettyUberDriver

I've been reading these forums since the first day of driving for Uber. I signed up yesterday to post my concern in the hopes someone at Uber Corp would see my post and implement a safer seating policy. I've read a few of your posts, if anyone's a troll here, you seem to fit that description accurately.