If Uber and Lyft only knew...

UberLaLa

Excellent call. I too, cancel when stupidity is evident. Pick them up and you open the door to 1 star ratings and BS complaints.
Note: had a paxhole cancel on me once and still was able to file a complaint. WTF Uber?

Same as Driver shows all Cancels in the History, so too do passengers in their History on their apps. All kinds of bad can come from that...careful.

rkozy

He probably canceled before the 5 minutes were up.
Nope. I was over six minutes into the waiting game before I finally hit cancel.

Because the passenger placed the marker in a spot where my car could not reach, I had to choose the "Arrive Anyway" option when I got to the park. I was as close to the marker as I could get (without driving through a forest) but Lyft didn't think I was close enough to arrive.

If you cancel a ride where Lyft doesn't believe you've arrived close enough to the passenger, they will deny your cancel fee. Lesson learned.
Post automatically merged:

Why not just wait till the timer is up, cancel the ride, get your fee and move on? No need to get frustrated over simple things. Pick up mishaps do happen and you only wait for five minutes.

I did. The pax had the marker in a location that prevented Lyft from accepting the fact I had arrived. I didn't cancel until after six minutes, and a phone call from the annoyed pax.

I can't believe Lyft allows passengers to place a marker in a location that is blocks from a navigable road.
Post automatically merged:

AR means nothing anymore in my market.

I never care about my acceptance rating. I've declined ping after ping on both Lyft and Uber. There's no way I'm spend $2 worth of gas to pick up some lazy pax who can't walk four blocks to Dollar Tree. My acceptance rating can get very low at times, but I'm still getting the usual rides from both platforms. No worries there.

This is about stopping ride scammers before they get a chance to one-star you and complain that they weren't picked up in an efficient manner. I have a feeling this passenger knows placing their pin in an inaccessible location makes a pick-up very difficult for the driver. Ergo, a difficult pick-up becomes the premise for a full refund, and "warning speech" to me from Lyft.

I'm done playing games with these people.

Last edited:

WindyCityAnt

@rkozy

Chicago would make your head spin then.... there places they do it on purpose so if you do cancel, you get nothing after the 6 mins. The clock will never be able to start.

Lemme guess also... it was a surged ping?

Uber knows the places that create surge frequently, from the almighty Uber leaves it up to the driver and pax to find and get in the correct car. Sometimes are more difficult than others.

I would recommend communicating with your pax when in those situations. Don’t relay on there stupid navigation to get you there, look at the addresses.

rkozy

@rkozy
Uber knows the places that create surge frequently, from the almighty Uber leaves it up to the driver and pax to find and get in the correct car. Sometimes are more difficult than others.

I would recommend communicating with your pax when in those situations. Don’t relay on there stupid navigation to get you there, look at the addresses.

I don't think you actually read my post. You skimmed it, at best. This wasn't an Uber navigation issue. It was a Lyft pick-up, and I did communicate with the passenger once I got as close to the dropped pin as possible. There was no street address. It was a hiking trail on a forest in a big park. They don't assign house numbers and street names on those.

Plus, the pax wasn't even at that pin location during our phone call. They said they were somewhere else in the park, but failed to give me any reliable landmarks to locate them.

Maybe you like playing games with people, but my time is a little more valuable than that.

Polomarko

⚠ judging by your own expressed level of anxiety & paranoia
U don’t sound suited to deal with the general public.
Or
Ride share driver is ur calling ?
for a life of personal & financial Frustration and Degradation
Your assumption that rider is always right is wrong. Your philosophical answer leave for Sigmund F.
Lyft cancellation polices is horable. Very often in financial district as a driver I am getting 4 to 5 cancelation because the riders do not want to wait, so you turned around the corner rider cancel you have new request on the other side of the street just next block you finally cros and rider canceld. Or very heavy traffick you there no place to wait and you receiving a massage I am on my way. Remember you spent 10 min to reach the pick up destination. Uber is much better Lyft must change it.

Last edited: