• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

If this company can get it together....sign me up!

krytenTX

Uber started with low commissions, and is now up to 25% (or possibly more) for X. Just like any other company, they are greedy, or will soon be. If Uber implodes, Travis will just walk away with a pocket full of money.

CherylC

Yep. I'm a new Driver and they are taking 25%, not the 20% that was stated in their recruitment emails. I cxld long distance rides at midnight as soon as I see the destination as I only net $57 on an 80 mile ride between midnight and 2am. Not good.

Blue_Subaru

Yep. I'm a new Driver and they are taking 25%, not the 20% that was stated in their recruitment emails. I cxld long distance rides at midnight as soon as I see the destination as I only net $57 on an 80 mile ride between midnight and 2am. Not good.
How do you see the destination before you pick them up?

CherylC

How do you see the destination before you pick them up?
Right before you get to the exact destination..as in a few houses away, slide the bar and Bingo. Either take the ride or cancel it. I've done this on a few occassions, usually late night ride requests. Live and learn.