1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

If They Dont Wanna Tip...

Discussion in 'UberEATS' started by iommirules, Jan 12, 2019.

1. iommirules

iommirules

.....They should get up off their lazy-ass and go get it themselves, gas aint free nor is my car...

Nats121 and Doowop like this.
  2. It would be silly to expect a tip from someone who ordered a McDouble using an Uber ChEats promo code.

BunnyK, dlearl476 and Uber's Guber like this.
  3. iommirules

iommirules

Thats why Uber should give you your total take BEFORE you accept it. Because then it would be SILLY for me to accept a $3 delivery.

4. We could say the same about ride requests too, but that's not in Uber's interest.

5. iommirules

iommirules

Well their competitors are doing it, if it wasnt for Lyft etc uber probably still wouldnt be accepting tips...but they already created the "uber non tip culture" so....you reap what you sow.

6. True.

Have you tried delivering for their competitors?

7. iommirules

iommirules

yep, some things uber does better some worse, but i know one thing...i make a whole lot more money on tips than i do "mileage".....by far.

dlearl476 and Pax Collector like this.
  8. johnx

johnx

I think what you mean to say is you have stopped delivering for Ubereats because the pay sucks. except for that one guy in Portland. or are you really meaning something else.

9. iommirules

iommirules

No i use UE as a backup and it serves its purpose in "downtime" to keep me busy you know 3-4 pm....11am-12....non peak, but i find it disgusting the tip rate isnt much more than 10%.....i dont mean 10% of the bill .....i mean 10% of the TRIPS!!!. And i dont have the ability to vet and make a business decision like i do on GH. All the app tells me is you are xxx minutes away from the restaurant. No info on how much im gonna make. No info on where the customer is...

dlearl476 and OneRideOneVomit like this.
  10. dlearl476

dlearl476

Interesting. In two weeks, so far in my market, my GH orders are almost non-existent during weekdays lunch hours, which is great because UE boosts are generally 11:00-2:00, and 9:00-12:00, times my GH drop to nearly zero.

I get the idea that a lot of the guys n gal complaining are relatively new. With experience, you learn how to "read" the app and make informed decisions about what to accept and what to decline. For instance, I'll never accept an UE delivery longer than 5 min away unless it's a $5.00+ guarantee. And I won't accept a GH more than 5 miles total unless it's a $10+ offer.

Makes it easy.

11. iommirules

iommirules

To me its pretty simple math. In slower times (between lunch and dinner) ill tend to accept lower fares just to keep me going rather than sit with no orders doing nothing....but i aint dumb at dinner time im not gonna accept a $5 order when i know a 10 plus will come shortly after if i reject the $5......but thats GH when THEY TELL ME what im gonna make before a accept. UE the only thing you can go by is the restaurant and guess....for instance a fancier restaurant you have a much better chance at a tip than a fast food joint, obviously. Then as you said you can play the quests and surges too, but i'd rather stick to GH for the most part because there is no guess work like uber. But Ubers great if im not "on schedule" with GH i just do both at the same time. it all balances out.....dinner you may do $20 an hour, lunch you may do $10- $15 an hour and off peak you may only do $8 an hour, but that beats $0 an hour.

12. dlearl476

dlearl476

Yep. That's pretty much my strategy as well. I pick up UE orders between GH orders and pretty much use the "instant pay" feature of UE to keep gas in my car.

FWIW, in my market, other than the (increasingly rare) late night Denny's and IHOP delivery, my UE orders are pretty much exclusively fast food joints. McDs, Firehouse, Panda, Subway. 85% McDs.

Since GH entered our market, UE restaurant orders have virtually disappeared. I used to do 9-10 Sizzler/Red Lobster orders a week. Those are all GH deliveries now.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  13. johnx

johnx

With the news of the advance tip button, which I have confirmed is locally available, I thought I would get out on the bike and see if things had changed. Even with insulated bag and to the door, looks like the hot new button NOT NOW is subconsciously translated into TIP INCLUDED. Which I translate into LOG OFF.

Attached Files:

14. amazinghl

amazinghl

<<<
    I logged off a long time ago.

15. Joesmith2012

Joesmith2012

Oh man I feel worse for the uber X driver recently went to LA flying into LAX, we hailed an Uber to take us to our hotel which was barely a mile away. And the way it loops and circle around the traffic was so bad the poor driver was stuck in traffic trying to get to us for about 30 mins, then he saw our destination was less than a mile he had the right to be pissed. I think the total fare was only $7, yeah $7 for him running his car in traffic and taking up 40 mins or his time. Dont worry we felt bad for him and me and my friends tipped him a $20