If there is a day that Uber doesn't screw with drivers?

Fuber168

I didn't wake up at 4am on Monday by your ffffking app to screw me, more than 16 miles to pick up while sitting in the red sea?

Fffffff your 180 days of change Uber, fffgff your app and ffffff your app development team.

Attachments

• 20170925_052301.png
    20170925_052301.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 86

Johnny Walker

No, there’s not. They have been playing really nasty these days. I personally feel like we are in a Cold War with them.
The tiny money is there $200 more or less per week but that’s not the point. The point is, we are the back bone of the company(s). They don’t get it and that’s exactly why they’re suffering

uberist

I didn't wake up at 4am on Monday by your ffffking app to screw me, more than 16 miles to pick up while sitting in the red sea?

Fffffff your 180 days of change Uber, fffgff your app and ffffff your app development team.
Yup, if you dropped the pax app pin at that spot.you would see 8 cars milling around too

Uncle-not-Ant

There's a reason I was in a 1.6 boost uber, get it together View attachment 161436
I did that 20+ PV pickup before figuring it would be to LAX, but it ended up being a Tesla service guy that dropped a car off. (They used to send two techs in two cars to drive back).

He said Tesla found out how cheap rideshare was to pick them up at customers houses to get back to the Tesla Torrance service center. And they are saving a lot of money. He said he was pId $70/Hour (young guy, no degree).

Under $6 ride, and my rating dropped. It was booked by a woman in their service department, and she thought a 20 minute wait for me to get their driver in Palos Verdes at their customers house was out of line.

I now avoid PV. Low speed limits, curvy roads, often ahole residents, but usually just housekeepers going home to Hawthorne.

For the past month, my first morning pings have all been 20+ minutes away even though I'm in surge. New tactic by both Uber and Lyft. Give tge sucker drivers multiple offers faraway to spread out the ants.

Last edited:

arnau pons

180 days of change....who the heck it's gonna pick up at BUR Airport at base with all the morning traffic?
20170925_083824.png

I just dropped off pax and left empty handed like always .No surge no ride.
Thanx Uber!

Bpr2

I did that 20+ PV pickup before figuring it would be to LAX, but it ended up being a Tesla service guy that dropped a car off. (They used to send two techs in two cars to drive back).

He said Tesla found out how cheap rideshare was to pick them up at customers houses to get back to the Tesla Torrance service center. And they are saving a lot of money. He said he was pId $70/Hour (young guy, no degree).

Under $6 ride, and my rating dropped. It was booked by a woman in their service department, and she thought a 20 minute wait for me to get their driver in Palos Verdes at their customers house was out of line.

I now avoid PV. Low speed limits, curvy roads, often ahole residents, but usually just housekeepers going home to Hawthorne.

For the past month, my first morning pings have all been 20+ minutes away even though I'm in surge. New tactic by both Uber and Lyft. Give tge sucker drivers multiple offers faraway to spread out the ants.
3 outta 5 times it's usually a lax rider. I'm usually closer to that ping location and would have been only 6ish minutes away. Was greedy and Just wanted that 1.6 boost.

Thanks for the heads up on the techs too, the lady that set it up seems like a proper douchè

Fuber168

180 days of change....who the heck it's gonna pick up at BUR Airport at base with all the morning traffic? View attachment 161441
Thanx Uber!
Sat night after I dropped off a rider there and saw loads of pax standing on pickup with 2 cars in Que, yet surroundings were red but airport was pure white. Was it really pure white or Uber was trying to rip us off? Ffff u Uber.

3 outta 5 times it's usually a lax rider. I'm usually closer to that ping location and would have been only 6ish minutes away. Was greedy and Just wanted that 1.6 boost.

Thanks for the heads up on the techs too, the lady that set it up seems like a proper douchè
MFfff they really think we are SLAVES.

arnau pons

Only picked up at Burbank once ... didn't realize it was a Pool. Pain in neck for $7. No thanks dealing with pick ups there.
2 years ago I used to catch big fish at BUR, surge was very predictable and lots of long rides+easy pick-up. Not anymore since upfront pricing and surge suppression.

SoccerDad23

180 days of change....who the heck it's gonna pick up at BUR Airport at base with all the morning traffic? View attachment 161441
Thanx Uber!

Haha, I just realized what everyone referencing "180 days of change" thought that meant...better treatment of us drivers? No, I think they meant this:

tmp_21032-th1751424380.jpg

Better treatment of drivers is a cute thought though- I'm sure they are laughing in the boardroom at all the drivers who thought that's what they meant...

LoveBC

February 30th is Uber Driver Appreciation Day. Surge is locked at 5x. Pax with ratings below 4.8 aren't allowed to request. POOL is turned off. Booking Fees are paid to drivers. Destination is shown on ping screen. And all Eats pings come with a free meal for you when you pick up!

elronaldo

Lyft offered me a 12min, 18min and a 14min pickup at 4:40am - all 3 back-to-back - let them all slide by and was 'punished' by being kicked offline (got right back on though)

Not gonna go that far for a pickup at the rates they pay...

Rideshare123

Lyft offered me a 12min, 18min and a 14min pickup at 4:40am - all 3 back-to-back - let them all slide by and was 'punished' by being kicked offline (got right back on though)

How the hell do they have the guts to ask drivers to go more than 16 miles to pick up someone at base rate?

Mffffker how about drivers pay Uber to drive and massage their ugly dickkssss? Evil bastards.

LoveBC

Accept them anyways and don't move for two minutes most likely you'll get the pax to cancel

Adieu

I didn't wake up at 4am on Monday...

Haha.

Prepare for out-of-state pings next.... im sure somebody in Reno wants to go through a drivethru

Tesla, eh?

Hmmm... so not only do they have image and appeal, they pay well too???

Sure they gotta pay taxes on that, but that service department gopher still takes home $400+ / day. On a standard regular schedule.

Uncle-not-Ant

Haha.

Prepare for out-of-state pings next.... im sure somebody in Reno wants to go through a drivethru

Tesla, eh?

Hmmm... so not only do they have image and appeal, they pay well too???

Sure they gotta pay taxes on that, but that service department gopher still takes home $400+ / day. On a standard regular schedule.

He said their services are usually just inspections and adjustments because nobody drives them enough to wear anything out. He worked at Jiffy Lube out of High School then got this Tesla Service Tech job. $70/Hour is I think more than Ford charges customers retail per mechanic hour.

Adieu

He said their services are usually just inspections and adjustments because nobody drives them enough to wear anything out. He worked at Jiffy Lube out of High School then got this Tesla Service Tech job. $70/Hour is I think more than Ford charges customers retail per mechanic hour.

Arent they all under warranty anyway?

Not many (if any?) aging Teslas around yet

Uncle-not-Ant

Arent they all under warranty anyway?

Not many (if any?) aging Teslas around yet
Probably, and rich people don't drive much. Don't want to risk gtting into a bad area outside their own neighborhood.

And, for LAX, easier and cheaper to book an Ant ... no parking fees, still in the mind of the well-to-do no tipping needed.