If the minimum wage were hiked to $15/hr, would you stop hustling and take a regular job?

Daisey77

No. Think about it. At 40 hours a week, that's $600 a week. Subtract out taxes and health insurance, you're looking at maybe bringing home 350 a week. Yes, we all @@@@@ about our low pay and all expenses falling on us but if you can't make 350 a week plus expenses, I'm not even sure I would want you making my burger at McDonald's🤷‍♀️

Soldiering

All politicians a sickophants as AOC put it
Im sure she wasnt thinking of herself when she said that. 15 an.hour is STUPID. It will make it harder for us regular folk to make a living. Politicians are a special kind of narcissism.

wallae

No. Think about it. At 40 hours a week, that's $600 a week. Subtract out taxes and health insurance, you're looking at maybe bringing home 350 a week. Yes, we all @@@@@ about our low pay and all expenses falling on us but if you can't make 350 a week plus expenses, I'm not even sure I would want you making my burger at McDonald's🤷‍♀️
Would the “high paying” starting jobs go up to 17-18
In and Out
Chick Filet
Post automatically merged:

If starting is 15 at McDonald’s shift leaders go to ?
Assistant managers?

wallae

Gold?

Attachments

• BA457F50-F98E-4B47-B9EA-FCFC773E813A.jpeg
    BA457F50-F98E-4B47-B9EA-FCFC773E813A.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 20

Gone_in_60_seconds

I have a feeling the House Dems are going to pass this and dare the Repubs to kill it.
The real advantage to being a IC is the tax deductions you are allowed when you are not an employee. Of course, this assumes that you can make consistent money as an IC. Otherwise, being an employee would be better, to get a regular and consistent income. That's why rideshare is perfect as a side gig to your regular full time job.

wallae

Donald promised to deport all the illegals in 2016.

I guess he was too busy playing golf for 4 years

Ptuberdriver

If minimum wage were hiked to $15.00 an hour .Cost of Living would require $35.00 an hour.
That's exactly the point I try to make. If you raise the minimum to 15/hr, then all your doing is raising the floor. Your not actually going to be earning more, or affording more. All your doing is basically paying a higher tax unless they redo the tax laws. Remember who lowered taxes by atleast 3% across the board. Not AOC

Atom guy

In California I lived around the corner from Walmart Walmart and got to know most of the guys that worked there.
When they gave them that raise 10 years ago many requested less hours so they wouldn’t lose their food stamps and health insurance from the state

I was a manager for Wal-Mart for 13 years. I had employees say that to me. It's ridiculous that "anti-poverty" programs actually keep people from advancing themselves.

$15 in my market is nothing. Even a single person wouldn't be able to afford their own place. Maybe a room in someone's house, assuming they also didn't have a car payment.