• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

If one more pax gets in my car and asks for the AUX cord I will scream!

AudiMan

What is it with these entitled pax? Almost every night one will ask for the AUX cord to which I reply that I don't have one. To which they nearly always reply with some shitty comment.
They are never going to tip me not are they ever traveling more then 10 minutes away.
Usually it's 18-22 year old girls. But one time it was a mid 40s male with a SPC complete with @@@@@@@ tone of voice who lectured me about how all good drivers offer AUX cords. I kindly explained to him that my radio is stock and therefore doesn't have a plug. To which he replied that I should just go by a whole new Stereo system! He even said "It wouldn't cost more then a few hundred dollars" to which I reply that I can't afford that. I am doing this for a living and we don't make that much. To which he gave me the standard Uber driver's are making bank spiel: "My friend's cousin's boyfriend says he makes $2500.00 a week"
There is no reasoning with these people. And I really hate it if they are in the front seat and just hijack the radio.

Uuuuggggg

Coffeekeepsmedriving

What is it with these entitled pax? Almost every night one will ask for the AUX cord to which I reply that I don't have one. To which they nearly always reply with some shitty comment.
They are never going to tip me not are they ever traveling more then 10 minutes away.
Usually it's 18-22 year old girls. But one time it was a mid 40s male with a SPC complete with @@@@@@@ tone of voice who lectured me about how all good drivers offer AUX cords. I kindly explained to him that my radio is stock and therefore doesn't have a plug. To which he replied that I should just go by a whole new Stereo system! He even said "It wouldn't cost more then a few hundred dollars" to which I reply that I can't afford that. I am doing this for a living and we don't make that much. To which he gave me the standard Uber driver's are making bank spiel: "My friend's cousin's boyfriend says he makes $2500.00 a week"
There is no reasoning with these people. And I really hate it if they are in the front seat and just hijack the radio.

Uuuuggggg
same here, guy is 5 minutes from home and asked me for a charger..I told him dude you'll be home in 5 minutes..
that shut him up.lol

OverTheBarrell

From now on, if someone asks for aux cable or iPhone charger, I will offer it for $5. Water bottle - $3.

Days of free crap are over...

Ask a taxi driver for aux cable, lets see what he says. :eek::biggrin:
We don't get paid taxi rates! why offer it ?
Are they going to rate me down? there are plenty of other pax just waiting for thier next Uber

sellkatsell44

Uuuuggggg
I wouldn't have changed a thing except at the end when he starts to go into the uber spiel; I would politely pull over, turn around and ask if he can show me how much he's paying for the trip

It's probably just a couple of bucks, if not just under $20. I would then explain that I get paid about 70% of that gross, that's before tax, after taxes (which is higher for an individual doing 1099 then w2) I only earn about 60-70% of that

Ask him to do some calculations, if you're lucky to get steady pings and drive steady at 8hrs a day, that drive being what, 10-20 mins? Calculating dead time you probably can do 2-3 trips if lucky. How much would that be in day in earnings...ask him, if that's enough for a brand new stereo

And while we're looking at how much he pays, compared to how much a taxi would have cost him and how much I'm actually netting, I'd tell him I expect a tip at the end.

Oscar Levant

Uuuuggggg
One of the reasons I work strictly the airport/days, we don't get this type of pax. I used to drive nights, and would get aux cord people, and they would always play rap, which i cannot stand.

FormerDriverAtl

Uuuuggggg
Honestly, how do you drive for Über with no aux? Having an aux is part of your raison d'être and joi de vivre.

OverTheBarrell

One of the reasons I work strictly the airport/days, we don't get this type of pax. I used to drive nights, and would get aux cord people, and they would always play rap, which i cannot stand.
My Aux cord is only a power cord... it goes no where but to the power adapter.. not that it stops them from trying ...

This apple play junk in these new radios urks me, no where in the settings can you turn it off or disable it.. my rant.

AuxCordBoston

Uuuuggggg
No aux cord for iPhone 7

MaximusMurkimus

I hope people don't jump to conclusions here about rap and aux cord pax; my Pandora Radio when I'm driving is nothing but instrumental and old school, relatively clean hip-hop.

But one time I had a pax text me "Please have your bluetooth ready....thanks". What type of cars does he get where giving him bluetooth is standard, let alone expected?!

sporadic

Bluetooth ready... Hit arrived, drive past, cancel at 5. LOL.

I hope people don't jump to conclusions here about rap and aux cord pax; my Pandora Radio when I'm driving is nothing but instrumental and old school, relatively clean hip-hop.

But one time I had a pax text me "Please have your bluetooth ready....thanks". What type of cars does he get where giving him bluetooth is standard, let alone expected?!

Chicago-uber

Lol.. I would've texted back..

"Please have $20 ready for a tip... thanks"

Go4

I was right with you at old school, but my old school is Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra etc My PAX scream for aux cords! All I say is "When the Moon hits your eyes like a big pizza of pie, that an AUX CORD."

AudiMan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
same here, guy is 5 minutes from home and asked me for a charger..I told him dude you'll be home in 5 minutes..
that shut him up.lol
I gladly let them charge. I even have two different styles of iPhone charger as well as my Android charger. But Aux is where I draw the line.

I was right with you at old school, but my old school is Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra etc My PAX scream for aux cords! All I say is "When the Moon hits your eyes like a big pizza of pie, that an AUX CORD."
I love playing music like that. I play a broad variety including country. Even a little bit of modern stuff gets mixed in. I usually just play whatever I'm in the mood for and not overly loud.

And I could handle that if it were the kind of thing they wanted to play. But 9 times Outta 10 they are going hardcore.

One other thing to keep in mind here folks. I have heard Rumblings that Uber is going to set it up so pax can play what they want through your Pandora. So I don't use Pandora just in case that ever becomes a thing. I use Google Play Music. $12.99 a month and it gets you a free subscription to YouTube Red which is handy on slow nights.

Reactions: Go4

FormerDriverAtl

I gladly let them charge. I even have two different styles of iPhone charger as well as my Android charger. But Aux is where I draw the line.

I love playing music like that. I play a broad variety including country. Even a little bit of modern stuff gets mixed in. I usually just play whatever I'm in the mood for and not overly loud.

And I could handle that if it were the kind of thing they wanted to play. But 9 times Outta 10 they are going hardcore.

One other thing to keep in mind here folks. I have heard Rumblings that Uber is going to set it up so pax can play what they want through your Pandora. So I don't use Pandora just in case that ever becomes a thing. I use Google Play Music. $12.99 a month and it gets you a free subscription to YouTube Red which is handy on slow nights.
Über already has done that or maybe it's gone. While I was driving, passengers could use your pandora and data.

excel2345

Uuuuggggg
I just tell them someone stole it, that quiets them right down.