• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

If I was truly a independent contractor I should be able to

Boca Ratman

more often then tips, which is why rating on tips is <fill in the blank>. specially with uber since you are forced to rate b4 you know about a tip in the app.
So glad I ignore pax ratings; for this very reason.
I've been rating this way since before in app tipping. My in app tips and cash tips totals are usually about the same totals, usually cash is a bit more. Less people tip cash but the average tip is much higher.

I've received well over 2000 cash tips, I used to keep count. I've only received 2 $1.00 cash tips. 2 out 2000 plus. I receive more 1 dollar in app tips in a week than 4 plus years of driving.

I want to separate the cash tippers from other people. It's not personal, its business.

If I could, I'd give an overall rating of 4.9x to cash tippers. 4.8x to in app tippers and 4.7x to non tippers.

Where I am about half my pax I've driven before on any given day. If I knew the next ping 10 minutes away was a cash tipper I'd probably take it. If I new they were a non tipper, probably not.

Ratings are a tool, not some damn social status. In my opinion, you're foolish to not use them as such.

SHalester

Less people tip cash but the average tip is much higher.
must go by market because I've never officially been given or offered a cash tip. I did find a crumbled dollar bill in the seat pocket at one point. I should add I don't want a cash tip. Pax feels the need, use the app.

Boca Ratman

must go by market because I've never officially been given or offered a cash tip. I did find a crumbled dollar bill in the seat pocket at one point. I should add I don't want a cash tip. Pax feels the need, use the app.
Wow. Never? I've always done fairly well with cash. I keep anything over a 5. I used to keep 5s. I'll count it one day, I'm sure its 7-8 thousand by now.

Last week I received $68 in cash, plus 5 Canadian. For some reason I can't get into my previous weeks uber pay. I probably got more in app tips than cash that week because of a $30 lyft tip. 45 was total w/lyft. I'm sure I got more than 23 on uber.
He told me he'd tip well because his work was paying and he was pissed they sent him 70 miles in a lyft.

Mole

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If I was truly a independent contractor I should be able to

See my earnings potential before accepting a job like the California Drivers can.
I hope this will be nation wide by the end of the year.

Uber's Guber

good, then they won't argue about Uber doing the same (again). Plus, a notice to each pax driver is carrying.
Drivers are independent contractors, Uber can't dictate a weapon policy to an independent contractor who is legally armed. Furthermore, Uber actively lobbies against fingerprinting their drivers, they want no part of it.
Concealed means concealed. Snowflakes don't get to know who's packing. Wouldn't want some snowflake sitting in my back seat suffer from an instantaneous meltdown. :biggrin:
1.JPG

kc ub'ing!

If one feels safer going to the supermarket with a firearm, do you think that person should just not eat?
If they’re so mentally crippled they can’t go for groceries without packing, yeah they should stay home!

They can’t make it in our society. Put em on an ice float and give it a nudge. Eskimos know what’s up!

I’m tired of these mental defectives shooting up schools, churches and nightclubs! It’s too easy to get guns in America! You heard it here first!

Fuzzyelvis

Pax should be forced to rate just as drivers are. Any rating under 5 needs explanation and NO multi choice. Pax doesn't want to explain, rating is not saved, period.

Going to disagree on the driver being able to alter a rating after the fact. Too many drivers, here on this forum, would 1* every single pax who didn't tip.

I'm good with the REAL first name; as a driver don't need anything else, imho.

so a pax ticks you off, you shoot them? OK, only if background check is changed to full fingerprint, DOJ and FBI checks.

Youtube?
If every driver knew who they were and one starred non tippers, pretty soon everyone who didn't tip would have a CHEAP rating and eventually pax would learn that tipping matters and that they should tip.

That's not a bad thing.

Uber's Guber

Sure they can and do: TOS. You agree each time you go online. A fact.
Haha Uber TOS does not supersede the Constitution and my lawful rights. Uber simply writes that language into their TOS to cover their own asses. Uber’s only precedent is the ability to remove me from their POS platform, and readers here on UP.net are fully aware Uber deactivates drivers on plenty of bullshit whims.
I wipe my azzcrack with Uber’s POS TOS.

5231XDMA

I'd support drug testing and an overall stronger vetting process, as it stands right now any breathing body with a license could work for Uber/Lyft leading to oversupply of drivers. The rating system is unreliable IMO.

Nats121

Haha Uber TOS does not supersede the Constitution and my lawful rights. Uber simply writes that language into their TOS to cover their own asses. Uber’s only precedent is the ability to remove me from their POS platform, and readers here on UP.net are fully aware Uber deactivates drivers on plenty of bullshit whims.
I wipe my azzcrack with Uber’s POS TOS.
The power to fire drivers aka "remove from platform" is the same power ALL employers have over their workers.

Fear of being fired from one's job is the all-powerful motivator that results in workers obeying their bosses, especially when their boss orders them to do something they don't want to do.

Cold Fusion

The power to fire drivers aka "remove from platform" is the same power ALL employers have over their workers.

Fear of being fired from one's job is the all-powerful motivator that results in workers obeying their bosses, especially when their boss orders them to do something they don't want to do.
Everyone wants to be an Uber Driver 👍
But so few want to Work
Many will be deactivated for inability to drive from point A to B.

⚽Turkish soccer ⚽ star Hakan Sukur is now an Uber driver in the US

troothequalstroll

I hope this will be nation wide by the end of the year.
By the end of the Superbowl
All drivers deserve these rights

Post automatically merged:

Yup & if the reason is BS with no evidence even in an at will state you'll get unemployment for least 6 months

Bosses can't order you to work free or violate the law, blank contracts aren't binding, illegal terms in contracts invalidate the contract

Last edited by a moderator: