If I was really an IC......

Mista T

Author
If I was really an IC (as opposed to a Dependent Contractor) I would have/be able to:

* know the time and distance to pickup
* know the pax rating
* know the pax destination, or general direction
* know how much money I will make up front (not counting optional tips)
* know how much time will be used up, up front
* be able to negotiate rates, at my discretion
* know how many pax I am picking up
* decide how long I will wait for people before cancelling
* choose when to work and when to not work
* be in control of my work environment, within the laws set by my market
* choose my self defense, within the laws of my market
* be able to choose what service level I am willing to accept
* not be hassled about AR
* work for the competition, or anyone else I want to

What am I missing?

steveK2016

No one is stopping you from working for thr competition or anyone else you want to. In fact the contract explicitly says you are allowed to work with other services and conduct any other business you see fit.

Contracts, the C in IC, have stipulations. All IC must follow their contract guidelines. Its their app, if you dont want to follow those guidelines, you are independent enough to walk away from the contract without any sort of penalty.

Mista T

Author
No one is stopping you from working for thr competition or anyone else you want to. In fact the contract explicitly says you are allowed to work with other services and conduct any other business you see fit.

Contracts, the C in IC, have stipulations. All IC must follow their contract guidelines. Its their app, if you dont want to follow those guidelines, you are independent enough to walk away from the contract without any sort of penalty.

Some of those criteria are true already. I was just listing the entirety of what it should be.

reg barclay

* not be hassled about AR
You have BA Baracus as your avatar, and you call the odd email, about how accepting trips keeps Uber running smoothly, being hassled? Just reply to their emails, and tell them to stop their jibber jabber!

dirtylee

How has no one managed to launch an app that competes with uber/pink tutu nationwide?

Heck, just offer the same rates but only take 10% & insurance. No fancy office buildings in SF.

upyouruber

How has no one managed to launch an app that competes with uber/pink tutu nationwide?

Heck, just offer the same rates but only take 10% & insurance. No fancy office buildings in SF.
Let's do it. I'm in!

Can you define and/or elaborate on "...any other business you see fit?"