Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

If I reject all rides, will I get deactivated?

2K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  Merc7186 
#1 ·
I’m rejecting an awful lot of rides. While my life is much more peaceful, I’m wondering just how far I can take it before they let me go.

#4 ·
I'm rejecting an awful lot of rides. While my life is much more peaceful, I'm wondering just how far I can take it before they let me go.
I'm 4% acceptance for a year now and nothing except the constant parent like warnings you get from Lyft.

I haven't hit go offline on Lyft or Uber in probably a year, just run them and swipe up on iPhone and let them log me off.

#10 ·
I'm rejecting an awful lot of rides. While my life is much more peaceful, I'm wondering just how far I can take it before they let me go.
You mean cancelling or not accepting? Excessive cancelling might put you in trouble. Acceptance rates can go down as low as 0% because this is not going to disrupr their business. There is always another looser like me at the next intersection. Lol.

#11 ·
Acceptance rate is around 30%. I might cancel several times a day (12/hr day) mostly Lyft because they have that bad habit a of assigning riders that I never accepted. Whenever they do that, I cancel as a matter of principal. When will Lyft learn? If you force a rider on me, I'm going to throw that rider to the curb. And that's all on you.

#13 ·
#15 ·
No:

https://help.uber.com/partners/arti...y?nodeId=ada3b961-e3c2-48e6-ac3f-2db5936e37a9 :

Acceptance Rates
High acceptance rates are a critical part of reliable, high-quality service, but not accepting trip requests does not lead to permanent loss of your account.
Consistently accepting trip requests helps maximize earnings for drivers and keeps the system running smoothly. We know that sometimes things come up that prevent you from accepting every trip request, or you may want to take a break. But not accepting trip requests causes delays and degrades the reliability of the system. If you don't want to accept trips, just log off.
If you consistently decline trip requests, we will assume you do not want to accept more trips and you may be logged out of the app. [3]

Resolved.

#16 ·
Don't know about lyft since I only accept lux. With Uber my app on for about 4 hours and not 1 single trip accepted except by mistake last 6 days. Uber does not have much lux. Of course immediately cancel don't charge rider. If I get a $10+ surge will accept provided less than 3 minutes to pickup and less than 10 miles to destination. It's plane ignorant otherwise.
Btw when uber surges lyft lux gets busy. Riders already learned lyft lux usually cheaper or same as uber's surge pricing. Every time I'm in surge area i get lyft lux pings. That's only reason to chase uber's surge.

#17 ·
Don't know about lyft since I only accept lux. With Uber my app on for about 4 hours and not 1 single trip accepted except by mistake last 6 days. Uber does not have much lux. Of course immediately cancel don't charge rider. If I get a $10+ surge will accept provided less than 3 minutes to pickup and less than 10 miles to destination. It's plane ignorant otherwise.
Btw when uber surges lyft lux gets busy. Riders already learned lyft lux usually cheaper or same as uber's surge pricing. Every time I'm in surge area i get lyft lux pings. That's only reason to chase uber's surge.
I use Lyft at airport only....here it's like 5 Uber's hailed for every one Lyft....you could get three Uber's (I decline anyone under 4.8) most days before one single GRYFT ride. On both I don't accept any low rated people. The last thing I'm doing is taking a chance on a no tipper Satan spawn with usually 17 miles or more trip average.

#21 ·
Yes you will. I was deactivated for that. I recieved several warnings and than finally they deactivated me and wouldn't let me drive. I tried for months to get back on they wouldn't let me. Until about a while later I got a new car and let them know and asked again and magically was reactivated lol.

#23 ·
As an independent contractor, you are free to reject ride requests. Uber won't care because they can find another contractor driver who will accept that request.
The only rejection you shouldn't do is rejecting a lot of trips after accepting them.

#25 ·
This seems to happen quite a bit, as well as "drive and a passenger will be assigned to you". I fell for that....once. ?
Yea, I get that from Lyft at the airport when I'm waiting in the que. just drive and we'll assign a rider. Now I just turn Lyft off. Lyft - if you're listening - you are losing all your best drivers at the airport with this practice. I drop off Lyft or Uber at the airport, but I only pick up Uber. I bet I'm not the only one.

Seems like a moot point.

If you reject all rides, haven't you technically already deactivated yourself?
I should change my name to kamikaze Uber.

#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.