If a PAX leaves a $500 bill on your back seat, and offers you $100 to return it....

Ubertool

The better person returns it. Try a little harder.
😎
Is it just me being a salty old man , but I swear I’ve never liked anything I’ve ever read out of your keyboard. I hate when I read stuff before I log in , had this one on ignore but I forget to load in before I read . Remind me of a hall monitor . Sure your comments go over well at party’s

freddieman

I’m not driving 2 hours to return cash. I would make a deal with pax by using part of money to send money order by mail...i would get some compensation for troubles or send by paypal and keep cash.

crowuber

And you would be the guy who drives 4hrs to get conned for his supposed reward. And likely more.
I keep it simple. I turn my head as pax exit, I say "make sure you have your phone & stuff" & I scan the seats as well.
If after all that I found cash I would consider it a gift from God.

Hey- who here remembers the nutty princess who supposedly left moms ashes in an LV bag along with thousands of dollars of electronics in an uber? She didnt tip him then contacted an hr or so later to say "I left something extremely valuable in your car". 😂😂😂😂😂😂
When he didnt drop everything to call her right back the (wanna be) actress called the news media and posted fake tear videos with herself in full elvira garb & makeup all over social media. It was craaaazy.
She had pics of the driver taken from inside the car(yeah thats normal) and posted his personal info all over the net.
Post automatically merged:
No, you have me all wrong. I never would do that, I just wouldn't be able to take the money if they were respectful and contacted me.
I have zero problems tossing phones and other items out the window if pax contacts me and acts like I stole something.
Post automatically merged:

You take my alternate history story too literally. You can replace the joint with a gun if you like, it doesn't matter. Interaction with the police is a whole different situation.

Let me simplify it for you, it seems you need it:
Never talk to the police. Never. They are trained to 'catch you', and they get brownie points for catching you. The more arrests they make, the better chance of promotion. 90% of them don't concern themselves with justice or fairness (that's up to judge and jury), they only care about arrest rates.
So, again. Never talk to the police. Especially voluntarily.
I would never admit that I have possession of someone else's property. It creates a bailment and makes you civilly responsible for it. I might return it ... but I'd never admit to having possession of it.
I know! Why would you insert yourself on purpose by returning something to police then talking about it. So dumb, they're doing too much, just drive and stfu!

Last edited:

Oscar Levant

Do you drive two hours to get the $100 reward, or do you just keep the $500?
If you are an honest person, the answer is a no brainer, you don't keep it.

But, how to return it, that's up to you. If it's a numismatic currency ( a $500 bill? I've never seen one )
mail it in a sealed container insured to it's true value (I believe that it's legal if it's a numismatic item), Or, make them come and pick it up. I wouldn't be driving anywhere, personally. But, $100 for a 2 hour drive? Maybe, I'd have to think about it. If I did, I"d ask for $115 because of gas. the rest comes to $25 an hour (4 hours there and back) which is about what I'd make on a good day.

Charlesw62

After reading this forum for several weeks and noting the negative things posted about passengers I have come to the conclusion that most of you are really dirt-bags as drivers and human beings. I just started driving and as long as passengers don't curse me or trash my vehicle, I could care less whether they tip or not. I could care less whether I make a stop along the way (as long as they "app" it) that lasts 4 minutes and 40 seconds. I've actually not done too bad driving 5-6 hours Mon-Fri on just Lyft. I'm pretty sure some of you think you're worth 45-50 bucks an hour, but you have minimum wage attitudes. If you want more money maybe you should change your attitudes. IJS. I get this is place to vent, but some of your stories just highlight the shitty type of person you are.

Ubertool

After reading this forum for several weeks and noting the negative things posted about passengers I have come to the conclusion that most of you are really dirt-bags as drivers and human beings. I just started driving and as long as passengers don't curse me or trash my vehicle, I could care less whether they tip or not. I could care less whether I make a stop along the way (as long as they "app" it) that lasts 4 minutes and 40 seconds. I've actually not done too bad driving 5-6 hours Mon-Fri on just Lyft. I'm pretty sure some of you think you're worth 45-50 bucks an hour, but you have minimum wage attitudes. If you want more money maybe you should change your attitudes. IJS. I get this is place to vent, but some of your stories just highlight the shitty type of person you are.
We are here to make you feel better about yourself , is it working? Gtfoh if you don’t like others opinions. We are just like you . Everyone’s got one. An @@@@@@@.

MiamiKid

Well stated

Jon Stoppable

If I was him, I would give all the billing documents, and payments to the firm accountant with instructions to do what she does ...
Always deflect risk whenever possible - and he will still get his $100.

'swot I'd do
Many small law firms operate as partnerships only in the loosest sense--each partner will typically get their own billings less allocated overhead as their profit share. Larger firms much less so, instead they just allocate partnership units to the rainmakers accordingly. But they bill a lot more than $100 for anything, so ...

Charlesw62

We are here to make you feel better about yourself , is it working? Gtfoh if you don’t like others opinions. We are just like you . Everyone’s got one. An @@@@@@@.
I'm pretty sure I don't need anyone to "make me feel better about myself". Yep, everybody has an opinion and judging by the comments a lot of you make, my opinion is, most are dirt-bags, incessantly complaining. You have a choice. I just keep my car clean, say hi/bye and drive.

Ubertool

I'm pretty sure I don't need anyone to "make me feel better about myself". Yep, everybody has an opinion and judging by the comments a lot of you make, my opinion is, most are dirt-bags, incessantly complaining. You have a choice. I just keep my car clean, say hi/bye and drive.
Look at these

UberBastid

What is wrong with car salesman?
I dunno ... I got no problem with em.
When I was young I needed a car, bad, so I went to work as a salesman. Didn't intend for it to last long, but I got good enough to be promoted to Fleet Manager.
It was a good gig.
Things have changed now ... salespeople don't get demos any more ...
I didn't own a car, or have insurance, or pay for gas for three years. And I always drove a new car.

Fuzzyelvis

If they tipped in some other cash or in the app then it's not a tip and some effort should be made to return it.

If they didn't tip then clearly they left it as a tip.