If a PAX leaves a $500 bill on your back seat, and offers you $100 to return it....

Rae

Oh? How so? I don't see the connection.
me either
So if the pax who dropped it was a hooker & I donated the $500 to starving puppies would Jesus be ok or is that still theft? What if the money was dropped by a girl on her way into planned parenthood?? So who is judge and jury?
A lot of people would not tip a driver who said anything to indicate religious bias.
Post automatically merged:

Would leave you two cents, yes. And in cash!
😁

We're from very different worlds.

Can't think of one person, I know, that would be inclined to tip after reading UP. NONE.
Personally I would get out of the car. Yours.
People want a ride. They dont want your sanctimonious views shoved down their throat.
Reminder- this isnt a car. Not an uber ride. This is an open chat board. Its open to all, not just christians who agree with your views & who you approve of

welikecamping

Can't think of one person, I know, that would be inclined to tip after reading UP. NONE.
I beg to differ. I judge drivers on their individual merit, when they are providing a service, not when they are trash-talking online. They always have a tip when I get in the car. Whether or not they actually get it, depends on the experience.

I would however, if I actually got you for a driver, remind you that "tips are included" as I depart.

crowuber

If they contacted me like you said, and offered that absolutely, I would do it. There's NO WAY I could take that all the money with them contacting me about it. I joke about stuff like that on here, but honestly there's no way I wouldn't return it.

Rae

If they contacted me like you said, and offered that absolutely, I would do it. There's NO WAY I could take that all the money with them contacting me about it. I joke about stuff like that on here, but honestly there's no way I wouldn't return it.
And you would be the guy who drives 4hrs to get conned for his supposed reward. And likely more.
I keep it simple. I turn my head as pax exit, I say "make sure you have your phone & stuff" & I scan the seats as well.
If after all that I found cash I would consider it a gift from God.

Hey- who here remembers the nutty princess who supposedly left moms ashes in an LV bag along with thousands of dollars of electronics in an uber? She didnt tip him then contacted an hr or so later to say "I left something extremely valuable in your car". 😂😂😂😂😂😂
When he didnt drop everything to call her right back the (wanna be) actress called the news media and posted fake tear videos with herself in full elvira garb & makeup all over social media. It was craaaazy.
She had pics of the driver taken from inside the car(yeah thats normal) and posted his personal info all over the net.

letsmeknowimRIGHT

Because I STRONGLY SUPPORT modern day slavery, will not be participating. I will be driving in Atlanta.

UBER ROCKS!

MAGA 2020!
😎
Free country I suppose
Drivers should drive, pick up dropp off everywhere accept starting May 10th ignore all airport pickups unless it's surging 10x this way they can still "earn" .60 a mile drop off at airport and stay safe avoiding covid from picking up at airport lol

Anyhoo just bored doing my part buh bye. Funny how your shill account can post lies & support human trafficking yet the trooth gets censored lol anyhoo I ain't mad at cha thanks for the quote but carefully they might edits it like zee Germans in zee 30s-40s

Last edited:

Waingro

Return the money to a police station and be gone with it.No one will ever have anything on you. I returned a$5k bracelet and the cops laughed and I replied it's only a bracelet. If it was a fresh kidney and I needed one then that could be different.

UberBastid

I returned a$5k bracelet and the cops laughed
(let me finish your story for you)

And then, the cops contacted the owner, who said that she also left a 3 caret diamond ring, and where is that? So the cops knocked on my door to ask me more questions, and smelled something funny, so they entered and found a joint in the ashtray and arrested me for possession.
While I was in jail waiting for bail, the DA's office finished their investigation and filed for grand theft.
My lawyer tells me that since I admitted that I had possession of some of her property, it is presumed that I had possession of all of it. I think he thinks I did it too. He reminded me that I should never talk to the police. Ever.
He recommends taking a plea deal and I will probably get less than a year in jail.

And, I didn't do it.
What should I do?
Should I go to the Greenlight hub when/if I get out?
Think I will be deactivated?

Just a little alternate history for you.
Things like this happen EVERY DAY.

Bonmot

(let me finish your story for you)

And then, the cops contacted the owner, who said that she also left a 3 caret diamond ring, and where is that? So the cops knocked on my door to ask me more questions, and smelled something funny, so they entered and found a joint in the ashtray and arrested me for possession.
While I was in jail waiting for bail, the DA's office finished their investigation and filed for grand theft.
My lawyer tells me that since I admitted that I had possession of some of her property, it is presumed that I had possession of all of it. I think he thinks I did it too. He reminded me that I should never talk to the police. Ever.
He recommends taking a plea deal and I will probably get less than a year in jail.

And, I didn't do it.
What should I do?
Should I go to the Greenlight hub when/if I get out?
Think I will be deactivated?

Just a little alternate history for you.
Things like this happen EVERY DAY.
I call BS. Uber TOS clearly state that drivers are not not NOT ( I repeat: NOT ) responsible for items left in their car and are under no obligation to return them. There is NO legal jeopardy.

And what backwards reactionary burg do you live in that you're going to do jail time for a joint? Get real.