Idle puppets

Chisox1125

I get people gotta do what they gotta do, but good grief shut you dang car off if you gonna sit and wait for a fare, it ain't that hot out. If you see spots like this an Idle puppet was there.

Attachments

Last edited:

Chisox1125

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Only pic missing here is the car. Stood next to a grey Mazda earlier, and a red Toyota. Both sat for about 20 minutes plus.

Bob Reynolds

According to the Uber agreement, you must keep your vehicle at a comfortable temperature at all times while waiting for the Uber rider.

Chisox1125

According to the Uber agreement, you must keep your vehicle at a comfortable temperature at all times while waiting for the Uber rider.
Reasons why I don't drive during the day. You loose about 1 mile of fuel usage for every 2 minutes of idle time. I get it when you arrive to pick em up, but not while waiting for a fare.

Last edited:

UberXTampa

For a hybrid this is not so much a good idea and especially in Tampa heat.
I used to start the car in the morning and never turn it off until I get back home.
Sometimes 10-12 hours and more. Even when I fill up, I used to let the a/c run, the car was never turned off.

Still I was averaging 49+ MPG with my Prius while I was always chilling at 70 degrees in the car.

I think this depends on what type of car you have.

UberPasco

For a hybrid this is not so much a good idea and especially in Tampa heat.
I used to start the car in the morning and never turn it off until I get back home.
Sometimes 10-12 hours and more. Even when I fill up, I used to let the a/c run, the car was never turned off.

Still I was averaging 49+ MPG with my Prius while I was always chilling at 70 degrees in the car.

I think this depends on what type of car you have.
Any idea why my MPG took a plunge? Was running close to 50, then I had my oil changed and tires rotated. Went immediately down to about 37! I tweaked tire pressure and got it back up to about 43, but not happy. BTW, the dealer had changed my oil (33K)with conventional when I bought it and it now has the proper synthetic (39K).

UberXTampa

Is it possible that you have a lot of very short rides and you turn off the car immediately after each ride? If you do that and you don't have back to back constant trips, you may not be able to get the high MPG.

UberPasco

Driving habits/style haven't changed. Just thought you may have run into this before. Almost all of the info I've found online says tires or pressure.

UberXTampa

Driving habits/style haven't changed. Just thought you may have run into this before. Almost all of the info I've found online says tires or pressure.
I agree. Tires or pressure are first suspects. I also buy gas only from the same Shell gas station for years. Some gas is not as good. Sam's club gas for example.

DAG

I agree. Tires or pressure are pects. I also buy gas only from the same Shell gas station for years. Some gas is not as good. Sam's club gas for example.
Quickly, somebody, do the math. Is it economical to use Sam's Club discounted gas combined UBER Rewards rebate? :-)

Chisox1125

Quickly, somebody, do the math. Is it economical to use Sam's Club discounted gas combined UBER Rewards rebate? :smiles:
Eliminate the Uber gas card immediately. Seeing a lot of bad usage from people on here.

Ubertimes

The only real thing between gas is octane and the additives they add to their brand I've been pumping gas In my car's for 30 years never off I found bad gas whatever that means!