• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Idiot ANT doesn't play by the rules

Sprunt2001

So I work full time and drive UBER every night and weekends. I have a few places I frequently sit and wait. I always check the pax app to see if another driver is already in these spots and if so, I try another place. No point in 2 drivers vying for the same rides in a small market, not to mention it's a shitty thing to do. So I'm sitting in a 500 spot parking lot and a car pulls up directly beside me with RI plates. I check the pax app and sure enough this person is an Uber driver. I give it a few minutes and decide to see what's up. I ask if he's driving for Uber and he says yes and I say the same. Ask how long he's been doing it and he says about 6 weeks. I politely show him how to check the PAX app and suggest using it so he's not stepping on anyone's toes because it does no use to be right on top of another driver especially in the very spread out area I work. He tells me it's a free country and thanks for the advice but he's not leaving. So I ask if he's driving his own car or does it belong to another Uber driver(this is common in RI). His demeanor changes immediately and I told him to take off or i'd report the car and license plate to Uber. I hear about ppl in RI getting a legit Uber account and then letting there friends work shifts like it's NBD. I'm so sick of drivers who think the rules don't apply to them and this is the kind of crap that gives honest, hard working drivers a bad rep. Well, that's my little rant for the night, hopefully I don't see this RI ANT again.

Arb Watson

So I work full time and drive UBER every night and weekends. I have a few places I frequently sit and wait. I always check the pax app to see if another driver is already in these spots and if so, I try another place. No point in 2 drivers vying for the same rides in a small market, not to mention it's a shitty thing to do. So I'm sitting in a 500 spot parking lot and a car pulls up directly beside me with RI plates. I check the pax app and sure enough this person is an Uber driver. I give it a few minutes and decide to see what's up. I ask if he's driving for Uber and he says yes and I say the same. Ask how long he's been doing it and he says about 6 weeks. I politely show him how to check the PAX app and suggest using it so he's not stepping on anyone's toes because it does no use to be right on top of another driver especially in the very spread out area I work. He tells me it's a free country and thanks for the advice but he's not leaving. So I ask if he's driving his own car or does it belong to another Uber driver(this is common in RI). His demeanor changes immediately and I told him to take off or i'd report the car and license plate to Uber. I hear about ppl in RI getting a legit Uber account and then letting there friends work shifts like it's NBD. I'm so sick of drivers who think the rules don't apply to them and this is the kind of crap that gives honest, hard working drivers a bad rep. Well, that's my little rant for the night, hopefully I don't see this RI ANT again.
Next time mind your own business. This is America.

UberMor

This is why I care about my rating. In an Uber bubble I know I will get a ping before the rest.

Uber is searching for 3 drivers close by. - when you request a ride on pax app.

Translation - Uber is searching for the 3 highest rated drivers closest to you.

Have seen it happen multiple times and saw one driver lose his s**t when I smiled and drove away.

Arb Watson

This is why I care about my rating. In an Uber bubble I know I will get a ping before the rest.

Have seen it happen multiple times and saw one driver lose his s**t when I smiled and drove away.
You ain't getting a ping. Uber is looking for John.

ubermaster5000

I have long suspect driver ratings are factored into the algorithms. It only makes sense to favor highly rated drivers because it retains highly rated drivers and more 5 star trips will be given meaning the pax are happy with the service.

MedfordUber

back in the day Taxi Cab beefs were way cooler than this post modern gentrified version of whatever the @@@@ I just read.

drag him out the car and set that shit on fire homie.

Danny3xd

Just a side note. I get asked to "take a selfie" a few times a week. I no longer look like my picture. (grew a goatee) And had many passengers say they thought I was not their driver when they got close.

Wondering how folks could get away with letting another drive thier car and uber/lyft?

Glad ya scared him off, Sprunt! Most likly just a guy trying to make a few bucks, if not the true driver. But what if a child rapist or the like? If just ripping people off, still hurts us. And possible, God forbid, some innocent who trusted the service we provide.

And, we don't need another horror story in the news. If not in hopes of looking out for people. Then looking out for our income.

Thanks, Srunt!

Conporbos

I’m fairly certain that establishing your position and having another driver show up and hang there is a known etiquette faux pas among taxi drivers (at least in the past). I think that we generally might share a similar courtesy, with exceptions of course.

Danny3xd

I’m fairly certain that establishing your position and having another driver show up and hang there is a known etiquette faux pas among taxi drivers (at least in the past). I think that we generally might share a similar courtesy, with exceptions of course.
I honestly would not have thought of that. In either position, first or second to arrive, I would have said hello and just BSed a bit. Thinking it was now just a line. Like ques at airports.

Dang. Wonder if I PO'ed other drivers in the past?

I longlined for swordfish south of Cuba way back. When we found good fishing, we actually told the other boats. (as long as they was a Mercans!, LoL)

One large sword fish could be worth $7,000+. And we could hold hundreds. So no small matter to share information like that.

Last edited: