IDG are whacked

Inshur

Frankyfiggs

There aren't even enough wav jobs to make 10% of ubers rides, and IDG wants to pretend the TLC would limit uber even if it COULD

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170921-113620.png
    Screenshot_20170921-113620.png
    74.3 KB · Views: 103

maximumuber

There aren't even enough wav jobs for Access a ride and companies like it. Why isn't the city directing all the wav jobs to such company? I worked for Access a Ride for a few years. Out of 10 trip you probably get 1 or 2 wheel chair customers a day. Some days you wouldn't get any wheel chair customers at all. Those buses were made to pick up 2 wheel chair customers at a time, but yet most of the time they're picking up customer that can walk like everyone else. Access a Ride was built for the purpose of picking up wheel chair customers yet, most people they pick up are able walking bodies. I always suspect some of these customers got into the program by scamming their way in. For a customer you only pay metro card fare which is $2.75 to have your own personal bus/car service that goes door to door. How often do you see a wheel chair customer on the streets waiting for taxis or fhv to pick them up? Why isn't the city or TLC giving them more wav jobs?

Brooklyn

There aren't even enough wav jobs for Access a ride and companies like it. Why isn't the city directing all the wav jobs to such company? I worked for Access a Ride for a few years. Out of 10 trip you probably get 1 or 2 wheel chair customers a day. Some days you wouldn't get any wheel chair customers at all. Those buses were made to pick up 2 wheel chair customers at a time, but yet most of the time they're picking up customer that can walk like everyone else. Access a Ride was built for the purpose of picking up wheel chair customers yet, most people they pick up are able walking bodies. I always suspect some of these customers got into the program by scamming their way in. For a customer you only pay metro card fare which is $2.75 to have your own personal bus/car service that goes door to door. How often do you see a wheel chair customer on the streets waiting for taxis or fhv to pick them up? Why isn't the city or TLC giving them more wav jobs?

So the current plan from the city is to spread out the trips to taxis and FHV’s.. they’re gonna see what happens.

Wardell Curry

I saw that on facebook. They want us to sit at a 3 hour meeting so we can discuss how we are going to prevent tlc from passing this law that taxis apparently want so they can reduce the number of fhv cars on the road. @@@@ IDG. Joke organization.

Frankyfiggs

I think what's funny is they are trying to scare drivers into thinking it will force the apps to stop accepting ride requests, which is absurd, the tax man going to tell the apps not to run? Hah. This says to me that IDG does not respect the drivers at all, which is typical. It tells me they will do and say anything to get juice, and maybe the intentions are good, and maybe a drivers union would be the greatest thing drivers could hope for, ( will never have a union as long as fresh immigrants show up everyday) but these activist tactics and borderline lies gives me great doubt about this group.

Inshur New York