• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

IDG AND TLC needs to reverse the seatbelt law asap!!!

Inshur

bonum exactoris

Rofl I still havent buckled my seatbelts since I bought my car in 2014 and yet to have gotten pulled over.
Me neither. I tuck the strap under my thigh.
from outside it looks like I'm in full compliance.

I bought These for $3 (as cheap as $1 on ebay) and inserted in opposite end buckle to stop seatbelt alert buzzer.

Universal Carbon Fiber Car Safety Seat Belt Buckle Alarm Stopper Clip Clamp

Last edited:

Cjoey

Well i got stopped twice in a week for a seatbelt. First cop gave me a ticket second one let me go cuz of the pba.

Five Star

Aside From the fact that this is considered one of the worlds most dangerous jobs, its getting really bad out there!!!

App companies need to make a $12 minimum fare to discourage hoodrats using this service

Lyft is playing with our safety by resetting all riders ratings to 5.0, leaving us in the dark to choose out riders!! Lawsuit incoming!!
IDG?? Is that a joke?? IDG is nothing but a division of UBER my friend. And by the way, IDG has joined UBER in a fight to end the cap. That’s right IDG is fighting the city to lift the cap on FHV plates. Maybe their permanent member can come here and explain to us why IDG is fighting to add MORE DRIVERS on the streets.....

LucidityOfPower

IDG?? Is that a joke?? IDG is nothing but a division of UBER my friend. And by the way, IDG has joined UBER in a fight to end the cap. That’s right IDG is fighting the city to lift the cap on FHV plates. Maybe their permanent member can come here and explain to us why IDG is fighting to add MORE DRIVERS on the streets.....
Someone knows. Props to you, friend.

Endless

I still don't understand what the seatbelt law has to do with anything. It's a good thing, and you're complaining. You pretend to be a veteran, but your pic looks like you're some barely a 30-year-old failure-out-of-college who turned to Uber and now knows everything? :o-o:

Don't understand what your point is. Again. Can you write in grammatically correct, clearly-understood English?
Damn ...

theitalian

Seat belts save lives. That's what the government says.
And it is correct. I always fasten my seatbelt even when it wasn't a mandatory. I think in the last year saved a lot Uber drivers in Nyc: 4 on 5 accidents that happens out there are involving tlc cars.

KenStyles

Where did you get this information? Link?

LucidityOfPower

Where did you get this information? Link?
Indignant_Dipsh1ts_Guild said:
For over two years, drivers urged the Machinists Union to represent them to increase their earnings, benefits, and protections. In late 2015, the Machinists Union entered negotiations with Uber and announced the formation of the IDG in May 2016.

and

NY_Times said:
...Independent Drivers Guild was formed roughly one year ago as part of an agreement for the New York City area between Uber and a regional branch of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Guild officials say the unusual deal was simply the most practical way to improve the lot of drivers, whom the union has a proud history of organizing.
But the group’s relationship with Uber has also inspired considerable suspicion among labor leaders, activists and experts.
NY_Times said:
On May 1, the guild sent an email to members urging them to help create an afternoon work stoppage at Lyft. In the email, Ryan Price, the guild’s executive director, instructed members to order rides on Lyft so they could urge its drivers to join a stoppage.
NY_Times said:
As part of the deal [of creating the guild with Uber], the guild secured regular meetings between some of its members and Uber officials in New York City — the only dialogue in the country between Uber and a driver group associated with a union — and due process for drivers whom Uber has barred from the platform.
NY_Times said:
The guild also regularly takes credit for changes that it appears to have had little to do with, or that the company began making before the guild existed.

Do you believe now?

Last edited:

Kris150303

Aside From the fact that this is considered one of the worlds most dangerous jobs, its getting really bad out there!!!

App companies need to make a $12 minimum fare to discourage hoodrats using this service

Lyft is playing with our safety by resetting all riders ratings to 5.0, leaving us in the dark to choose out riders!! Lawsuit incoming!!
You have to wait till someone dies. The sacrifice has to have their seat belt on while getting killed by the passenger. Then we wait about 2 years and the city council will vote to not mandate seat belts

Five Star

and

Do you believe now?

View attachment 302762
Excellent NY Times article, really good.
It shows how shady IDG really is. Always claiming victory for stuff they had nothing to do with. They claim to “represent” 50.000 NYC drivers. They represent maybe less then 1% of that number (maybe), the number being closer to 0.5% of ehat they claim.
Now, if you’re a paying IDG member and read this article, how can you justify giving IDG $18 a month?? They are a COMPANY UNION, funded by UBER and there’s NOTHING honest about that.