1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

ID Checks now Required for Drivers?

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by Uber48208, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Uber48208

Uber48208 Active Member

This is an interesting email from the Mothership... they'll be requiring you to take a photo of your face to make sure you're indeed the one driving the car before random shifts...

uber.jpg

2. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Since this doesn't prevent someone from logging in with a snapshot and then handing their phone to someone else to drive the car, it does little to improve security. While it's not a terrible move, it is designed more as a marketing move by Uber to convince legislators to drop their demands for fingerprinting drivers than to actually prevent unauthorized drivers from using the app.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    uberfraud and ABC123DEF like this.
  3. OlDirtySapper

OlDirtySapper Active Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    You got to be ****ing kidding me. We want to make sure you are you while allowing customers named microsoft to use our system. This will make you so much safter for YOU. **** YOU UBER **** YOU.

uberfraud and Uber48208 like this.
  4. yojimboguy

yojimboguy Well-Known Member

Interesting. I've been asked for this pic once, so far. The pic that I took to compare against my account photo, now IS my account photo. That seems to be a ... non-secure is putting it lightly ... poor means of verifying ID.

uberfraud likes this.
  5. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Snap a pic of a paper photo printout of the drivers selfie?

uberfraud and circle1 like this.

6. circle1

circle1 Well-Known Member

:D

7. yojimboguy

yojimboguy Well-Known Member

I can see a legitimate use for this -- if a passenger complains the driver who showed up is not the same person as the photo they were given. Uber could immediately request a photo of that driver, and suspend or deactivate the driver if the pics don't match.

The odds of catching someone by doing this randomly are vanishingly small.

8. Navy Vet

Navy Vet Member

Ya it's always for the pax Safety! How about making the rider put their picture or their app won't work. If they don't want to walk they will do it! Then make them randomly have ID check!