• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I would prefer driving Sidecar than Uber because...

misterno1

I am only intending to pick up people where I am already going. Sidecar requires customers to put in destination info, so I can pick up people wherever and go wherever without spending a dime on gas or wear and tear because I am already going for my benefit.

So I would make money with no effort at all.

What do you think?

troubleinrivercity

There will soon be legit carpool apps here in LA for daytime/normal use. You’ll join online groups of similar people that will be used to connect a driver and a passenger. Perfect behavior will be expected and it will be very easy to get your account probated. It will be a huge hit to the ridesharing business model. I don’t care if Uber/lyft keep using ‘ridesharing', because ‘carpool’ is more accurate and it’s been around forever.

Oc_DriverX

I am only intending to pick up people where I am already going. Sidecar requires customers to put in destination info, so I can pick up people wherever and go wherever without spending a dime on gas or wear and tear because I am already going for my benefit.

What do you think?
I have opened the app, but have not given any Sidecar rides yet. If you have Sidecar customers in your area, then it would be great.

alln

What do you think?
It is good but what about when pax calling you give them fixed price rides for $5

Oh My

....if a riders credit card declines, you have to wait 21 days to get paid and the max is $75?

All of my "pending" (non-paid) rides have been by black riders, except for one. He was Hispanic and arranged a ride for his grandmother to the ghetto. "He's such a nice grandson always insisting I don't take the bus", she said. And she described the hospital I picked her up at as "ghetto".

Read it and weep.

Last edited:

Chicago-uber

....if a riders credit card declines, you have to wait 21 days to get paid and the max is $75?

All of my "pending" (non-paid) rides have been by black riders, except for one. He was Hispanic and arranged a ride for his grandmother to the ghetto. "He's such a nice grandson always insisting I don't take the bus", she said. And she described the hospital I picked her up at as "ghetto".

Read it and weep.
Ugh... Got another one "pending" today. And it was from white guys..

alln

What about fixed $5 rides in DC , where sometimes takes 20 minutes to reach at pickup destination
It's not worth it, otherwise i prefer to work for sidecar because at least they have phone customers service, which Uber and lyft can't afford.

Oh My

What about fixed $5 rides in DC , where sometimes takes 20 minutes to reach at pickup destination
It's not worth it, otherwise i prefer to work for sidecar because at least they have phone customers service, which Uber and lyft can't afford.
On hold for at least 20 minutes with numerous prompts to leave a message and after you opt to continue to hold numerous times, they then prompt you to send an e-mail instead, then disconnect you. I sent an e-mail once and they responded a week later.

Today I got through after about a 15 minute wait.

App signs you out continually, including mid-ride. Sometimes gives audible alert for ride request, usually not. "Server error" messages. Just numeral adresses appear, no street name. Lots of issues.

Last edited: