Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

I would like to find a lawyer to sue uber

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  intrakitt 
#1 ·
Uber took offline claiming my car is salvaged or rebuilt which is a out right lie and I can prove it. I gave them valid documents and they still refuse for me to drive. I only had 72000 miles on the car when I got it one owner with a clean title does anyone know what I can do?

#9 ·
There is a loophole in the licensing laws of a few states whereby someone can take a salvaged/rebuilt vehicle from another state, and get it titled in the state with a clean title - a process known as "title washing".

Read more about it here - https://www.cars.com/articles/2014/09/storm-surge-beware-of-title-washed-cars/

While the probability is that Uber fouled up and took you offline by mistake, it is possible that they may be right and you unknowingly have a salvage vehicle.

#11 ·
I will go against the grain and express some sympathy to the OP's plight, but I won't go against it in regards to finding a lawyer. I'm afraid you can find an attorney for whatever you want if you can pay their hourly rate, but if you want them to work for a cut of the take, there won't be one willing to do this for you as there is nothing in it for them.

#18 ·
If it where just an app you wouldn't have to sign independent contract agreement with them
uuuhh... what?? I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you think you mean. They have NO obligation to allow you to drive for them. They can stop you from using their app anytime they want for any reason. They even have more freedom than an at will termination. Yes, they are a technology company. Do you not see how many lawsuits they have been involved in using this reason? In most states that went up against them, they prevailed. Overtime hours? Tech company that just has an app. Medical insurance? Just a tech company with an app. Mandatory minimum wage? Tech company with an app you simply downloaded and choose to use. I think you need to read the fine print of what you signed up for. It's long, and for a reason. They've lost a few rulings in places (and countries), but your argument is truly an uphill battle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.