• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

'I Wonder What They Are Hiding:' Lyft Drivers Can No Longer See How Much Riders Paid For Each Trip

uberdriverfornow

lol same old Lyft lying through their teeth as if they have ever asked drivers what they want or like

Drivers have said that it’s hard to track how they earn with Lyft so we created a clearer and more comprehensive breakdown of their earnings with the weekly pay statement
lol apparently we want clearer earnings details so that means removing details from earnings lmao

Amos69

I just looked around and I can find no trip earning breakdown. There is a weekly summary available, but I could not source a ride breakdown. This shines a harsh light on the Employer Employee situation. As a PC I would need to know all aspects of costs and expenditures.

Cdub2k

I just looked around and I can find no trip earning breakdown. There is a weekly summary available, but I could not source a ride breakdown. This shines a harsh light on the Employer Employee situation. As a PC I would need to know all aspects of costs and expenditures.
I say this in all seriousness. These are issues that need to be brought to your city hall. I've made this point over and over again. Real Independent contractors know has 100% knowledge of every job they accept. Uber/Lyft should not be allowed to call us IP's but not give us 100% of the info on every Ping before we accept it.

This strikes at the core of the problem. They like to hide in the gray areas. They treat us like employees but they are allowed to call us IP's thanks to our local governments.

father of unicorns

The trip information is still available if you log unto your dashboard via a computer. Do to driver history to begin, then choose a week to view. scroll to the bottom of that page and look at the ride history, it will show your rides per day. Once you choose a day, your rider history will display all rides for that day, and you can view what rider paid, Lyft received and driver pay.

This same information is still available in the app, too.

Last edited:

Taxi2Uber

The trip information is still available if you log unto your dashboard via a computer. Do to driver history to begin, then choose a week to view. scroll to the bottom of that page and look at the ride history, it will show your rides per day. Once you choose a day, your rider history will display all rides for that day, and you can view what rider paid, Lyft received and driver pay.

I don't see what rider paid for each ride, given your steps.
When you download the weekly pay statement, there is a total of what riders paid for all rides for the week, but no breakdown for each individual ride.

father of unicorns

do not download the weekly statement
in the app, go to driving history, the choose a week
scroll to bottom of app and choose ride history
here you will see each ride for that day
choose a ride and you should see the detail, choose view earnings detail

Attachments

Last edited:

lyft_rat

I really would not drive any differently knowing Lyft was jerking around their pax rates. If they touch my rate, I probably quit, though. I only ever had one pax that moaned about the rate. The poor bastard's car broke and he was off to get a loaner from his X.

MiamiKid

Dekero

Congrats on that... Umm your about a week late on this one... Keep up with the tour now kids....
Post automatically merged:

Could care less. Totally, do not see what your concern is. Just drive, make money and stop complaining.

My two cents.
??
Yeah kid this one... Makes you sound bout stupid.. slow way down....

Erin C Banning

As of a few weeks ago, that was no longer the case for me. Rider payment info now completely unavailable -- not a big deal, really, and clearly what Lyft is hiding is that they are (like Uber) increasing prices to riders without changing driver pay. nothing I can do about it, so the info doesn't really matter much, but it was sometimes helpful to know when riders ask how much Lyft was taking of the fare. But even in that case, I'll just tell them now that Lyft takes more than half of the fare (they were already taking close to that, and if they're increasing the Lyft take then I won't be lying :smiles: )

troothequalstroll

“What kind of independent business isn’t allowed to have access to its own business revenues, by its software vendor?”

lmao

just more criminal illegal activity uber lyft committs on a daily basis that the fbi , politicians, labor department wont do anything about because theyre being bribed

#nomoreblankcontracts

at this point they need to be raided, everything seized & the gubmint can turn into a jobs program just taking 10% to cover costs & make a profit while providing anyone over 21 who owns a car a fair legally paying job with regulated rates serving their community

these criminals just trying to hide the fact their stealing 50-90% of fares, i now ask all lyft riders what they were charged during surge times and offer a better off app deal, im sure im not the only one, & on uber since i can see their charging $100-$150+ for the ride and offering me $9-15 lmao i can just ignore & play ghost car during weather or surges while hundreds of requests come in per hour from 10-20+ minutes away letting me know even the stupid drivers arent falling for it anymore

EHZspZFVAAI1vwd.jpg

Amos69

Congrats on that... Umm your about a week late on this one... Keep up with the tour now kids....
Congratulations on your promotion to master of time and dimensions! I hear the last guy met his fate when he accidentally emerged in the middle of a forming star.

Try to avoid that, even though you seem to feel a kinship.

The thread was only 30 minutes new in our timeline.

Conversations on this subject will be admissible in court during the next Class Action.

Carry on everyone.

KK2929

do not download the weekly statement
in the app, go to driving history, the choose a week
scroll to bottom of app and choose ride history
here you will see each ride for that day
choose a ride and you should see the detail, choose view earnings detail
---------------------------------
What you describe is the old way that showed the per trip breakdown. In Los Angeles, what is shown is new and it is the weekly breakdown of earnings and expenses.
To those that state that it does not matter. IMO, yes, it matters a great deal.. There is not other way to monitor how much Lyft is taking from the earnings. I do not wish to follow blindly and never question how much they are deducting from my earnings. This data is important. We may not be able to do much about it now but the day will come.
Lyft and Uber state that they only take 25% of our earnings. We all know that this is a blatant lie and we have the data to prove it.

Last edited:

MiamiKid

“What kind of independent business isn’t allowed to have access to its own business revenues, by its software vendor?”

lmao

just more criminal illegal activity uber lyft committs on a daily basis that the fbi , politicians, labor department wont do anything about because theyre being bribed

#nomoreblankcontracts

at this point they need to be raided, everything seized & the gubmint can turn into a jobs program just taking 10% to cover costs & make a profit while providing anyone over 21 who owns a car a fair legally paying job with regulated rates serving their community

these criminals just trying to hide the fact their stealing 50-90% of fares, i now ask all lyft riders what they were charged during surge times and offer a better off app deal, im sure im not the only one, & on uber since i can see their charging $100-$150+ for the ride and offering me $9-15 lmao i can just ignore & play ghost car during weather or surges while hundreds of requests come in per hour from 10-20+ minutes away letting me know even the stupid drivers arent falling for it anymore

View attachment 369302
What a joke. Not U/L, the whining drivers who cannot stand these companies; however, still driving, and complaining non stop.

No sympathy for them. Move on, unless it's all you can do.

My two cents.
?

KK2929

UPDATE --- Lyft is now showing the ride breakdown BUT there is a lag time of 4-6 days from the end day of the pay week.
The weeks earnings that I looked at ends on Sunday Oct 20. The info for the deductions is not available until Oct 24.
Also, when you click on the pay week that you want to look at, there will be a red box that allows you to view the weekly statement.
Or you can do the same steps as normal but click on VIEW EARNINGS BREAKDOWN and then VIEW YOUR WEEKLY PAY STATEMENT.

Last edited: