Uber Drivers Forum banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts
The outbreaks were created purely because of his government's failure to act and "do the right thing"
We've had some of the harshest lockdowns in Australia from the beginning. What more would you have wanted him to do from the beginning?

Hiring of poorly trained security guards
He didn't hire anyone. His government contracted a company. The company hired guards, all of which have to be licensed. So that's a VicPol ****up if anything.

who did Ubers/taxi rides while being on the job
You are saying that they were both driving and being a security guard at the exact same time? Or that they had two jobs that they did at different times, it's really hard to tell from the way you wrote it.

and allowed hotel guests to go out to 7/11 for coffee and out shopping
Once more. Daniel Andrews is not responsible for the actions of individuals. Is he responsible for when anyone driving an uber does a dodgy slider?

Who's fault was that?
The guards. They make their own choices. Private security is used basically everywhere in our society. Is it a problem everywhere else? State governments use private companies to administer and guard at least some of our prisons, where there are convicted murderers and rapists. What possible reason would they have had to suspect that private security could guard murderers but some returned tourists might post a problem?

You've posted elsewhere that you refuse to wear a mask. Is Daniel Andrews responsible for that choice?

The guards were on visas / some international students who were working for cash
Which has precisely zero to do with anything. Unless they were unlicensed in which case the security company is going to have a lot to answer for. If they were being paid cash under the table, that's the fault of the employer. Immigration and visa compliance is a federal matter, so it's Scott Morrison who's responsible for that if you are going to continue on with your line that it's the person in charge of the government to blame. I assume you hold Scott Morrison personally responsible for every bartender, waitstaff, hotel staff, cleaner and many many other occupations that get paid cash under the table as well?

No one with right morals and respect for their work would endanger the lives of everyone else by acting so irresponsibly
I don't disagree at all. The problem is, it's the guards who are at fault and the company that hired them. That's it.

All blame should go to who authorised these things to happen
Which in any case wouldn't have been Daniel Andrews. It would have been someone far down the chain. You think the authorises every little thing his government does?

People were told they don't have to isolate if they are feeling well
I believe that advice has changed since then. I don't know the date on that because it's so blurry and only a single quote has been highlighted.

Also, if anything, that would seem to be the CHOs fault.

He @@@@ed up in a lot of ways
Expecting anyone to be perfect in such a high pressure situation where things change drastically from day to day is just unrealistic.

So, I had to go out today to get some grocery shopping done. I saw at least 10 people without masks. Is Daniel Andrews to blame for their decisions as well?
Andrews hasn't said a WORD about the outbreaks from these protests
Because there were no linked outbreaks. I believe what you are referring to is that four weeks after they attended the protests, some people tested positive. The timeline just doesn't work. It has a maximum incubation period of two weeks. Those people caught it from another source of transmission.
The protests made people think the pandemic is over and life is back to normal
Not quite. People felt the could attend the protest becuase:
1. People were basically thinking life was back to normal except the pubs weren't open anyway
2. Many were bored and it was something to do
3. Fines weren't going to be handed out. This was a good choice because if you try and fine a 10,000 strong protest, it's gonna turn ugly. Better to keep it peaceful.

My thoughts on the protest and it's timing have been posted several times in other threads.

I'm happy to acknowledge where he's not made the best choices. But it's really easy to do that in hindsight and without being in the hot seat now isn't it.

I mean, you can't seem to figure out how to make $20 an hour gross during lockdown (you've asked me before how it was done when others were saying they were making $4-8 gross). So given that you can't figure out something as simple as that, I can't see how you'd be in any position to be a credible judge of the choices Daniel Andrews and his government have made.

Despite the fact that Victoria's total case numbers are without a doubt very high relative to the rest of Australia, compared to the rest of the world we've gotten away virtually scot free from a helath perspective. It's important to keep some objectivity as well.

Although asking for that on this reactionary forum is probably going a bit far.

Wrong. People @@@@ed it up.

They had house parties. They had protests. They took family days out at shopping centres and Bunnings. They decided to travel further than they should because they wanted to go shopping somewhere in particular but wasn't essential. They refused to socially distance.

The government can only set the tone and set the rules. No matter how much policing we have, it's up to people to do the right thing and obey them.

Which enough of us didn't that now we are in a second lockdown.

Andrews didn't have house parties. Andrews didn't go see his Mum on Mother's Day. Andrews didn't stick his dick in a returned traveller. Andrews didn't tell his employees to not get tested. Andrews didn't test positive and then refuse to self isolate.

The public did all that.

So, you have a choice, put the blame where it belongs which is on the people that didn't take things seriously enough and demand they do better. Or you can have regulations brought in during the State of Emergency that forcibly detains people who have tested positive. Where everyone gets fine with zero discretion no "oh, my mask is just in the car" or whatever other excuse people want to use.

Take your pick, there's not really a third option.
And then there was those uber drivers transporting the spreaders, helping them to take those unnecessary trips when they should have just stayed home on jobkeeper but decided to cheat the system and double dip instead.
They should be arrested and put in solitary confinement for the duration of this pandemic.

And then there was those uber drivers transporting the spreaders, helping them to take those unnecessary trips when they should have just stayed home on jobkeeper but decided to cheat the system and double dip instead.
They should be arrested and put in solitary confinement for the duration of this pandemic.
Can't get jobkeeper if you don't actively drive and you couldn't possibly know your transporting Covid. It's the pax fault if they are sick and go out without telling anyone not the driver. Double dipping lol I'm sure if you were a married security guard

Discussion starter · #66 · (Edited)
We've had some of the harshest lockdowns in Australia from the beginning. What more would you have wanted him to do from the beginning?
We defeated the virus in 1st lockdown. We were COVID free just like every other state as we slowly began to open up.

He ****ed up and is trying to put it on the people for his own mistakes. This isn't about Daniel Andrews, the virus or the lockdown. It is the future generations, your kids and mine that will have to pay for the debt of our country for the next 30 years.

He didn't hire anyone. His government contracted a company. The company hired guards, all of which have to be licensed. So that's a VicPol @@@@up if anything.
All authorised by his government. Who's the premier once again? Daniel Andrews.

You are saying that they were both driving and being a security guard at the exact same time? Or that they had two jobs that they did at different times, it's really hard to tell from the way you wrote it.
Do your research, the guards were driving Ubers while being on 12 hour shifts when they were supposed to be guarding the hotels and making sure guests weren't sneaking out.

Did they do their job? No

Who's fault is that? Daniel Andrews yet again!

Once more. Daniel Andrews is not responsible for the actions of individuals. Is he responsible for when anyone driving an uber does a dodgy slider?
He is responsible for the actions of those who are in charge of a high risk state security matter.

Everyone is to blame, starting with DA

Which has precisely zero to do with anything. Unless they were unlicensed in which case the security company is going to have a lot to answer for. If they were being paid cash under the table, that's the fault of the employer. Immigration and visa compliance is a federal matter, so it's Scott Morrison who's responsible for that if you are going to continue on with your line that it's the person in charge of the government to blame. I assume you hold Scott Morrison personally responsible for every bartender, waitstaff, hotel staff, cleaner and many many other occupations that get paid cash under the table as well?
This was a national security matter, priority #1 - that should have been handed over to better security companies.

The guards were hired via Whatsapp groups and had 5 minute briefings. I have done my research, look around and you'll also uncover what exactly happened, how they were hired, what briefings were given, etc

I believe that advice has changed since then. I don't know the date on that because it's so blurry and only a single quote has been highlighted.
Once again, his government ****ed up. He blames the people for not isolating when those who were tested were told in writing they dont have to isolate if they are feeling well.

How many people was this advice given out to? Tens of thousands

Because there were no linked outbreaks. I believe what you are referring to is that four weeks after they attended the protests, some people tested positive. The timeline just doesn't work. It has a maximum incubation period of two weeks. Those people caught it from another source of transmission.
Oh there were. If you search around you'll find there were cases linked from protesters that attended who live inside public housing towers.

The last thing the Andrews government wants to do is blame BLM protests for the outbreak, next thing he will find is his home on fire

Look what's happening in US when they resisted protesters

Looting, police stations burnt to the ground, cops killed, violence, whole country turned into a war zone.

BLM SJWs will find any reason to **** shit up. We all know that, Daniel Andrews knows that.

He is doing the right thing by not blaming BLM protests. I will give him credit for that!

Your friends in India are dying in droves.
Just the tip of the iceberg.
World's largest and smelliest toilet country will soon become world's largest morgue.
Sad.
There's my fellow aussie, Making us proud again. Come on mate,We've all done this for long now, u've got to be creative in racist rants. Is it asking for too much considering we've been taught to do this since childhood.

The buck passing continues from the looney labor left🤪
The fish rots from the head and Andrews leadership in this fiasco is rotten.
Yeh I blame dodgy Dan for QLD being excluded from the Travel Bubble , formed by WA, NT , SA and what is really embarrassing Tassie doesn't want us either,
Its all Dan's fault just an any Qlder :frown:

People had the same thoughts when condoms were pushed along with a safe sex message decades ago. A lot of people who didn't follow that message are either dead or disease ridden and ain't getting none. Bets of luck mate.
Far more serious than Covid but even the HIV risks were overhyped. Absurd to be comparing the two

Once again Daniel Andrews is trying to take away our last bit of freedom, he avoids journalist questions on his failures with hotel quarantine, and even has the nerve to blame the people of the state for the crisis we're in.

I will NOT wear a mask and nothing can change that. I work from home, workout at home, get my groceries delivered to home and don't drive rideshare anymore( at least until the cases go under 10 per day)

I have no reason to wear a mask, even if I go out for a jog or to the supermarket for something i need - I will not wear one. I would rather get COVID than have my last bit of freedom taken away. No sir! If anyone wants to fight me I will GLADLY take them on 1 v 1 - I'm 6'2 and 240 lbs and not scared of betas who are going to talk shit to me for not wearing a mask. Try me.

Also,

COVID has a 99.6% recovery rate, and those who die are people in their 80s and 90s who are just one bad cough away from dying. These deaths do NOT count.Yes it is tragic old people are dying, but get over it, more people die everyday from other diseases.

Tuberculosis killed 1.5 million people in 2018, where were your masks then?

My point being this is just a disease we need to learn to live with until there is a successful vaccine for it. Stop being sheep and learn to think for yourselves.

The economic damage that has been done is something future generations will have to answer for, and that's not fair on them.

There's around 2500 active cases of COVID in Melbourne, that is less than 0.05% of the Victorian population with COVID and there's hundreds of people recovering everyday from their "symptoms". YOU DON'T SEE THAT ON THE FAKE NEWS!

WAKE UP SHEEP!
I hope you go quickly without spreading to others

We defeated the virus in 1st lockdown
That's obviously not true.

He @@@@ed up and is trying to put it on the people for his own mistake
Oh, so he was the one who stuck his dick in the people in quarantine? Where does he find the time!

Who's the premier once again? Daniel Andrews.
If you think he knew much more about it than getting briefed in a daily meeting about it you are high.

But even if what you are saying is accurate (it isn't), what do you expect to happen?

your kids and mine that will have to pay for the debt of our country for the next 30 years
You are blaming that on him as well? You do realise that JobKeeper and increased jobseeker is what will kickstart the country into recovery don't you?

the guards were driving Ubers while being on 12 hour shifts when they were supposed to be guarding the hotels and making sure guests weren't sneaking out.
You've obviously done the "research" already, why not just link the articles?

Even if true, how is that Daniel Andrews fault?

If you run a red light, is that his fault too?

Who's fault is that?
Pretty sure it's the guards fault that they didn't do their jobs.

He is responsible for the actions of those who are in charge of a high risk state security matter
No. He isn't. He's not responsible for the choices individuals make. I'm not sure you understand what accountability is.

I mean, I get that you don't want to wear a mask but these are some pretty complex justifications.

This was a national security matter,
Wrong again. It's a public health matter. National security is something else entirely.

that should have been handed over to better security companies.
Which ones would you suggest?

look around and you'll also uncover what exactly happened,
How about you just supply the evidence you've uncovered. Or are you afraid that no one respects the Daily Mail?

He blames the people for not isolating when those who were tested were told in writing they dont have to isolate if they are feeling well.
And yet every single person I've met who has been tested, isolated until they got their results.

When was that advice issued and has it been updated? Have you seen the original document? Or just the blurred it one where you can't see if they quote was even in it? I'm not saying it's necessarily fake but source documents are always preferable.

How many people was this advice given out to?
Dunno, but I'm sure you can link me to the evidence.

Oh there were
No there weren't. Nothing until at least a month after, which means it wasn't contracted at the protest. There were three people confirmed to have it while at the protest but were said to be not contagious, and no infections resulted from them.

The last thing the Andrews government wants to do is blame BLM protests for the outbreak
The last thing he wants to do is blame any infections in something that didn't cause any infections.

Look what's happening in US when they resisted protesters
So probably a good idea they kept it peaceful here don't you think?

No need to wear a mask if I have been in isolation since March.
Yeah there is. Because you aren't special and area subject to the same rules as the rest of us.

Hmm you quote @amibrah 's 3 words " oh there were "
not exactly sure where they were said in his/ her's thread But ,
You pull those 3 words apart with a ,
Five line & 1 word reply . :thumbdown: WHY???
You're one sick, very bored puppy .
I should add ,
The point you tried to make , is probably mute to most of us , :unsure: as the context is lost .

The point you tried to make , is probably mute to most of us , :unsure: as the context is lost .
Context is easily found cause you can click on the quote and it takes you to the post and if you are really having trouble you can press Ctrl+F and find the phrase.

And I think you meant that the point is "moot" not "mute".

I mean, if you are going to try and pick apart my language all the time....

Context is easily found cause you can click on the quote and it takes you to the post and if you are really having trouble you can press Ctrl+F and find the phrase.

And I think you meant that the point is "moot" not "mute".

I mean, if you are going to try and pick apart my language all the time....
I'll stick with mute :smiles:

61 - 80 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.