• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I will Never Ever Ever Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoTipForYou

Before stumbling upon this forum, I had no idea that tipping on Uber or Lyft was even a thing. Now, I have found out it is.

I’ve got news for you all as a long term frequent passenger, after reading the rants and ill will towards passenegers so many of you have, I will never ever ever ever ever ever tip any of you. That will keep my life time tipping total of Uber/Lyft drivers to $0.00.

As a passenger, the app gives you a price that the ride costs. That’s what it costs, nothing more and nothing less. Your pay structure isn’t dependent upon tips.

Also, turn on the air conditioning. I’m tired of riding around Southern California with the windows cracked in a stagnant car with an incredibly dirty person who has been driving a car for 8 hours.

The nasty people on this forum must be the ones who have degraded the quality of Uber and Lyft since it began (when it was good).

Now pick me up as agreed upon, take me to my destination as agreed upon, in a car that is clean and comfortable (ac/heat on as appropriate), and be paid the price that was agreed upon (not a cent more and not a cent less).

Last edited:

PlanoGuber

Before stumbling upon this forum, I had no idea that tipping on Uber or Lyft was even a thing. Now, I have found out it is.

I’ve got news for you all as a long term frequent passenger, after reading the rants and ill will towards passenegers so many of you have, I will never ever ever ever ever ever tip any of you. That will keep my life time tipping total of Uber/Lyft drivers to $0.00.

As a passenger, the app gives you a price that the ride costs. That’s what it costs, nothing more and nothing less. Your pay structure isn’t dependent upon tips.

Also, turn on the air conditioning. I’m tired of riding around Southern California with the windows cracked in a stagnant car with an incredibly dirty person who has been driving a car for 8 hours.

The nasty people on this forum must be the ones who have degraded the quality of Uber and Lyft since it began (when it was good).

Now pick me up as agreed upon, take me to my destination as agreed upon, in a car that is clean and comfortable (ac/heat on as appropriate), and be paid the price that was agreed upon (not a cent more and not a cent less).
I bet you'll tip a barista $2 on a shitty $6 cup of coffee or maybe 18%-20% on a California hipster avocado toast, but you won't tip any to the person transporting you at a high rate of speed in a flammable steel container on wheels... Did I get it right?

dryverjohn

Don't worry, you will never be in my car, your low rating lets us know that you are a non tipper and deserve to be placed with the new drivers. They will accept any rider, regardless of their star rating. 1 Star reviews are reserved for all of you and your kind. Enjoy your next ride.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoTipForYou

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I bet you'll tip a barista $2 on a shitty $6 cup of coffee or maybe 18%-20% on a California hipster avocado toast, but you won't tip any to the person transporting you at a high rate of speed in a flammable steel container on wheels... Did I get it right?
Absolutely incorrect. Have also tipped coffee shop employees zero dollars as well.

Waiters and waitresses get 20-25 percent tip based on quality of their service because they are actually paid on tips.

Avocado toast sucks.
Post automatically merged:

I'm jumping in this thread... and I bet you have a crap rating, no drive for you
4.96, thank you next

Don't worry, you will never be in my car, your low rating lets us know that you are a non tipper and deserve to be placed with the new drivers. They will accept any rider, regardless of their star rating. 1 Star reviews are reserved for all of you and your kind of subhuman, entitled, shit bags. Enjoy your next ride and may the stench of cigarettes and farts fill your cabin.
4.96. Thank you, next.

1.5xorbust

You’re probably a pool rider. Should take you about a month to have a rating of 3.5 and you won’t have to worry about riding in a stagnant car. No drivers will pick you up as you will be shuffled.

NoTipForYou

You’re probably a pool rider. Should take you about a month to have a rating of 3.5 and you won’t have to worry about riding in a stagnant car. No drivers will pick you up as you will be shuffled.
Incorrect. I don’t feel like being inconvenienced by other passenegers stops. I pay full fare and often black car. I pay high prices, am happy to pay what’s agreed upon in advance.

OrlUberOffDriver

Absolutely incorrect. Have also tipped coffee shop employees zero dollars as well.

Waiters and waitresses get 20-25 percent tip based on quality of their service because they are actually paid on tips.

Avocado toast sucks.

4.96, thank you next

4.96. Thank you, next.
Post a screenshot! Trust, but verify!

dryverjohn

Avocado toast sucks.

4.96, thank you next

4.96. Thank you, next.
Not for long. It's nice to know that your feeling of low self worth can be validated on this forum. It is certainly less expensive than that weekly trip to the Psychologist. Yes, you are worthless, you are not liked, your feeling of self importance is hidden in your inability to treat people with dignity. Your relationships don't turn out too well, when you look in the mirror, you have a scowl. I can spot you a mile away and your rides will never be pleasant.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoTipForYou

Update guys... I just took an Uber to lax from manhattan beach.

Ride is like 2 miles. Tip amount.... ZERO POINT ZERO ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmn

Before stumbling upon this forum, I had no idea that tipping on Uber or Lyft was even a thing. Now, I have found out it is
You never saw the option in the app after the ride was completed?
Interesting generalization. I'm sure you had this experience, but if it was the norm those drivers' ratings would have dropped below 4.6 and they would have been deactivated.

NoTipForYou

Did you make sure you didn’t leave anything in the car? Lots of times pax stuff just disappears.
I do not leave things in the cars. However, in no way does it surprise me that it would “disappear.” I’m well aware I’m catching rides from otherwise unemployable individuals.

I_Like_Spam

Asking to have the A/C put on is a bit much if you aren't tipping. A/C really increases the amount of gasoline a vehicle uses and gas ain't cheap in California.

Status
Not open for further replies.