• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I will make most drivers mad with this......

The_Solo

I will start with a preemptive apology. Sorry everyone. I am someone who accepts almost all rides, regardless of a pax rating, except long pickups and minors.
So I rate ALL passengers 5 stars for a couple reasons.
1) I simply honestly don’t care because a ratings means nothing for a passenger

Now the reason you will all hate me
2) because if I downrate them all the drivers who cherry pick rides are going to skip over said pax and it’s gonna be taken by someone else who accepts all or it’s gonna end up back at me. So I just give them all 5 stars and you cherry pickers see the rating and take that pax. That is 1 more ride that keeps you busy and allows me to try and find a better pax who just might tip or be profitable. I want that crappy pax to get a ride by as many different people as possible. That way your busy driving someone who isn’t the good pax I will get hopefully

Cableguynoe

I will start with a preemptive apology. Sorry everyone. I am someone who accepts almost all rides, regardless of a pax rating, except long pickups and minors.

2) because if I downrate them all the drivers who cherry pick rides are going to skip over said pax and it’s gonna be taken by someone else who accepts all or it’s gonna end up back at me. So I just give them all 5 stars and you cherry pickers see the rating and take that pax. That is 1 more ride that keeps you busy and allows me to try and find a better pax who just might tip or be profitable. I want that crappy pax to get a ride by as many different people as possible. That way your busy driving someone who isn’t the good pax I will get hopefully
Oh no.
You have brought all drivers to their knees with your brilliant strategy.

Fozzie

The only thing you accomplished was getting added to my ignore list. No hard feeling, though. I add all new trolls and sock puppet accounts to ignore.

welikecamping

You should care, because the passenger rating means everything to the driver - that is the drivers that care. I'm curious, though. Just how long will you wait for a passenger to decide they are ready for the ride?

ANTlifebaby

You have to work pretty hard not to get five stars from me too to be honest. But I have found 90% of my pax to be pleasant or neutral--you tend to get what you give in this job. I think I have about 2500 rides on both platforms and have given out maybe 20 1-stars (this is reserved for open alcohol, touching me, touching my radio, cursing at me or just being a crazy idiot, anything to do with drugs, etc.), 20 3-stars (reserved for eating, leaving trash, being angrily political or opinionated and just boring me, etc.), and maybe 10 4-stars (this is reserved more to correct behavior like keeping me waiting at a rideshare pickup and calling trying to find me). And I drive in Chicago all over the city, so, yeah, I guess it really depends on your personality.

I also only drive during days so that probably has a lot to do with it. I can go a month without having a drunk in my car.

welikecamping

I drive days too. I started giving out 2,3,4 stars for various perceived offenses, but then I decided it's not worth the effort to nitpick. If someone does something to trigger me into giving them less than 5 stars, then it's one star and I go on with life. It's not worth worrying about what happens to the passenger that get's downrated. I do, however, watch passenger ratings and I will cancel for a low rating. I don't care about debating why, I just do it. I make my money, I take care of good people, I don't want to bother with anyone else.

The_Solo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You should care, because the passenger rating means everything to the driver - that is the drivers that care. I'm curious, though. Just how long will you wait for a passenger to decide they are ready for the ride?
The timer. 2 minutes for a pool. 5 minutes for a Uberx. Don’t get me wrong i think a pax should be toes to curb. I think pax shouldn’t be cheap and they should tip. I start fuming inside the longer I have to wait and I freaking hate when a pax gets in close to timer running out apologizes for making me wait and doesn’t tip. They ain’t sorry. They don’t care about us and I know this. End of the day I don’t care about them either. I just hope for the good rides and the tips. LOL /sigh
Post automatically merged:

The only thing you accomplished was getting added to my ignore list. No hard feeling, though. I add all new trolls and sock puppet accounts to ignore.
That sucks but I’m not a troll. New account with my screwed up opinions I agree too. But you know overall ignoring someone has same effect as downrating someone. MEH! If gives that person at that moment that warm fozzy feeling inside (see what I did there)
If ratings affected passangers in the long run and could actually get them removed I would downrate honestly for bad pax behavior. I hate pool pax that talk on the phone with a full car who don’t think of others. But why care. In my market it’s over saturated and I’ve only ever seen the same pax like twice. It doesn’t affect me. It doesn’t matter

Last edited:

Zaarc

You have to work pretty hard not to get five stars from me too to be honest. But I have found 90% of my pax to be pleasant or neutral--you tend to get what you give in this job. I think I have about 2500 rides on both platforms and have given out maybe 20 1-stars (this is reserved for open alcohol, touching me, touching my radio, cursing at me or just being a crazy idiot, anything to do with drugs, etc.), 20 3-stars (reserved for eating, leaving trash, being angrily political or opinionated and just boring me, etc.), and maybe 10 4-stars (this is reserved more to correct behavior like keeping me waiting at a rideshare pickup and calling trying to find me). And I drive in Chicago all over the city, so, yeah, I guess it really depends on your personality.

I also only drive during days so that probably has a lot to do with it. I can go a month without having a drunk in my car.
That sounds like a pretty good rating system. I have been wondering the best way to decide on these things and you give a good guideline. Thanks.

I drive days too. I started giving out 2,3,4 stars for various perceived offenses, but then I decided it's not worth the effort to nitpick. If someone does something to trigger me into giving them less than 5 stars, then it's one star and I go on with life. It's not worth worrying about what happens to the passenger that get's downrated. I do, however, watch passenger ratings and I will cancel for a low rating. I don't care about debating why, I just do it. I make my money, I take care of good people, I don't want to bother with anyone else.
Where do you draw the line. How low of a rating does a potential pax have to have in order to be declined?

hayjude50

It’s really tough to know if a pax is gonna tip before you have to rate him/her. At least with Lyft you can go. In later and change a rating. Plus, in Chicago, you can’t see a pax rating anyway, so not much incentive.

Taxi2Uber

This makes no sense.
So what you rate is not important, but what other drivers rate is important?

Either you don't worry about ratings("it's not worth the effort to nitpick") and take all riders,
OR,
ratings matter ("I do, however, watch passenger ratings"), and rate riders honestly.

welikecamping

what is the difference between 1 and 3 stars? Anything three and under, I don't get paired, so why should it matter? Anyway, if I led you to believe that rating passengers is not important, I"m sorry, that was unintended.

TheDevilisaParttimer

You do know 4.2 pax gets ingnored by 23 drivers before he gets to you right.

The_Solo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
it Doesn’t matter I make the same amount from the 4.2 that I make from a 4.5 that I make from a 4.9 or a 5.0. The only difference is who tips and that is no one. But hey they give me 5 stars (stars mean jack squat) I just want to stay busy on the ride. I give bad passangers 5 stars and then those 23 people you speak of don’t skip them anymore.