I Was There Seconds After It Happened

Carbuncle

I’ve seen a handful of dead bodies in my life and watched a couple people die right in front of me but this was by far the most grotesque and mangled dead body I’ve seen to date. I passed the corpse within a single lane and this was before sirens were even audible. Rider in my car almost vomited.
The only thing that kept this guy's limbs from being scattered all over the freeway were his leathers.
Don’t ride motorcycles in cities.

Korean Ant

I’ve seen a handful of dead bodies in my life and watched a couple people die right in front of me but this was by far the most grotesque and mangled dead body I’ve seen to date. I passed the corpse within a single lane and this was before sirens were even audible. Rider in my car almost vomited.
The only thing that kept this guy's limbs from being scattered all over the freeway were his leathers.

RIP

Fisfis

Was he run over by a truck? The worse thing about motorcycle accidents is usually there’s no witnesses. Everything happens so quickly.

Carbuncle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Was he run over by a truck? The worse thing about motorcycle accidents is usually there’s no witnesses. Everything happens so quickly.
Looked like he got rolled by more than one vehicle. There were other bikers standing around him. His bike was destroyed with parts of it on fire scattered around. He looked more like a soldier killed in combat.

Fisfis

On the 405? There has to be alot of witnesses.
Most of those witnesses usually know what happened but don’t know how it happened. You see a motorcycle getting hit by multiple cars but you don’t know if lost control or touched by a car and started spinning or chewn out by a truck. Tough to see if there’s no congestion unless it happens right in front of you.

Carbuncle

Most of those witnesses usually know what happened but don’t know how it happened. You see a motorcycle getting hit by multiple cars but you don’t know if lost control or touched by a car and started spinning or chewn out by a truck. Tough to see if there’s no congestion unless it happens right in front of you.
This is at the bottom of the grade heading south just a mile above the 10. Bikers are notorious for hitting this stretch hard.

According to police he was at fault. He swerved out of the HOV lane and slammed right into the back of an SUV.

Last edited:

LuberMeUp

I unfortunately drove past this too roughly few minute after it happen. Didnt see what happen but news clip says he swerved out the carpool lane and hit the suv....some of these bikers make some crazy brave moves. Like it was said , his body was mangled. Seems he was with friends since many other bikers stoodby. The Idiots in a fancy range rover behind were me taking pictures. I hope they dont post it on their social media. If you ride motorcycle, be careful and obey the street laws.

Fisfis

I unfortunately drove past this too roughly few minute after it happen. Didnt see what happen but news clip says he swerved out the carpool lane and hit the suv....some of these bikers make some crazy brave moves. Like it was said , his body was mangled. Seems he was with friends since many other bikers stoodby. The Idiots in a fancy range rover behind were me taking pictures. I hope they dont post it on their social media. If you ride motorcycle, be careful and obey the street laws.
All it takes is one second of carelessness when driving a motorcycle.

Carbuncle

We came up on it at about the same time then.

Korean Ant

Usually when there is a bike on the fwy or local in an accident. They stop by n do one of these...
RTS1EOE8-e1508266375658-1024x682.jpg

Sort of like other cars stop to help out.
Bikers help out bikers...it could of been them so it hits them harder...

LA_Rides

Stop riding 20 years ago. I still have my license.

I can tell you this much that a lot of young motorcycle riders are reckless and disrespectful to motorists.

For one there is no requirements for a motorist to have to drive and stay on the right side of the room laying all the time.

It’s more of a common courtesy but not a requirement. A lot of these motorcyclist start revving their engines and making it seem that you have to move out of the way no.

Motorcycles are required to safely maneuver around cars if they’re splitting lanes not to read the range in and make cars moved to the side for them like they do.

Also all the weaving in and out of cars is very dangerous as well without signaling. Not to say that this is what happened in this guys situation.

All motorcycles need to abide by the same laws as everybody else nothing special because they’re on a bike.
Post automatically merged:

I meant right side of lane.

Looked like he got rolled by more than one vehicle. There were other bikers standing around him. His bike was destroyed with parts of it on fire scattered around. He looked more like a soldier killed in combat.

I sure it’s a wake up call to all the other Motorcycle riders that the must respect the road and the other motorists.

Not saying this was his cause of death no. But I can tell you most of these young riders are out of control on the streets.

Rip !!

DollarFree

On the 405? There has to be alot of witnesses.
And dashcams.

I can tell you this much that a lot of young motorcycle riders are reckless and disrespectful to motorists.

For one there is no requirements for a motorist to have to drive and stay on the right side of the room laying all the time.

It’s more of a common courtesy but not a requirement. A lot of these motorcyclist start revving their engines and making it seem that you have to move out of the way no.

Motorcycles are required to safely maneuver around cars if they’re splitting lanes not to read the range in and make cars moved to the side for them like they do.

Also all the weaving in and out of cars is very dangerous as well without signaling. Not to say that this is what happened in this guys situation.

All motorcycles need to abide by the same laws as everybody else nothing special because they’re on a bike.

I sure it’s a wake up call to all the other Motorcycle riders that the must respect the road and the other motorists.

Not saying this was his cause of death no. But I can tell you most of these young riders are out of control on the streets.

Rip !!
The change in the lane splitting law was crazy, seems like one of those overly effective lobby group things rather than sane public policy.
I’ve noticed over the years a lot of City/State guys are in bike clubs, from Sheriff & Police to Building Depts - they don’t just network by playing Golf. That hidden pressure group backed with motorcycle company money was probably part of what got this crazy change made.

Last edited:

Aerodrifting

I always wondered when this would happen as I got passed by all those motorcycles on the freeway, Some pulling dangerous maneuvers like changing multiple lanes rapidly without using signal at rush hours when there were smaller gaps between cars. Stupidity can not be cured.

Carbuncle

Rip !!
My father (pictured) was nearly killed on his Hog right after I was born. Notice the facial disfigurement. He was going 100mph. Hit a tree head first. Only reason he survived was the cushion he got from a bunch of bushes before impact.

Attachments

Darth Vuber

I was on the 405S at the time. Did not see it though.
You would have had to be merging in from Lakewood Blvd on ramp to 405 s to see it, she was in far right lane, I had to merge into 3 rd lane over as cop had second lane blocked. She was on the overpass, we were slow going by. It was sad.