I was ordering a Lyft earlier.....

MuhKayRuh

And saw the rates....

What the @@@@!? Are Line rates through the roof right now???

I used to be a driver- so I wanted to share this on here. I didn't do much research before posting this to see if anyone mentioned it so I apologize in advance

Attachments

• IMG_9001.PNG
    IMG_9001.PNG
    86.3 KB · Views: 119

Freebyrdie

And saw the rates....

What the @@@@!? Are Line rates through the roof right now???

I used to be a driver- so I wanted to share this on here. I didn't do much research before posting this to see if anyone mentioned it so I apologize in advance

I remember you. Yeah so......prolly in the time since you have been gone Uber and Lyft started this new thing. Up front pricing. The rates they charge are now based upon some unknown variables such as zip code where ride is ordered or going to, basically they are charging what they think a rider will pay. They have given themselves a big fat raise. At the same time drivers still get paid the same time and mileage and had to sign off on a new TOS. On many rides Uber/Lyft make way more then we do. Don't really see surge for drivers anymore...but riders are paying it with upfront pricing.

MuhKayRuh

I remember you. Yeah so......prolly in the time since you have been gone Uber and Lyft started this new thing. Up front pricing. The rates they charge are now based upon some unknown variables such as zip code where ride is ordered or going to, basically they are charging what they think a rider will pay. They have given themselves a big fat raise. At the same time drivers still get paid the same time and mileage and had to sign off on a new TOS. On many rides Uber/Lyft make way more then we do. Don't really see surge for drivers anymore...but riders are paying it with upfront pricing.

I think it's insane that a Line ride was only $4 vs Lyft $15. My god. I always check in on this forum and read what's going on. I miss driving but at the same time it sounds like things have gotten worse

bsliv

If I buy something at the asking price, am still a jerk? Maybe the issue should be with the driver who accepted the ride and not the poor rider.

Uber Steve LV

If I buy something at the asking price, am still a jerk? Maybe the issue should be with the driver who accepted the ride and not the poor rider.
That's right, the driver knows exactly what you're paying when he accepts the ride. My bad, it was on the last update right? Destination and expected pay, right there on the acceptance ping. You probably buy day old bread and brown bananas just to save money, but you tip the bagger. You're a joke.

bsliv

That's right, the driver knows exactly what you're paying when he accepts the ride. My bad, it was on the last update right? Destination and expected pay, right there on the acceptance ping. You probably buy day old bread and brown bananas just to save money, but you tip the bagger. You're a joke.

Thanks for staying on topic and no personal attacks. That shows class.

If someone asks $1 for a product, they obviously want to sell that product. If I buy that product for $1, everyone should be happy. If you don't want to sell something, don't offer it for sale.

If the grocery store is offering day old bread at a discount, I'll bet they want to sell it. I'll bet the bagger isn't expecting a tip either.

If someone is offering Line rides, they should expect to get a Line rider.

If the day old bread sold at a 75% discount and it served my needs, it would be less than wise to spend more.

Last edited:

Uber Steve LV

Ok, I got it now, you're just cheap. You're the same rider that keeps saying 5 stars, I'll tip on app then never does. Got it, enjoy your moldy bread. :eek:

bsliv

Tell me you would pay $15 for a product when a $4 product fits your needs?

I consider myself frugal. I consider that smart.

Freebyrdie

I buy brown bananas because I don't like waiting for yellow bananas to brown(freckle) so I can eat them. Unripe naners are hard to digest.

UberDriverLV

Thanks for staying on topic and no personal attacks. That shows class.

If someone asks $1 for a product, they obviously want to sell that product. If I buy that product for $1, everyone should be happy. If you don't want to sell something, don't offer it for sale.

If the grocery store is offering day old bread at a discount, I'll bet they want to sell it. I'll bet the bagger isn't expecting a tip either.

If someone is offering Line rides, they should expect to get a Line rider.

If the day old bread sold at a 75% discount and it served my needs, it would be less than wise to spend more.
And that is why I don't offer Line rides

MuhKayRuh

Well the ride wasn't for me, it was for someone else so I did a normal Lyft anyways.. gave 5 stars a tip.

Not gonna lie, second time I request that same exact ride and it was $6 for a Line and $17 for a normal Lyft so I requested the Line. Gave a $9 tip tho. I still feel like an ass for requesting a Line ride- but I can't afford it right now. ☹️

Luckycabby

Well the ride wasn't for me, it was for someone else so I did a normal Lyft anyways.. gave 5 stars a tip.

Not gonna lie, second time I request that same exact ride and it was $6 for a Line and $17 for a normal Lyft so I requested the Line. Gave a $9 tip tho. I still feel like an ass for requesting a Line ride- but I can't afford it right now. ☹️
Really? do you feel like an ass for not buying a Tesla instead of the car you have?