I was deactivated for false complaints

UberChiefPIT

I never thought I would see the day we would have to defend a 4.85 rating. I will give you the math one last time. 2.5 rating = 50%, 4.85 rating = 97%, your 4.97 rating = 99%. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back for reaching 99% vs. 97%. Since you didn't get the perfect 5 did you piss off the .3% of customers? No because people will down vote for anything they see fit. This is just plain silly talk. No veteran driver would make such foolish claims.
It’s pretty simple: I do absolutely nothing but clean my car, and say nothing to my pax except “hello, how are you today?”, and maintain a 4.97.

A trained-to-Drive monkey could do this.

4.85 means you are doing something on a regular basis enough that makes your pax want to take the extra effort to down rate you. Defend it all you want, but 4.85 means you’re either a terrible driver, your car is filthy, you smell terrible, you’re creepy with your conversation, your music is obnoxious, your car is in serious disrepair, or you’re mean to your pax.

I can’t help you solve any of those. It’s up to you and anyone else who’s a 4.85 to suck it up and figure it out for yourselves.

MichaelMax

In any other profession, a 4.85 out of a possible 5 from 5000 customers would be terrific. A product on Amazon with 5000 reviews with 4.85 stars out of 5 would be terrific but impossible.
Uber drivers are just super duper holier people held to a much higher standard than ANY lesser humans in any other profession.
"Were are the Champions, of the world"

Terri Lee

I was deactivated for false complaints
That makes you a member of a very large club.

When it happened to me I didn't give it a second thought. Continued with Lyft.

There's no union, there is no court. Get over it.

dmoney155

Right at midnight I was permanently deactivated and not allowed it to appeal of for some long list of complaints that I never got told about
Yeah and all sudden I am done I've done 5000 fares 4.85 driver and I've only been driving for 2 years anyone can help me with this somebody told me it's a glitch
Show em picture from one of the Christian Children Funds, and tell em these kids will not eat anymore because of the deactivation... Works for me every time... also same can be used on pax to generate insane tips $$$$$.

JPaiva

So you make around $3,000 a month. or around 750 a week. Thats around 18.75 an hour on a 40 hour work week. without counting benefits. 37.500 a year without benefits.

That is below poverty level. Now I do understand that the other 50% works in your life and I do not discount that,

but Your options are limited, and your response shows you do not have any idea what you are actually doing.

Good luck moving forward. I hope it's a glitch for your sake, but if it's not what is your plan.

No don't tell me, I do not care. Just make one!
below poverty level??? how many kids do YOU have? Poverty level here is roughly 11k/yr single residence. 36k/yr is 300% poverty.... Fastfood is fighting for $15/hr, or roughly 32k/yr. Why anyone start a nation-wide movement to achieve poverty wages. Your response shows you have zero clue of income levels across the country. Some people just shouldn't comment on this forum

Amos69

below poverty level??? how many kids do YOU have? Poverty level here is roughly 11k/yr single residence. 36k/yr is 300% poverty.... Fastfood is fighting for $15/hr, or roughly 32k/yr. Why anyone start a nation-wide movement to achieve poverty wages. Your response shows you have zero clue of income levels across the country. Some people just shouldn't comment on this forum
In Washington state $32,000 a year will let you subsist 150 miles away from Seattle.

I have five children, all five graduated college and have solid lives they are building.

Nats121

In any other profession, a 4.85 out of a possible 5 from 5000 customers would be terrific. A product on Amazon with 5000 reviews with 4.85 stars out of 5 would be terrific but impossible.
Uber drivers are just super duper holier people held to a much higher standard than ANY lesser humans in any other profession.
"Were are the Champions, of the world"
In most markets 4.60 is the minimum rating. In some markets it may be less than that.

Uber uses their corrupt ratings system as a weapon of intimidation against the drivers for the purpose of pushing the drivers into doing things that go against their own best interests... and it works like a charm for Uber.

That's how Uber gets drivers to wait at drive-thrus for 7 cents per minute at 2am. Many if not most drivers are too afraid to say NO to pax for fear of getting 1-star ratings that can really drag down most drivers' overall rating.

An additional benefit for Uber is that ratings can be used to disunite drivers and get them to turn on each other instead of the shitty company that exploits them.

Look at some of the asinine insults being hurled at a driver with a 4.85 rating... "anti social, "creepy" , "terrible driver", etc.

UberChiefPIT

In most markets 4.60 is the minimum rating. In some markets it may be less than that.

Uber uses their corrupt ratings system as a weapon of intimidation against the drivers for the purpose of pushing the drivers into doing things that go against their own best interests... and it works like a charm for Uber.

That's how Uber gets drivers to wait at drive-thrus for 7 cents per minute at 2am. Many if not most drivers are too afraid to say NO to pax for fear of getting 1-star ratings that can really drag down most drivers' overall rating.

An additional benefit for Uber is that ratings can be used to disunite drivers and get them to turn on each other instead of the shitty company that exploits them.

Look at some of the asinine insults being hurled at a driver with a 4.85 rating... "anti social, "creepy" , "terrible driver", etc.
Umadbro. If you’re insulted by logical reasons for why you’d get rated consistently enough to not maintain a 4.9or higher, then that explains why you simply can’t do it.

It’s so easy to do, you have to work at not doing it.

Nats121

Umadbro. If you’re insulted by logical reasons for why you’d get rated consistently enough to not maintain a 4.9or higher, then that explains why you simply can’t do it.

It’s so easy to do, you have to work at not doing it.
My rating is a 4.91. I know it doesn't meet your lofty standards but to quote you, I don't care.

You've got to be more original than dragging out the very tired "monkey" comment. The shills and Uber apologists have overused that comment to death. It's a feeble attempt to justify Uber paying their drivers 1970s taxi rates.

Your comments and the disparaging way you said "I even drive in the hoods" makes me believe you don't drive in any hoods.

TheDevilisaParttimer

Idk I have a 4.88 and I've cussed out a rider or two, refuse drive thru windows, pull off on people that take more than 3-5 mins at a stop, shuffle then accept your new ping on top of cancel fee, etc.

With that being said I don't think a 4.85 is bad personally but it definitely isn't a indicator of the best customer service skills.

Oh and if you look closely you will notice I haven't reached 500 ratings either.

Screenshot_20200803-070045_Uber Driver.jpg

UberChiefPIT

My rating is a 4.91. I know it doesn't meet your lofty standards but to quote you, I don't care.

You've got to be more original than dragging out the very tired "monkey" comment. The shills and Uber apologists have overused that comment to death. It's a feeble attempt to justify Uber paying their drivers 1970s taxi rates.

Your comments and the disparaging way you said "I even drive in the hoods" makes me believe you don't drive in any hoods.
You’re so cranky man lol

Taking it way too personal.

WNYuber

The pain only lasts for about a week, then you will realize that being deactivated was the greatest thing that ever happened to u.
EVERYTHING happens for a reason, embrace it.

Post automatically merged:

It could also be that u share your name with a bird(The Quail) that has a characteristic of WET MY LIPS(see below). Many bird loving Uber drivers may find that offensive.
"The common quail, or European quail, is a small ground-nesting game bird in the pheasant family Phasianidae. Coturnix is the Latin for this species. With its characteristic call of "wet my lips", this species of quail is more often heard than seen
."
1596462444877.png

Last edited:

June132017

People put alot of their time and effort into rideshare. They also invest thousands into a rideshare vehicle. Then boom deactivated. I've been sidelined by Uber once and couldn't make any money if I wanted to. Then next day I got a $150 bonus and reactivated. I bet they don't do that anymore.

Bon Jovi

They won't tell me what I did wrong all they did was deactivate me no reason
And maintaining a high rating while doing bar rush is not easy

I'm trying to get the arbitration process done so that I can find out exactly what happened so I can Sue whoever this was for Defamation

If you can give me the name of a law firm acting deal what the arbitration process that would be helpful
No lawyer will touch your case. There is nothing in it for them, unless you want to foot the huge bill.

Nature Lover

Right at midnight I was permanently deactivated and not allowed it to appeal of for some long list of complaints that I never got told about
Yeah and all sudden I am done I've done 5000 fares 4.85 driver and I've only been driving for 2 years anyone can help me with this somebody told me it's a glitch
Keep calling/emailing them. Or if there is an Uber hub close to you, give them a visit. They should reactivate you if you didn't face deactivations before. Good luck!