• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I want to drive for Uber. Need Advice. INSURANCE Issue

Mike Pags

Hi. First post here.

I work full time, make decent money, have a family at home but looking to make some extra cash on some days off from my full time job.

I have been wanting to drive for UBER for a while now. I have decided to go ahead but hit a massive roadblock. I starting going through the sign up process. Scanning documents etc. I read the Terms and Conditions and realized I am required to give full disclosure to my insurance company. (State Farm). My current insurance rates are great and don't want to mess anything up.

I'm not taking any chances with my insurance so I called them to ask what their stance was. They flat out said that they would cancel my insurance if i started driving for UBER. I read the FSCO agreement with Intact and assumed I would be ok with the Intact coverage when the driver app is on. This is still not OK with State Farm.

So tomorrow I am going to see a broker to see what my monthly cost would be to to switch to a Uber agreed company. My current premium on the vehicle i want to use is $140 per month. Its a 2014 VW Tiguan. I only plan on driver 2-4 days a month in the York Region area.

Is it worth the hassle? Can anyone recommend a company??. What are the uber insurance rates going for?

Any advice is welcome and thank you in advance.

MP.

Xiko62

Hi. First post here.

I work full time, make decent money, have a family at home but looking to make some extra cash on some days off from my full time job.

I have been wanting to drive for UBER for a while now. I have decided to go ahead but hit a massive roadblock. I starting going through the sign up process. Scanning documents etc. I read the Terms and Conditions and realized I am required to give full disclosure to my insurance company. (State Farm). My current insurance rates are great and don't want to mess anything up.

I'm not taking any chances with my insurance so I called them to ask what their stance was. They flat out said that they would cancel my insurance if i started driving for UBER. I read the FSCO agreement with Intact and assumed I would be ok with the Intact coverage when the driver app is on. This is still not OK with State Farm.

So tomorrow I am going to see a broker to see what my monthly cost would be to to switch to a Uber agreed company. My current premium on the vehicle i want to use is $140 per month. Its a 2014 VW Tiguan. I only plan on driver 2-4 days a month in the York Region area.

Is it worth the hassle? Can anyone recommend a company??. What are the uber insurance rates going for?

MP.
I was with Aviva, and had to pay one month penalty to cancel my policy in order to switch to Intact which offers free coverage

UberTorontoNewbie

Well if you talk to your insurance that you want to drive for uber and since they can't cover that risk so they are obligated to cancel it without penalty

uberfast

Hey there. Recently I changed my insurance company, not only is that a huge boulder off my chest because I am legal now, I save $600 per year. If you want me to hook you up with my broker send me a line. Unlimited KMs and hours while driving for uber. I'm insured to the tits with endorsements and all the good stuff.

uberfast

Hi. First post here.

MP.
BTW. If you think State Farm gives good rates you will be pleasantly surprised with my broker. State Farm is the most expensive insurer.

Uberchampion

Hi. First post here.

MP.
Hey MP

Welcome to the forum.

Just a heads up....it's been harder and harder to make money with Uber over the past few months. Keep that in mind if your insurance quotes come back high.

Best of luck.

ryan137

Was with Chubb, they gave the same response about cancelling the policy. Switched to Intact, paying 50 more per month but also signed up for their My Driving Discount program that can save up to 25% at next renewal so that should get me back down to what I was paying previously.

uberfast

Everybody private message uberfast. Will get you discount on your premium. Also I'll be making money from you. This offer is valid until I want it to be. My broker is on my payroll.

Mike Pags

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey

Thanks for your input. I have been speaking with different brokers trying to get a good rate. Looks like Intact is offering me a decent rate. Still not cheaper than State Farm. After all the policy changes I'm paying $31 extra per month So not bad. Just gonna get hit hard with a cancellation fee.

Being a not so active uber driver i'm trying to figure out how much I have to work to make up the $31 to then start making some money.

How many fares would I have to do to make roughly $31? Any input is appreciated.

MP

Harry70

Hey

Thanks for your input. I have been speaking with different brokers trying to get a good rate. Looks like Intact is offering me a decent rate. Still not cheaper than State Farm. After all the policy changes I'm paying $31 extra per month So not bad. Just gonna get hit hard with a cancellation fee.

Being a not so active uber driver i'm trying to figure out how much I have to work to make up the $31 to then start making some money.

How many fares would I have to do to make roughly $31? Any input is appreciated.

MP
8 pool rid3s

circle1

Everybody private message uberfast. Will get you discount on your premium. Also I'll be making money from you. This offer is valid until I want it to be. My broker is on my payroll.
U.S. policy writing, or is this Canada only?