I want a Tesla Sooo Bad ...

OldBay

FWIW I have over 4500 rides in an all-electric Chevy Bolt - it's not a Tesla, but has many of the same benefits. Mine is recharging as I write for $0.025 per mile driven.

Used hybrid is 200% better choice than an EV.

Only new(ish) EV have the range for rideshare. So ppl using EV are paying the steepest part of the depreciation curve. Those Bolts aren't cheap. You bought it new, didn't you?

Having a ton of money tied up in a car that could be totalled tomorrow with the hope that it will go 200-300K miles is lunacy. It gets totalled tomorrow, the ins. company writes you a check for half what you paid. At that point your losses are locked in. Game over.

A hybrid that gets 40+mpg will only spend 5K in gas over 100K miles. There are tons of used hybrids that can achieve this feat.

Spending 30K+ for a newish EV so that you can save 5K in gas over 100K miles (probably half that when electricity is factored in) is "doing it wrong".

dauction

FWIW I have over 4500 rides in an all-electric Chevy Bolt - it's not a Tesla, but has many of the same benefits. Mine is recharging as I write for $0.025 per mile driven.

Ummm I didnt realize how low the prices have fallen on the Bolt ...I COULD do that for for a year or 2 before a Tesla .. 238 Mile range ..

1581886942501.png

How do you like yours ....any chance you have heated seats /steering wheel ?

Immoralized

Ummm I didnt realize how low the prices have fallen on the Bolt ...I COULD do that for for a year or 2 before a Tesla .. 238 Mile range ..

View attachment 417003

How do you like yours ....any chance you have heated seats /steering wheel ?
Just stay with ur hybrid until you can afford a telsa. otherwise you'll be back in the same situation a week later and 20 grand down and even further away from that telsa.

Side upgrades are just a waste of $$$. You'll be looking at a Prius next and be going it sorta like a telsa too!

Last edited:

The queen 👸

I thought I would control my emotions, think rational and consider a Nissan Leaf ..
I thought maybe some youtube videos of a the New Leaf might my satisfy my need for a full EV....

uggggg ugggg ugggg I cant do it ...

I have to have a Tesla … I need this fix really bad man … one Tesla and I'll do your grandma ...once a week for a year ...
View attachment 416618

View attachment 416616
If you can afford it go for it. I have 3 family members driving Tesla and one of my friend does Uber with her Tesla suv . Only when her kids are in school . She start at 7 and she is back home at 3 pm.

tohunt4me

Lighten up Guys, I know a Tesla isn't practical "yet" ...stupid insurance.

My Second Choice ...ALSO NOT PRACTICAL ... I want a Weiner Mobile sooo Bad...

View attachment 416686

Totally awesome driving Bar rush in my College Town …10 College Chicks ...all strapped on the weiner flashing their breasts as I'm driving downtown ...:smiles:

Of course I'm old , so it's only fun for one night , from then on it would not only NOT be practical but the girls would all becoming annoying very quick
Just tell passengers to " look for the Big Weinie" !

2starDriver

Have you ever refused a long ride due to current low range?
Post automatically merged:

She does Tesla SUV ..wow.. that would be the Model X .. 100k ..

who are you ..REALLY ? :wink:
View attachment 417388
Model Y coming up next year with 3rd row option starting $40k ish

dauction

Have you ever refused a long ride due to current low range?

Model Y coming up next year with 3rd row option starting $40k ish

Yeah ..looking at the Model Y.. For me and my Market though all I do as oneses and twoses...day shift . Gave up on nights last year

_Tron_

My Second Choice ...ALSO NOT PRACTICAL ... I want a Weiner Mobile sooo Bad...

But can you recite the Oscar Meyer jingle without looking it up? Oh wait. That's Armor hot dogs.

BTW - Skip the used S. Wait for the Model Y starting at 40K. Add 3K for 3rd row. This will be the car with the best chance of achieving the million-mile power train Tesla aspires to. Imagine paying off the loan and driving a Tesla for only tires and the cost of charging.

mbd

Really?

Y price tag will be 45000+$, maybe closer to 50,000$+ after all the perks have been added
Model 3, will be 39,000$+cosmetics= 45-50k$
You can buy the Model 3, that has less than 10,000 miles for 36-40K. Higher miles can be had for low 20’s. Range for cheaper version is around low 200’s , then it goes to 300 range for the expensive 3’s.😉
Y range limit will be low to mid 200’s to 300.
No reason to go for the low 200’s range, so most model Y will go for 50,000$+Y will not have the stupid falcon wing doors 😁
Extended warranty on a TSLA is around 200$/month👍, that is after the 100,000/8 years is finished +insurance might be slightly higher.
You will definitely get better pings and tips😁

Last edited:

dauction

OMG you guys ..forgot to post this the other day.

When I said my Second Choice would be the Weiner Mobile …(driving bar rush with 10 college chicks riding the weiner mobile...as fun also not practical)

Well the very next day I get a ping over to a Hotel..and right the parking lot is this !!!!!!!!!

1582060363983.png

Now I'm not much of a religious man , but this has to be a sign from God ... :aliens:

Ojuice

You know Tesla takes all the software upgrades back when a the owner who paid for the upgrades sell it, right?

That's no always true bought a used (3k miles) Tesla Model 3 in '18 with autopilot upgrade and got it included.......

Used Model S Starting to se them at 30K ...

View attachment 416632

seen a Nice Red one the other day at 29K but it sold right away

Someone run the numbers.. $550 a Month Budget ...consider electric 1/2 price of gas, no oil changes . etc... do I dare go 60 months ?

Ohhh …NIce 29K …maybe 27,500 ?

View attachment 416636
Electricity is 20% cost of Gasoline..... gas is approximately $0.20 mile & electricity is $0.04 a mile !