I understand why passengers are rated so low now...

soupergloo

Honestly, when I started driving for Uber - I accepted every ride regardless how far the pick-up location was from where I was at the time, and regardless what their rating looked like because I thought every passenger deserved a second chance. After driving with Uber full-time for only a few months I realize this was not the case; 99% of the passengers I pick up with a rating lower than 4.7/4.8 make me wait close to 5 minutes before they come out, but know how to time it perfectly so they don't risk the ride being cancelled. I used to give these passengers the benefit of the doubt, and give them 5 stars anyway, but have quickly realized it's how they treat every one of their Uber drivers as if their time is more precious than mine, and probably don't have a clue what their rating looks like (or they simply just don't care).

The straw that broke the camels back was a particular passenger with a low rating that came out just as I was driving away (after waiting 7-minutes for her to come) out and tried arguing with me...the ride still got cancelled, I still got my pathetic $5, and she still had to wait for another Uber driver to stop by (which also took longer because as I was pulling away, her new ride pinged to my phone again and got rejected).

There's no particular point to this post, just a rant to let me vent for a moment of how out of control some passengers are.

JMBF831

Word. Good to vent sometimes. I'm still new and was taking 15-19 minute pings every chance I got lol Now, I'm thinking I need to be more selective. And I wouldn't even' LOOK at the pax rating in the beginning. Now, I do.

just drive

Honestly, when I started driving for Uber - I accepted every ride regardless how far the pick-up location was from where I was at the time, and regardless what their rating looked like because I thought every passenger deserved a second chance. After driving with Uber full-time for only a few months I realize this was not the case; 99% of the passengers I pick up with a rating lower than 4.7/4.8 make me wait close to 5 minutes before they come out, but know how to time it perfectly so they don't risk the ride being cancelled. I used to give these passengers the benefit of the doubt, and give them 5 stars anyway, but have quickly realized it's how they treat every one of their Uber drivers as if their time is more precious than mine, and probably don't have a clue what their rating looks like (or they simply just don't care).

The straw that broke the camels back was a particular passenger with a low rating that came out just as I was driving away (after waiting 7-minutes for her to come) out and tried arguing with me...the ride still got cancelled, I still got my pathetic $5, and she still had to wait for another Uber driver to stop by (which also took longer because as I was pulling away, her new ride pinged to my phone again and got rejected).

There's no particular point to this post, just a rant to let me vent for a moment of how out of control some passengers are.
You accept the ping the second time and just keep driving away ☺ she'll have to cancel. Keep repeating untill you are further than the closest driver.

soupergloo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You accept the ping the second time and just keep driving away ☺ she'll have to cancel. Keep repeating untill you are further than the closest driver.
LOL that's actually a good idea, but I'm afraid she wouldn't know why the Uber drivers are punishing her? Do the passengers actually know how rude it is to make your driver wait because they weren't ready when they actually requested the ride, or are they completely oblivious and think Uber drivers are just bitter @@@@@@@@? I know the answer SHOULD be obvious...

just drive

LOL that's actually a good idea, but I'm afraid she wouldn't know why the Uber drivers are punishing her? Do the passengers actually know how rude it is to make your driver wait because they weren't ready when they actually requested the ride, or are they completely oblivious and think Uber drivers are just bitter @@@@@@@@? I know the answer SHOULD be obvious...
Well , with cancelation fees, and being late to places, they learn. Uber used to give them the first cancelation free. So glad they changed that.

JMBF831

I highly doubt that customers know "why."

RockinEZ

Or even need to know why... I just don't want them in my car.
In the big city the chance of seeing any one pax twice is tiny.

I use the drive away trick often. They can not rate you, and you don't get a hit for canceling too often.

RockinEZ

Amount of surge directly dictates how low of a rated passenger I will take. Low/no surge I will bypass anyone below 4.7. During high surge I cut off at 4.0.
I agree, but at 4.7.... you must have pax lined up on the street.

I don't give any pax a rating of 5 without a tip.

To me a pax with a 4 is a good ride and no tip...... I will not pick up a 4 star pax.

Last edited:

UberXTampa

Amount of surge directly dictates how low of a rated passenger I will take. Low/no surge I will bypass anyone below 4.7. During high surge I cut off at 4.0.
since you are guaranteed to get a surge plus 1 star, doesn't make sense to filter any rider when there is a surge.

Optimus Uber

Spot On!!!

Everyone needs to read this and follow what she said.

Tncluber

Lmao this is necessary so that the pax doesn't do it again and hopefully tells their friends.

Tncluber

Passengers take their cue from the culture of uber, which is @@@@ the driver because we are unimportant and expendable
The app says, "everyone's private driver".

$8 gives you the right to make people wait unpaid? And then dictate what sh1tty music to play? Or what temp to set the car?

People can't just sit in the car for 10mins and just chill when Uber is telling them drivers belong to the pax while on a fare.

JMBF831

I had a group of 2 turds (and 1 sweet female) scoff at my music choice and then asked if they could change to XM sports radio instead, I said sure. The turd in the front seat changed it to sports radio and the female pax said "Awww, I liked that music. I don't want to listen to sports."

Not even 2 minutes later the 2 turds and lady jumped out at a red light stating, "We can walk from here" as if to save $1...

-Couldn't wait 2 minutes to change station
-Turds jumped out at light when I could've driven them for another minute and half mile at most
-Turds gonna turd