I took your advice! Thank You Uberpeople

UberwithStuber

I have in the past accepted all pings, and as you so kindly warned me, "Don't accept anything over 10 minutes!"
You were right, the long pings never panned out. Never!
So this morning, my first ping was 11 minutes away-Ignore.
Second ping-14 minutes-Ignore
3rd ping- 6 minutes, I accepted, got decent ride to TPA and $5 tip.
Thanks to all of you who continueusly warned me, and others.
DON"T ACCEPT A PING OVER 10 MINUTES!

Adam-St

At these low rates you have to MAXIMIZE the use of your vehicle. It would be like a long haul truck driver leaving one coast empty to go to the other coast to go pick up freight to haul back across country. Hell no unless he or his company is @@@@@@ed

UberwithStuber

The hours I choose to drive, there's not much surge. So I have learned to be wise with what I accept. Of course, the great unknown is what I see on my phone when I swipe the "START TRIP" green bar!

Adam-St

The hours I choose to drive, there's not much surge. So I have learned to be wise with what I accept. Of course, the great unknown is what I see on my phone when I swipe the "START TRIP" green bar!
I always ask the passenger where they're going BEFORE i start the trip. They always seem surprised "the app doesn't tell you?? Not until start the trip and if you're headed to the other side of Atlanta and i can't take you it will then trigger a cancellation fee. 90% of the time its all close by runs and all that but i did have a guy one night that was trying to go 2 hours north and i didn't have time to waste 2 hours there and 2 hours back to make $46 dollars. So i apologized and headed on my way. Besides if you start the trip and then have to cancel it, now you've given them a chance to rate you