I took a 180 on my feeling on prop 22 today. I now support it

Stevie The magic Unicorn

OK folks,

vote yes on california prop 22.

I want to see it passed.

Why?

I want see prop 22 pass so that the federal government can look on in shock and actually do something about this in January. I think that in January Uncle Joe Biden is going to get some visits from some union guys and start doing something about worker classification on a national level.

Having prop 22 pass and having the California state governor and legislature go to the federal legislature and Uncle Joe to nip this employment classification in the bud might be the clearest path to solving the underpayment problem.

So vote yes on prop 22 so the California gov comes whining to the federal government that uber is being mean and Californians are too damn stupid to get when they have had wool pulled over their eyes.

Wildgoose

Californians are not stupid. You have no idea how Californians are struggling and you will never understand.
Rent is very expensive and triple than South west state when pay is almost double. A lot of Californians needs to work 2 jobs. Some work 3 jobs to cover the house rent and bills. So they need Uber as a part time job. For riders who are working 2 or 3 jobs need Uber to be in CA and they want their pick up quick. They get up from bed early hour around 2:00 am. Some needs Uber Eats to make food delivery. Some needs ride when Bus is not avail yet that early hours. They have to switch jobs after first job is done and some needs quick Uber pick up. After second job, it is getting dark and they want to go home as soon as possible. Then they need Uber again.
So Californians need Uber more than other state does. Only Uber drivers and Residents from New York city would understand.

Edit.... During this pandemic season, after many has lost their jobs and when people don't want to go outside for foods, Californians need App base driving jobs more than Ever.

Last edited:

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Californians are not stupid. You have no idea how Californians are struggling and you will never understand.
Rent is very expensive and triple than South west state when pay is almost double. A lot of Californians needs to work 2 jobs. Some work 3 jobs to cover the house rent and bills. So they need Uber as a part time job. For riders who are working 2 or 3 jobs need Uber to be in CA and they want their pick up quick. They get up from bed early hour around 2:00 am. Some needs Uber Eats to make food delivery. Some needs ride when Bus is not avail yet that early hours. They have to switch jobs after first job is done and some needs quick Uber pick up. After second job, it is getting dark and they want to go home as soon as possible. Then they need Uber again.
So Californians need Uber more than other state does. Only Uber drivers and Residents from New York city would understand.

Edit.... During this pandemic season, after many has lost their jobs and when people don't want to go outside for foods, Californians need App base driving jobs more than Ever.

I don't think that employment classification is going to end these jobs. Do you really think an extra $5.00 in price is going to get people to stop ordering food from apps?

Ideally...

Employment classifcation would get you folks earning the same money in less hours and less miles driven, or more money for the same hours/mileage (less likely)

Min wage by california/federal standards would about to roughly $27 an hour.

Prop 22?

My math shows as low as $15 an hour when it's busy to as low as $7 when it's slow.

Wildgoose

When Uber had needed to classify Drivers as employees, there would have been no more part time drivers.
Uber would limit the number of drivers and assign drivers (their employees) to the location Uber wants them to stage. Probably, a driver need to drive 50 miles to start his/her shift there, then ask to go another area where the drivers are not situated or huge demand area from time to time and everyday will be different. I don't want some app controls my life like that.

Wildgoose

going 50 miles to stage and work?

I'd take the $40 or so extra to go to the next town over to work because they are short.
You were an employee so there will be no extra fees paid by Uber. You would need to drive to Uber stage area first just like you go to building where your job is at. That will be boring. So YES to PROP 22.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

You were an employee so there will be no extra fees paid by Uber. You would need to drive to Uber stage area first just like you go to building where your job is at. That will be boring. So YES to PROP 22.

Well here's the thing, yes and no.

You can't deduct the mileage between your home and the first and a last stops of the day.
You can't deduct the mileage of going to the shop to pick up a work vehicle and the mileage after dropping it off before going home.
And if your last stop is outside your metro area they have to pay for the miles to go home as well.

HOWEVER if a temporary work location they want to send you to for a day is in another metro area than those miles are deductible per IRS standards.

And you have to make min wage after all deductions (and in California you have to get paid for business miles so moot point)

So if I live in the Orlando metro area (which i do) but they want me to drive to Daytona During the Daytona 500 to cover increased demand or Bike week?

those miles to drive up there for one day or a few days would be deductible and they would have to pay for them (if i went under minimum wage they would have to "pay up" to min wage in Florida)

So for your example if I'm "assigned" to the Orlando metro area but if they wanted me to drive to Daytona for race day that would be payable.

Judge and Jury

When Uber had needed to classify Drivers as employees, there would have been no more part time drivers.
Uber would limit the number of drivers and assign drivers (their employees) to the location Uber wants them to stage. Probably, a driver need to drive 50 miles to start his/her shift there, then ask to go another area where the drivers are not situated or huge demand area from time to time and everyday will be different. I don't want some app controls my life like that.
I think all driver's would be part time, minimum wage employees if prop. 22 fails and AB5 is the law of the land. No full time drivers and no overtime.

Also, you would have to be hired. What are your stats? I am guessing that ants would be hired over cherry picking profitable drivers.

Wildgoose

I think all driver's would be part time, minimum wage employees if prop. 22 fails and AB5 is the law of the land. No full time drivers and no overtime.

Also, you would have to be hired. What are your stats? I am guessing that ants would be hired over cherry picking profitable drivers.
I agree on hiring for par time. I think if they are hiring drivers as employees, they will be choosing the drivers with no prior record of complaints by pax, drivers with higher rating and model and conditions of the car and drivers availability of driving time ( morning, evening and night). It will be by their choice not by drivers. So Prop 22 is better for drivers I guess.

I agree on hiring for par time. I think if they are hiring drivers as employees, they will be choosing the drivers with no prior record of complaints by pax, drivers with higher rating and model and conditions of the car and drivers availability of driving time ( morning, evening and night). It will be by their choice not by drivers. So Prop 22 is better for drivers I guess.
You know that there are other rideshare companies that will pay you and follow AB5 right?

Oscar Levant

The bulk of Californians are stupid — the bulk of Californians are struggling because they stupidly vote for stupid politicians who continue to make stupidity out of stupid. Stupid is as stupid does, you reap what you sow!

Do you watch films, TV shows, etc? Then you are stupid for enabling stupid people who make the TV shows and films you watch, mostly from California.

Now meditate on the term, 'ignorant'.

FYI, high rents in CA are due to supply and demand capitalism.

Uber's Guber

Do you watch films, TV shows, etc? Then you are stupid for enabling stupid people who make the TV shows and films you watch, mostly from California.
No, I don't watch all that shit that comes from Hollyweird.
FYI, high rents in CA are due to supply and demand capitalism.
Only stupid people throw money away on rent.
Anyway, high rents in CA are due to burdensome regulations on developers; shutting down development because somebody dug up a nest of kangaroo rats or upset a couple dozen smelt fish, or mandating that solar panels & overhead fire sprinklers be installed. Ass-hat liberal politicians know how to keep poor people poorer by disrupting supply.

Jst1dreamr

The bulk of Californians are stupid — the bulk of Californians are struggling because they stupidly vote for stupid politicians who continue to make stupidity out of stupid. Stupid is as stupid does, you reap what you sow!
And most of them will vote for the same stupid politicians again this year. You can not feel sorry for these idiots.
Post automatically merged:

@Stevie The magic Unicorn So you want to send this to a conservative leaning Supreme Court.... good luck with that.
Does not matter what @Stevie The magic Unicorn thinks or what you @TheDevilisaParttimer think either since you are both on the other side of the country. Not your issue at all. I am sure nobody here in California cares what you think since you don't have a vote on this issue.

Last edited:

TheDevilisaParttimer

And most of them will vote for the same stupid politicians again this year. You can not feel sorry for these idiots.
Post automatically merged:

Does not matter what @Stevie The magic Unicorn thinks or what you @TheDevilisaParttimer think either since you are both on the other side of the country. Not your issue at all. I am sure nobody here in California cares what you think since you don't have a vote on this issue.
Actually I believe strongly in not violating California's State Rights.

However it's a major rideshare topic people are free to express their opinion even if no Californian cares.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

I also beleive that major legislation in one state will inevitably lead to nearly identical legislation in another, or possibly nation wide federal legislation.

My point of this entire thing is that i WANT this issue to become a national issue, not an inidividual state issue.