I thought I would share this information. It may help.

Saff

Trump passed disaster relief funds to help businesses. There are couple of different options (EIDL AND PPP). it’s pretty much free money if u meet the criteria. All businesses included. Yes uber too. If u r uber driver you are consider self employed. All self employed and contractors can start applying from April 10th. Others can apply starting tomorrow.

EIDL you can apply online at SBA site :

ubermaster5000

Trump passed disaster relief funds to help businesses. There are couple of different options (EIDL AND PPP). it’s pretty much free money if u meet the criteria. All businesses included. Yes uber too. If u r uber driver you are consider self employed. All self employed and contractors can start applying from April 10th. Others can apply starting tomorrow.

It's nice of you to make this thread but there is already a thread about this. https://uberpeople.net/threads/federal-10k-emergency-grant-for-uber-lyft-drivers.390532/

leosc

Shouldn’t the money be gone by April 10?

MajorBummer

Did you register your uber driving career as a business? Just because i sometimes mow my inlaws lawn,its not considered a "Landscaping business"

ubermaster5000

Did you register your uber driving career as a business? Just because i sometimes mow my inlaws lawn,its not considered a "Landscaping business"
There is a reason why the application asked how much the driver has earned in the last year. This way the federal government can discern between part time "small businesses" and full time. I have been driving full time but also working other jobs so I temporarily stopped driving. I wonder how that will affect my chances of getting this grant.

Last edited:

MajorBummer

This grant isn’t for you. Don’t bother applying. You won’t qualify since you’re a Uber/Lyft employee.
I didnt know that I'm an employee,since I drive U/l full time.
If I was an Employee,I wouldn't be sitting here waiting for the Unemployment site to be updated.get a clue already

misscrystal

Does anyone know how they will calculate how much Uber Drivers get in unemployment? Since all Uber Drivers make different amounts?

Sinn3246

Does anyone know how they will calculate how much Uber Drivers get in unemployment? Since all Uber Drivers make different amounts?
I'm thinking they're only going to be giving us the 600/wk.

I'm more interested in the grant if as a full time driver last year I'd get any amount of it. Wondering if rent would be considered a business expense, I know my auto payment is considering I used my car for about 99% business and my girl's car for personal use.

And how to avoid the need to pay it back as a sole proprietor who's business is the gig economy which is non-existent right now.

Major League

Pretty sure they have to give a minimum of half the average weekly payout which is 575.00 in Mass. So it's 600+287.50 minimum.

SoxFan79

You can figure it out yourself. Don’t forget the combined 15% federal and state tax!

My calculations told me that I should get about $800/week after taxes including the bonus $600.

MajorBummer

At this point I dont expect to get anything,given the incompetence of the state of Mass to get the unemployment website up to date.
My wife had a small part time job on W-2 ,
Unemployment was approved 2 weeks ago,still no payment yet.
Selfemployed? Good luck!!!
Still cant even apply.
Post automatically merged:

Post automatically merged:

Update: wife just got UI paid,but not the $600 from the feds.

Last edited:

My28

Were not employee we're slaves Uber does not give a F;;,k. If they did they would do the wright thing for it drives they should rest in hell. That's all I have to say guys be safe we will get threw this God bless

Sinn3246

I think your definition of slavery is incorrect. Last I checked it was my choice to go online, where to drive, or who to give rides.

While there are some business practices I disagree with such as how they handle pay, bonuses, surges, and/or incentives, we are not entitled to anything.

Now if they provided me with a schedule that I needed to work, could not refuse a ride, made less for a consistent hourly, and had my taxes deducted, then yeah, we'd be covered through benefits afforded to us as an employee of Uber.

However, we are all 1099 contractors, self employed.