I think I was involved in a drug deal today

Gwoae

During huge surge for steelers game I get a lyft ping at 400%. She is in a party part of town so I assume going to the game. Her name that came acrossed was something like "6". She is a 20 something pretty attractive with some miles. So she gets in the car and she has 2 stops. 1 is a house and her drop off is a supermarket. She tells me she is going to the house to get her diamond earing that she forgot last night and then to the store. It just felt kinda odd and who pays $47 for a few miles ride instead of waiting 45 minutes for the surge to go away.

Maybe it wasn't anything, but I am sure something like this happens often. Say there was a sting and I get pulled over. Would I be in trouble as well or would the way bill be a get out of jail free card?

Spotscat

During huge surge for steelers game I get a lyft ping at 400%. She is in a party part of town so I assume going to the game. Her name that came acrossed was something like "6". She is a 20 something pretty attractive with some miles. So she gets in the car and she has 2 stops. 1 is a house and her drop off is a supermarket. She tells me she is going to the house to get her diamond earing that she forgot last night and then to the store. It just felt kinda odd and who pays $47 for a few miles ride instead of waiting 45 minutes for the surge to go away.

Maybe it wasn't anything, but I am sure something like this happens often. Say there was a sting and I get pulled over. Would I be in trouble as well or would the way bill be a get out of jail free card?
"Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die." - The Charge of the Light Brigade - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Coachman

I picked up a young couple at an apartment one rainy night at 1:00am and drove them 30 miles into town to "check on a friend" for five minutes. Then back. They left their young son in their apartment alone and he kept calling them during the ride. Who leaves a child alone in the middle of the night to "check on a friend?"

Reactions: MHR

freddieman

I wouldn't be worried about the sting....Its about being collateral damage in a drug deal gone wrong.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Yep. I kind of don't care as long as I don't know about it. Plausible deniability. I do worry about the collateral damage thing though. Someone who starts spraying the vehicle with semi automatic weapons fire isn't going to be careful to miss the driver. Besides, they wouldn't want a witness to walk away anyway.

Gwoae

Daaamn 2 in a row. Last night at 4am I pick someone up. He gets in the car and calls someone. His conversation is something like. I wi be there in 12 minutes. Make sure you have 300, not 290, not 295, not 299.50. He gets off the phone and makes another call. Thst goes something like. "I am going to bla Blas house and need a place to crash so I am going to hit the couch. These mofos need to stop calling at 3am".

Dropped him off and 1 starred him. Is this something that you should report to uber or just chop it up to part of the job and move on.

Merc7186

Daaamn 2 in a row. Last night at 4am I pick someone up. He gets in the car and calls someone. His conversation is something like. I wi be there in 12 minutes. Make sure you have 300, not 290, not 295, not 299.50. He gets off the phone and makes another call. Thst goes something like. "I am going to bla Blas house and need a place to crash so I am going to hit the couch. These mofos need to stop calling at 3am".

Dropped him off and 1 starred him. Is this something that you should report to uber or just chop it up to part of the job and move on.

Yes...you ask how much of that 300 you are getting for being a mule.

surlywynch

I picked up a couple, heading to a nice restaurant to eat with her parents. The boyfriend/fiancée/whatever sat in the front seat, and talked on the phone with several people. The conversation in the car was something like: "No, I can't take care of the lima beans, I need you to pick up the pintos" The next 8 minutes was several phone calls, all vegetable, or legume metaphors. No doubt in my mind what these conversations were about.

Grahamcracker

Yep. I kind of don't care as long as I don't know about it. Plausible deniability. I do worry about the collateral damage thing though. Someone who starts spraying the vehicle with semi automatic weapons fire isn't going to be careful to miss the driver. Besides, they wouldn't want a witness to walk away anyway.
But what about a drug deal gone wrong? What if there was a shoot out because one tried to rob the other. I worked at the morgue in Puerto Rico for 1 month and day after day we would get 5 to 10 drug related homicides each day. It was a real eye opener for me. I mean Puerto Rico isn't that big. It was like WTF!

SEAL Team 5

The conversation in the car was something like: "No, I can't take care of the lima beans, I need you to pick up the pintos" The next 8 minutes was several phone calls, all vegetable, or legume metaphors. No doubt in my mind what these conversations were about.

Pill taking is commonly referred to "eating beans".

sd1303

Police would be stupid to arrest an Uber driver as an accessory. No way that the arrest would stick without something more. Plus, they don't want to piss off their prime witness. Cops tend to be pretty keen at separating the dirtbags from the non-dirtbags (not always, but usually) Just cooperate and don't fly off the handle.

Someone who starts spraying the vehicle with semi automatic weapons fire isn't going to be careful to miss the driver. Besides, they wouldn't want a witness to walk away anyway.

Not to get technical, but I think "spraying a vehicle" usually requires automatic weaponry. ;-)

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Police would be stupid to arrest an Uber driver as an accessory. No way that the arrest would stick without something more. Plus, they don't want to piss off their prime witness. Cops tend to be pretty keen at separating the dirtbags from the non-dirtbags (not always, but usually) Just cooperate and don't fly off the handle.

Not to get technical, but I think "spraying a vehicle" usually requires automatic weaponry. ;-)

Bump fire

sd1303

Read up on civil forfeiture.

That would probably be pretty shaky. (Do you hear about commercial airliners getting seized when a drug mule gets caught at customs?). Again, if you are reasonably cooperative, the cops are probably more interested in your witness statement than your car.