I think i made more as an X driver than XL

Juan.C

With no quest for XL and higher gas cost i think im making less. Also i found that at bar time people will wait out the surge for an XL unlike an X where sometimes i switch and catch a 4x.

Maybe im doing it wrong or maybe with the change in pricing from last year that i was doing X everyone profit went way down.

Might sell my XL and drive X since its my everyday car and gas is expensive

Pig Pen

With no quest for XL and higher gas cost i think im making less. Also i found that at bar time people will wait out the surge for an XL unlike an X where sometimes i switch and catch a 4x.

Maybe im doing it wrong or maybe with the change in pricing from last year that i was doing X everyone profit went way down.

What's your XL vehicle? I maybe a buyer

20yearsdriving

Adieu can teach you to Run a Expedition XL more efficient than a Yaris
And how to catch Perma 2X Surge on XL
With less than 15% dead miles using DF

Wait ? He just got Perma-Deact

TheRook

Never made much as an XL driver (after gas and expenses), but I didn't run the late night bar/drunk crowd either ("hey, we are all drunk, let's all jump in the same vehicle and save $$$!!!-don't forget to trash, throw up, mess with stuff in the vehicle, scream, yell, be rude, demand a run to Taco Bell, etc, etc,....) screw that....
Anyway, X with surge and an efficient fuel vehicle, is making more consistent $ in my case...
Basically, you are more of a grinder with solo runs, but you go home in one piece at the end of the day.
BTW, no Pool either....I ain't a bus stop.

LoveUber1

I think you can still make more money driving XL. A few trips to the airport makes it all worth while. The Uber X trips can be $5-$6 total with no surge. So when there's no surge you can just do XL trips.

UberLaLa

Adieu can teach you to Run a Expedition XL more efficient than a Yaris
And how to catch Perma 2X Surge on XL
With less than 15% dead miles using DF

Wait ? He just got Perma-Deact

I've noticed a trend. The Know-it-all drivers that come on here and flame/troll a lot...tend to also get deactivated a lot.

Hmmmm...?

mandreyka

Never made much as an XL driver (after gas and expenses), but I didn't run the late night bar/drunk crowd either ("hey, we are all drunk, let's all jump in the same vehicle and save $$$!!!-don't forget to trash, throw up, mess with stuff in the vehicle, scream, yell, be rude, demand a run to Taco Bell, etc, etc,....) screw that....
Anyway, X with surge and an efficient fuel vehicle, is making more consistent $ in my case...
Basically, you are more of a grinder with solo runs, but you go home in one piece at the end of the day.
BTW, no Pool either....I ain't a bus stop.
Ya but X pax suck... XL has better pax overall.

SorryBluetoothOnly

Slow?? That's why I tell everyone not to rush to do XL... it's slow for some and non stop pings for others.

Priority pings are for real and XL definitely shows it.. on a weekend it's pretty much all the pings you want

Forget about whether or not priority pings are real for a second...

Wouldn't you say that experience (and smarts) plays a hugely important role? Knowing when and where to work, what to avoid, etc?

I'm pretty sure that if I suddenly switched from X to Select or XL, it wouldn't be like starting from scratch, but I'd be at a serious disadvantage. It would take a while to get my earnings up to an acceptable level.

TheRook

XL pax better pax, so slow xl this days
This^^^^
Maybe not slow for bar rush or middle of the night(not my thing) or maybe in OC, hanging near Disneyland to get families coming or going but in LA, it's slow during daylight hours. Fact.
Really, how many groups of 6-7 people are hanging out together consistently during the day needing rides to the same place?

If you have a black XL and can do livery or also be in another category, great (I might be singing a different tune if I had that type of vehicle), but my a Expedition was silver and I was stuck in XL only purgatory with a rare ping, or Lyft Plus (90% regular Lyft calls with an even rarer Plus ping-total BS-and Lyft won't seperate the categories).

Nothing like making 120 clams after a long day and then putting 40 back in the tank!
80 net and less than min wage! Killer!

20yearsdriving

This^^^^
Maybe not slow for bar rush or middle of the night(not my thing) or maybe in OC, hanging near Disneyland to get families coming or going but in LA, it's slow during daylight hours. Fact.
Really, how many groups of 6-7 people are hanging out together consistently during the day needing rides to the same place?

If you have a black XL and can do livery or also be in another category, great (I might be singing a different tune if I had that type of vehicle), but my a Expedition was silver and I was stuck in XL only purgatory with a rare ping, or Lyft Plus (90% regular Lyft calls with an even rarer Plus ping-total BS-and Lyft won't seperate the categories).

Nothing like making 120 clams after a long day and then putting 40 back in the tank!

Ok
But what about the Fun ?

Juan.C

What's your XL vehicle? I maybe a buyer
pic attached
Just rock the xl on the weekends.

thats what i already do. friday/sat nights
I think you can still make more money driving XL. A few trips to the airport makes it all worth while. The Uber X trips can be $5-$6 total with no surge. So when there's no surge you can just do XL trips.
Unlike X though average Xl pickup distance is 10min and unlike X you cant drive whenever you want. there a place and time that only large groups go out

This^^^^

story of my life. XL pings dont come as often as X pings. distance is average 10 min pickup compared to 5min on X and the gas kills it.

I consistently get short rides from neighborhoods to bars in the same city wether im in southbay, long beach or newport. ive spent whole days never leaving long beach but sometimes that ok because i know my area

Attachments

• nav.jpg
    nav.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 44

mandreyka

Wouldn't you say that experience (and smarts) plays a hugely important role? Knowing when and where to work, what to avoid, etc?

I'm pretty sure that if I suddenly switched from X to Select or XL, it wouldn't be like starting from scratch, but I'd be at a serious disadvantage. It would take a while to get my earnings up to an acceptable level.

actually is took me a bit to make the swap from select to XL