I suspect cheap gas may be killing us.

Ubernic

Most of us get very excited at the thought of cheap gas. We're basically getting a raise. However cheap gas seems to have more people driving themselves around. Everything seems more crowded with cars, people seem to be giving less rides. I am thinking the low price of fuel has more people using their own car to get around.

Then again I am bored sitting in a parking lot contemplating everything. Please come back wonderful weekends of long rides and ever flowing pings!

Ubernic

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Probaby. I just was waiting at the bars the other night, and usually everyone pours into the streets and turns on their phones. Last night it was pour into the streets and find the car.

Tidballa

I took a short poo in PB and somehow made $3.40 for going a mile... then I did a short X and made $3.20 for going a mile... no surge on either. I love poo

Flarpy

Glad I'm making actual money at my real job lately and don't have to drive. Sounds like a sh*t show for no money.

Ubernic

Not so much a shit show, just a lot more sitting around. Definitely at the peak of saturation, I don't think it is possible to get more saturated then what we have seen recently. There is no way this will last.

UBER333

Most of us get very excited at the thought of cheap gas. We're basically getting a raise. However cheap gas seems to have more people driving themselves around. Everything seems more crowded with cars, people seem to be giving less rides. I am thinking the low price of fuel has more people using their own car to get around.

Then again I am bored sitting in a parking lot contemplating everything. Please come back wonderful weekends of long rides and ever flowing pings!
I noticed that the uber pool just about cut in half the normal estimated charge to a rider going to the San Diego airport !! It's typically only $4 less from Encinitas.. This am it showed $22 for pool or $40!

This completely screws us as a partner.. Annoying that this seems to cater to the passengers .. I've never had a pool pick up request on the way..

Ubernic

Pool really needs to be adjusted to be a "chance" at a lower rate. Meaning if another rider isn't found to split the cost, then the original rider is responsible for the entire Uber X fare.

Tidballa

Live in PB. Set alar for 4am. Check my phone for surge... No surge, hit snooze... Do this until 4:50 when I see a 2.4x I'm in the middle of with no other cars around but I can see them chasing the surge. I get a request 10 minutes away for 1.8. Don't accept. Then I got nothing and all the ants flooded on evaporating it.

San Diego X

Not so much a shit show, just a lot more sitting around. Definitely at the peak of saturation, I don't think it is possible to get more saturated then what we have seen recently. There is no way this will last.
Schools are about to start up! College kids will be heading back to school soon.

Loving the cheap gas! Filled up for $29 today @ $2.25/gallon CostCo.

DriverX

Yep. I spent 4 hrs on Select this morning, nada. I've been on Lyft/XL for 1 hr, nada. The future looks dim.....update: Another 3 hrs have passed, I netted $8. Wahoo!
I have a good prescheduled ride tomorrow, maybe that will start something.
You really should stop grinding, isn't obvious by now?