I should of stayed home

nomad_driver

In my Select experiment I thought at a minimum I would make at least around what I make on X but last night has sunk my expectations for Select. I started my day at 3 pm during a surge in Stockbridge. I did a lap around my part of town that took about 45 minutes and then headed up to Atlanta. When I got off the highway in downtown I got my first ping at 4:25 and I thought "hey maybe it's picking up" and then nothing until 7:38. During that time I drove around Decatur for about an hour and then sat in the Kroger parking lot in the Edgewood shopping center. Eventually I got two other rides one at 8:13 and 10:17. It is also worth noting that I sat in more than a few surge areas and didn't get a ride. After my 10:17 ride I headed over to Lakewood amphitheater thinking I've got to get a ride there with the concert ending and it surged up to a 2.2. But when I got there I sat in nearly standstill traffic until 11:50 and got two pings that were immediately canceled.
Grand total for the night $60.31.

UberHoax

I wish new select drivers would try and report about johns creek. Seriously... the positive posts on here come from johns creek. I want to dispel the notion that everyone can hang out there and get airport runs. Certainly all of 400N will be saturated by yearend as the majority of good reports come from there. The sooner that happens, the fewer x drivers will make the mistake of buying a luxury car.

We are going to see some angry drivers on here in a few months that have monthly car payments over 1k.

UberHoax

Select and XL drivers only have themselves to blame for oversaturation. All the posts on here on how much money they make and how little they work to make it only leads to more and more drivers opting to go with these platforms.
Remaining excess demand for those platforms is mostly up 400 outside perimeter. A little up 75.

No excess demand up 85... or anywhere else. Occassional stories will be told of big nights... kinda like a bonus. Next year the stories will disappear; thats my guess

SUberbanDriver

I couldn't help but notice that you left Stockbridge pretty early in your day and was wondering if you always go north in order to get any pings/riders/money?

I just started driving on Tuesday and because I live at the very top of the Clayton County panhandle, about a 1/4 mile from the Fayette County line, I thought I'd find plenty of riders in the Fayetteville/Peachtree City area. I've been out by 4:30 or 5:00 each morning thinking I'd get some trips to the airport and I've been the only Uber driver out there for a couple of hours. The only airport run I've gotten was with a guy in Tyrone who overslept and before he drove himself, he thought he'd see if by any chance there was an Uber car in the area. It was my first pax on my first day and I quite naively thought that I'd get an airport run every day. Wrong!

Chip Dawg

I wish new select drivers would try and report about johns creek. Seriously... the positive posts on here come from johns creek. I want to dispel the notion that everyone can hang out there and get airport runs. Certainly all of 400N will be saturated by yearend as the majority of good reports come from there. The sooner that happens, the fewer x drivers will make the mistake of buying a luxury car.

We are going to see some angry drivers on here in a few months that have monthly car payments over 1k.
I love Johns Creek. Great paying airport runs.

nomad_driver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I couldn't help but notice that you left Stockbridge pretty early in your day and was wondering if you always go north in order to get any pings/riders/money?

I just started driving on Tuesday and because I live at the very top of the Clayton County panhandle, about a 1/4 mile from the Fayette County line, I thought I'd find plenty of riders in the Fayetteville/Peachtree City area. I've been out by 4:30 or 5:00 each morning thinking I'd get some trips to the airport and I've been the only Uber driver out there for a couple of hours. The only airport run I've gotten was with a guy in Tyrone who overslept and before he drove himself, he thought he'd see if by any chance there was an Uber car in the area. It was my first pax on my first day and I quite naively thought that I'd get an airport run every day. Wrong!
As an X driver I usually try to be online by 4:30 and I will usually get a ride to the airport or into the Atlanta area and then I will work the morning rush, take a break sometime around lunch, drive a bit more, and be home around 3. If I don't get a ride into Atlanta by 8 I'll log off and do other stuff until around 3 and I'll take a shot at the afternoon rush.
The whole reason I rented a Lexus was because I use an app called surge chaser which I have set to alert me when there is a surge in area of Stockbridge/McDonough. After a month of using the app I saw that X nearly never surged and select surged multiple times a day. So my thought was if it's surging there must enough demand to justify buying a luxury car. I'm glad I only rented because so far every surge I've sat in whether in my house or in Atlanta I've gotten zero rides. I fact I've only gotten 5 rides since Wednesday totaling $60.31. On X I have averaged $500 a week after gas expenses working 5 days a week.

UberHoax

Peachtree city is not used to taking taxis, so they dont think about uber to the airport.

SUberbanDriver

That would be my suggestion to new select, xl drivers... get 2 bedroom apartment with another driver at Johns Creek. Set destination filter to the airport.
Okay nomad-driver, there's the solution to our mutual geographic challenges, courtesy of Uber Hoax. I'll have to find a way to convince my wife that it's a good idea first though. If the apartment rents are too steep, we'll just have to live in a van, under a bridge, down by the river.

PTCGUY

Okay nomad-driver, there's the solution to our mutual geographic challenges, courtesy of Uber Hoax. I'll have to find a way to convince my wife that it's a good idea first though. If the apartment rents are too steep, we'll just have to live in a van, under a bridge, down by the river.
The van isn't a bad idea as long as it qualifies for the XL platform.

UberBlackPr1nce

As an X driver I usually try to be online by 4:30 and I will usually get a ride to the airport or into the Atlanta area and then I will work the morning rush, take a break sometime around lunch, drive a bit more, and be home around 3. If I don't get a ride into Atlanta by 8 I'll log off and do other stuff until around 3 and I'll take a shot at the afternoon rush.
The whole reason I rented a Lexus was because I use an app called surge chaser which I have set to alert me when there is a surge in area of Stockbridge/McDonough. After a month of using the app I saw that X nearly never surged and select surged multiple times a day. So my thought was if it's surging there must enough demand to justify buying a luxury car. I'm glad I only rented because so far every surge I've sat in whether in my house or in Atlanta I've gotten zero rides. I fact I've only gotten 5 rides since Wednesday totaling $60.31. On X I have averaged $500 a week after gas expenses working 5 days a week.
How much volume do you do though?

Harleyfxdx1

Better stick with the X platform

UberHoax

... whatever it takes to get the long distance pings.

capable

Select and XL drivers only have themselves to blame for oversaturation. All the posts on here on how much money they make and how little they work to make it only leads to more and more drivers opting to go with these platforms.
And very soon the select platform will be oversaturated and messed up like the X platform . And those who bought a luxury car just to be on select platform will end up dissapointed