I Should Have Listened To You Guys

EphLux

Easy answer Dash cam. Not for the interior per say.
WRONG. You need one, preferable two interior facing dash cameras. Post warning stickers on all interior windows that you are recording. Problem solved. Passengers will walk all over you until they see their picture glowing on you interior facing dashcams LCD.

Authority

Easy answer Dash cam. Not for the interior per say. Those are a good idea but do come with issues. But, the road facing dash cam will prevent false allegations concerning you're driving. Be conspicuous about it and insure riders are aware of it. It dosnt really need to be on just as long as the pax thinks it is on. That solves that problem and riders like that can still lie about something else but the more defenses you have and show the less likely you will have to use them.
How so? I have told Uber support In have dash cam recordings and they never have any interest in seeing it.

Wildgoose

Got my first ping at 5:30. Guy immediately calls me and ask me how far away I am. I tell him 4 minutes and show up in 3. he opens the trunk to my car as I'm getting out to help him and his lady with their luggage and he throws the luggage in and hits one of the back windows. He tells me he's in a hurry and I need to get them the airport as fast as I can. I say I'm going to drive legally and that's what you can expect from me. An emergency on your part does not constitute me breaking the law on my part. I 1 start him at the end of the ride. The funny thing is, something in me told me to cancel right after he called. I should have listened to you guys and to my intuition, but I took the ride anyway and deeply regret it.

He 1 starred me and sent Rider feedback saying I was running yellow lights and accelerating too hard as well as braking too hard. What an ass. I love this job.
Never ever talk to riders with confronted reply like you did. We should pretend like we are going to help his trouble but steering wheel is in our hands, we can drive avoiding tickets.
I would say him that I will try my best sir, but as you know, when the police had stopped me for speeding, you would lose more time in that stop. So we should avoid speeding. Don't worry, Navigation says we could make it. Let's try not to loose any more second not to miss your flight. I am sure, he would tip.
You gave him 1 Stars, then he gave you 1 star back and reported to Uber with false claim.

BBslider001

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Never ever talk to riders with confronted reply like you did. We should pretend like we are going to help his trouble but steering wheel is in our hands, we can drive avoiding tickets.
I would say him that I will try my best sir, but as you know, when the police had stopped me for speeding, you would lose more time in that stop. So we should avoid speeding. Don't worry, Navigation says we could make it. Let's try not to loose any more second not to miss your flight. I am sure, he would tip.
You gave him 1 Stars, then he gave you 1 star back and reported to Uber with false claim.
I wouldn't change a thing I did other than not cancelling his sorry and entitled azz.

LyftUberFuwabolewa

if if you get a bad feeling or things just don't seem right and you haven't started the ride yet just cancel. As far as people asking me to drive faster, I always just say I'll do what I can. I also let them know that if I get a moving violation I get deactivated so they understand that they're asking me to risk my job. Of course I would love to say to them that a lack of planning on their part does not constitute an emergency on my part but of course you can't say that. And anybody who does Rideshare without cameras that record both outside and inside the vehicle are asking for trouble.

June132017

"I should have listened to you guys."

Well, at least you got some money for doing the ride. Let's face it. Not all rides are going to be great one's.

LyftUberFuwabolewa

"I should have listened to you guys."

Well, at least you got some money for doing the ride. Let's face it. Not all rides are going to be great one's.
I think the key point is that some drivers care a lot more about their rating than others. If protecting your rating is important you're willing to cancel more often when your Sixth Sense picks up something strange.

Personally I found that just taking everything that comes your way it's not the way to make the most money. In my area there certain places where you want to avoid and certain places where you want to be. There's certain rides you want to cancel and search the rides you want to take.

The idea that a canceled ride means less money for you isn't always right. Sometimes taking every ride that comes your way means less money for you.

And problematic rides can be more problematic than just a lowered rating. When you consider the false accusations they can make it really is best to cancel problematic rides if you haven't started them yet.

I do a good job and I know it. I get lots and lots of five star ratings so the occasional jerk that down rates me really doesn't have a big effect on my rating no matter how much they think they're hurting me. My rating usually only fluctuates .01 one way or the other. The Jerk Riders don't seem to understand that they're one bad rating in a sea of five-star ratings is still a really great rating.

xgamrgeekx

I got something like that once. Rainy day, get a ping Uber says is 10 mins away, reluctantly take it, even though it’s borderline too far. Within seconds a text comes through the app: hurry, I need to be there in 10 minutes. Instant cancel.

June132017

And my favorite for these kinds of rides are not just the people that don't budget their time well and end up running late but then they book a pool ride.
I hate doing pool rides. I don't mind it when it's like easy to pick up the people, but it's never the case usually. I guess i'm okay with 2 pickups then the ride ends. Picking up 3, or 4 people is just annoying though. Especially when 2 are in the car then the 3rd gets in.

LyftUberFuwabolewa

I hate doing pool rides. I don't mind it when it's like easy to pick up the people, but it's never the case usually. I guess i'm okay with 2 pickups then the ride ends. Picking up 3, or 4 people is just annoying though. Especially when 2 are in the car then the 3rd gets in.
Part of the trick to good pool rides is where and when to work them. You can make some really good money on a long trip.

What really stinks are these Express pool rides where you're supposed to stop right on the corner. It tries to have you do that in very urban areas where there's no place to stop. It's a really stupid idea and they need to tweak the algorithm so that way it gives us a parking lot or someplace to pick up the passenger and not stopping in the middle of an intersection.

I thought about getting a small cell phone jammer so that way when I don't want to pick up any more people on the current pool ride I could just turn the cell phone jammer on. It would also come in handy for the people who won't get off their phones and talk the whole ride.

Another idea I had is for a smoke bomb under the hood that I can set off with a switch. That would be great for when I pull up to a ride where I don't like the destination. I could just set off the smoke bomb and say oh my goodness I'm sorry I can't take you.

BBslider001

I think the key point is that some drivers care a lot more about their rating than others. If protecting your rating is important you're willing to cancel more often when your Sixth Sense picks up something strange.

Personally I found that just taking everything that comes your way it's not the way to make the most money. In my area there certain places where you want to avoid and certain places where you want to be. There's certain rides you want to cancel and search the rides you want to take.

The idea that a canceled ride means less money for you isn't always right. Sometimes taking every ride that comes your way means less money for you.

And problematic rides can be more problematic than just a lowered rating. When you consider the false accusations they can make it really is best to cancel problematic rides if you haven't started them yet.

I do a good job and I know it. I get lots and lots of five star ratings so the occasional jerk that down rates me really doesn't have a big effect on my rating no matter how much they think they're hurting me. My rating usually only fluctuates .01 one way or the other. The Jerk Riders don't seem to understand that they're one bad rating in a sea of five-star ratings is still a really great rating.
Very well put.

ProfessorNC

So I get a request at 10AM in downtown, nice dressed man in his 60s in a hurry to get to the stadium a few blocks away. Lots of construction traffic, guy is a little impatient but a nice guy. I make a couple of zippy moves, push a red light and get an open lane and we move quickly. I'm a knowledgeable sports guy (played D1 basketball) so we are chatting sports. Tells me his sport and his team (not my favorite) but I'm positive. Get him to the stadium. As he gets out of the car, he tells me his name...I immediately say to him..."hey, you are the new owner of this team!" He says yes and walks away. He is worth $12B (yes with a B).....he does not tip me. My rating is 4.97 after 9K rides. The best part of this story...I tell this story to many of my riders who are fans of this team and they can't believe it....then they give me a good tip. My tips have gone up 60% since this guy stiffed me. He was my best ride ever!

jemini48

Got my first ping at 5:30. Guy immediately calls me and ask me how far away I am. I tell him 4 minutes and show up in 3. he opens the trunk to my car as I'm getting out to help him and his lady with their luggage and he throws the luggage in and hits one of the back windows. He tells me he's in a hurry and I need to get them the airport as fast as I can. I say I'm going to drive legally and that's what you can expect from me. An emergency on your part does not constitute me breaking the law on my part. I 1 start him at the end of the ride. The funny thing is, something in me told me to cancel right after he called. I should have listened to you guys and to my intuition, but I took the ride anyway and deeply regret it.

He 1 starred me and sent Rider feedback saying I was running yellow lights and accelerating too hard as well as braking too hard. What an ass. I love this job.
yup, if they get pushy, belligerent, before starting ride, just tell them you're not taking them and to request another Uber. Once you start the ride, thats it, they'll rate you a 1 if your lucky and Uber wont do anything except ask you if you want to ban them from your list of pax you will accept. Drunks usually do this, but never rush to the airport, its their fault for being late, and they wont pay your ticket or go to class for 8 hrs to get it off your driving record.

BBslider001

So in the spirit of this thread, what a great start to Memorial day weekend. My first request Sunday at lunch time sends me a message after 1 minute that says "where the f*** are you???". Yep, hard cancel. LOL I didn't know they could even put a cuss word through the text portion of the app. I just said I'm on my way... Nope, cancel. Then I had to right after that that were two minutes into the being charged for wait time. Yep, cancel. Oh I love holiday weekends. Good times.

Normanite

This is why I blocked Lyft’s number. Never got a decent call from a Lyft pax, just complete goobers wanting to know where I am. As for the rest, unless it’s a gate code or specific mall entrance, something I can actually USE, they get hung up on and canceled.