• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I Should Have Listened To You Guys

BBslider001

Got my first ping at 5:30. Guy immediately calls me and ask me how far away I am. I tell him 4 minutes and show up in 3. he opens the trunk to my car as I'm getting out to help him and his lady with their luggage and he throws the luggage in and hits one of the back windows. He tells me he's in a hurry and I need to get them the airport as fast as I can. I say I'm going to drive legally and that's what you can expect from me. An emergency on your part does not constitute me breaking the law on my part. I 1 start him at the end of the ride. The funny thing is, something in me told me to cancel right after he called. I should have listened to you guys and to my intuition, but I took the ride anyway and deeply regret it.

He 1 starred me and sent Rider feedback saying I was running yellow lights and accelerating too hard as well as braking too hard. What an ass. I love this job.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigRedDriver

Got my first ping at 5:30. Guy immediately calls me and ask me how far away I am. Italian 4 minutes and show up in 3. he opens the trunk to my car as I'm getting out to help him and his lady with their luggage and he throws the luggage in and hits one of the back windows. He tells me he's in a hurry and I need to get into the airport as fast as I can. I say I'm going to drive legally and that's what you can expect from me. An emergency on your part does not constitute me breaking the law on my part. I 1 start him at the end of the ride. The funny thing is, something in me told me to cancel right after he called. I should have listened to you guys and to my intuition, but I took the ride anyway and deeply regret it.

He 1 starred me and sent Rider feedback saying I was running yellow lights and accelerating too hard as well as braking too hard. What an ass. I love this job.
I’ve had that. When he said he was in a hurry. I just said “OK”. Drove the speed limit. Said “ Go Faster”. I replied “OK”. Said you aren’t going faster. I replied “ I cant, don’t know where you are from, but here in Hicksville we got these things called speed limits”.

Sat quietly the rest of the trip. Got a $20 ride instead of a cancellation.

3 starred me.

I don’t care. I got 20

It don’t get much better than that

Pax Collector

Do you guys drive the opposite direction, or just wait so they cancel? Tin foil hat on....
I would drive straight to the pick up location, tell him he isn't getting a ride and have him cancel. If he refuses, wait out the timer and cancel.

Driving the opposite direction doesn't work anymore as not making progress towards the rider's pick up location won't make you eligible for a cancel fee.

BBslider001

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i always drive exactly the same: like a bat out of hell. never got any complaints on driving... hell, i ran red lights all the time and just tell the rider i'm going to do it when i do. i think its all about how you deliver the message.
well my point was, in case you missed it, is that I did not drive at all like he reported. In other words, he flat @@@@ing lied. But that's neither here nor there... He was just a bad passenger from the start.

DirtyRead

well my point was, in case you missed it, is that I did not drive at all like he reported. In other words, he flat @@@@ing lied. But that's neither here nor there... He was just a bad passenger from the start.
Easy answer Dash cam. Not for the interior per say. Those are a good idea but do come with issues. But, the road facing dash cam will prevent false allegations concerning you're driving. Be conspicuous about it and insure riders are aware of it. It dosnt really need to be on just as long as the pax thinks it is on. That solves that problem and riders like that can still lie about something else but the more defenses you have and show the less likely you will have to use them.

goneubering

Got my first ping at 5:30. Guy immediately calls me and ask me how far away I am. I tell him 4 minutes and show up in 3. he opens the trunk to my car as I'm getting out to help him and his lady with their luggage and he throws the luggage in and hits one of the back windows. He tells me he's in a hurry and I need to get them the airport as fast as I can. I say I'm going to drive legally and that's what you can expect from me. An emergency on your part does not constitute me breaking the law on my part. I 1 start him at the end of the ride. The funny thing is, something in me told me to cancel right after he called. I should have listened to you guys and to my intuition, but I took the ride anyway and deeply regret it.

Lesson learned.

Nats121

I’ve had that. When he said he was in a hurry. I just said “OK”. Drove the speed limit. Said “ Go Faster”. I replied “OK”. Said you aren’t going faster. I replied “ I cant, don’t know where you are from, but here in Hicksville we got these things called speed limits”.

Sat quietly the rest of the trip. Got a $20 ride instead of a cancellation.

3 starred me.

I don’t care. I got 20

It don’t get much better than that
You got your $20, but you also risked being falsely accused of any number of things by that paxhole.

I don't let anyone in my car with a bad attitude.

nosurgenodrive

Demanding behavior at the beginning earns an immediate cancel. Rider behavior option. Just be careful that you are not accused of racism. It is odd that if you treat some passengers the same as you would treat a disrespectful white person that it can be weaponized into the race card. Just beware.

PaxiCab

It’s happened to the best of us, just use your intuition next time. As far as rideshare goes, it’s always right in my experience.

SuzeCB

Easy answer Dash cam. Not for the interior per say. Those are a good idea but do come with issues. But, the road facing dash cam will prevent false allegations concerning you're driving. Be conspicuous about it and insure riders are aware of it. It dosnt really need to be on just as long as the pax thinks it is on. That solves that problem and riders like that can still lie about something else but the more defenses you have and show the less likely you will have to use them.
These days, a dual cam is a good idea regardless of rideshare. Accidents, insurance scams, police stops. Camera and its audio recorder catch it all.

Could save you a bundle one day, if you find yourself in back of someone at a red light and they have a dented rear and decide to back up into you to get you to fix it.

DrivingUberPax

Its crazy how after you've been doing this for a while how you get a sort of sixth sense about riders before they even get in the car. Always go with your gut. All money isn't good money & definitely not worth the headache or the possibility of someone screwing with your rating due to their poor decisions. I just made the same mistake this morning.

PaxiCab

Its crazy how after you've been doing this for a while how you get a sort of sixth sense about riders before they even get in the car. Always go with your gut. All money isn't good money & definitely not worth the headache or the possibility of someone screwing with your rating due to their poor decisions. I just made the same mistake this morning.
Couldn’t of said it better. I definitely have a sixth sense with this gig