I scared the girls

mfytahi

Yesterday morning I went to the airport to start my day. I got a request to go pick up Erica. When I arrived at the pick up area, there were Erica and one of her friends. I put their luggage in the trunk then, they said they were still waiting for a third girl. "Okay, I wait" I said. The 3rd girl came and sat next to me in the front passenger seat. I started the trip, and started driving. The GPS wouldn't show me the directions. On service road and just before the exit to the Cell phone lots, I pulled over to fix the navigation issue. As soon as I stopped, and started fixing the issue, the girl who was sitting next to me, started screaming loudly and jumping. Then the other girls started screaming also and quickly open the car doors and ran far away from the car in the grass while screaming and calling for help. shocked to the fact not knowing what was going on, I got out of the car. A shuttle stopped behind me to help the scarred girls. Within a min I was surrounded with at least 20 vehicles. then the girls came back. The one who was sitting next to me said that I stopped the car and starred at her and she got scarred. I said I just stopped to fix the GPS. They asked to take their luggage, I gave it to them and they moved it to the shuttle. I went back to my car and called the police. The police officer came and asked what happened. They told their story and I told mine. Then the officer said, no body is injured or anything you guys can go. Is this how you want to start off your day?

Last edited:

Rockocubs

Yesterday morning I went to the airport to start my day. I got a request to go pick up Erica. When I arrived at the pick up area, there were Erica and one of her friends. I put their luggage in the trunk then, they said they were still waiting for a third girl. "Okay, I wait" I said. The 3rd girl came and sat next to me in the front passenger seat. I started the trip, and started driving. The GPS wouldn't show me the directions. On service road and just before the exit to the Cell phone lots, I pulled over to fix the navigation issue. As soon as I stopped, and started fixing the issue, the girl who was sitting next to me, started screaming loudly and jumping. Then the other girls started screaming also and quickly open the car doors and ran far away from the car in the grass while screaming and calling for help. shocked to the fact not knowing what was going on, I got out of the car. A shuttle stopped behind me to help the scarred girls. Within a min I was surrounded with at least 20 vehicles. then the girls came back. The one who was sitting next to me said that I stopped the car and starred at her and she got scarred. I said I just stopped to fix the GPS. They asked to take their luggage, I gave it to them and they moved it to the shuttle. I went back to my car and called the police. The police officer came and asked what happened. They told their story and I told mine. Then the officer said, no body is injured or anything you guys can go. Is this how you want to start off your day?
This is where commuincation comes in handy so they know what is going on, before you do it.

mfytahi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree. But I thought I was still at the airport on a very busy area where nobody could be scared.

DieselkW

First of all, you write like English is a second language. I'm not making a value judgement I'm trying to figure out what spooked a car full of women. Are you Middle Eastern?

It's almost comical to me, I grew up and was taught "never get in a car with a stranger". As an adult, I taught children: "Never meet someone you only know from the Internet."

Now young women routinely get in cars with men they met on the Internet. And you wonder why they were afraid that you were up to no good?

I ALWAYS admonish young women that get in my car without checking who I am first. I tell them my first name, and I tell them THEIR first name. Then I make a joke about it, "You just got in a car with a stranger!!" I tell them they are safe with me, sit back, relax, I got it from here.

You have to put them at ease dude...especially young women. You are very lucky she didn't hit you with a face full of pepper spray.

jlong105

I ALWAYS admonish young women that get in my car without checking who I am first. I tell them my first name, and I tell them THEIR first name. Then I make a joke about it, "You just got in a car with a stranger!!" I tell them they are safe with me, sit back, relax, I got it from here.

You have to put them at ease dude...especially young women. You are very lucky she didn't hit you with a face full of pepper spray.
Why do you give out the ONLY piece of information we have on the rider? Someone is gonna steal a ride on you. I tell them my name and verify their name on the account by having them tell it to me. It does not verify if you ask someone bent on doing you wrong to say, "Are you Erica?" when all they need to reply is a simple yes.

DieselkW

Why do you give out the ONLY piece of information we have on the rider? Someone is gonna steal a ride on you. I tell them my name and verify their name on the account by having them tell it to me. It does not verify if you ask someone bent on doing you wrong to say, "Are you Erica?" when all they need to reply is a simple yes.
Who is going to steal a ride to where someone else wants to go? The wrong person in the car can't change the destination, the person that got left behind is going to cancel, and I'm going to kick the imposter out.
Friggin' thousand + rides dude, never happened to me once. You're chasing unicorns here.