• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I saw a fellow uber driver eating the customers french fries after he made the pickup.

WWF

He literally had the styrofoam container open and picking fries out.

it was freaking disgusting.
can you imagine drivers on grub hub, door dash, and postmates looking at the food to make sure everything is there? i think that is nasty let alone someone doing what you saw

uber eats is supposed to be there, everything, we don't open the food, i never have

just a few times has it been where i caught something that was supposed to have a drink but that's it

i don't want to touch the food, i don't want to look in the bag, hell the food gonna get colder if i open the styrofoam container, why are people so @@@@@@ed from to time? can't stand it

Bpr2

can you imagine drivers on grub hub, door dash, and postmates looking at the food to make sure everything is there? i think that is nasty let alone someone doing what you saw

uber eats is supposed to be there, everything, we don't open the food, i never have

just a few times has it been where i caught something that was supposed to have a drink but that's it

i don't want to touch the food, i don't want to look in the bag, hell the food gonna get colder if i open the styrofoam container, why are people so ******ed from to time? can't stand it
Out of curiosity, if a place asked you to pour a fountain drink, would you?

WWF

Out of curiosity, if a place asked you to pour a fountain drink, would you?
fatburgers do it a lot, no those i don't seem to mind except the first time when i had not done it before couldn't figure out where the iced tea was, then i realized it was separate from where the main drinks are disposed

Bpr2

fatburgers do it a lot, no those i don't seem to mind except the first time when i had not done it before couldn't figure out where the iced tea was, then i realized it was separate from where the main drinks are disposed
Way wrong answer. Sorry buddy, against ubereats driver AND the restaurant Tos. PLUS against every states healthcode.

Since we’re not an employee of the restaurant, we are not legally authorized to fiddle with the prep of ANY of the food items, including fountain drinks.

Fatburger is notoriously habitual in trying to make drivers break this law by demanding they make the and if you tell them no, they always become nasty to the driver and pushing the food order down the list to force the driver to wait. Fatburger employees have been instructed by upper management to do this as it has been documented by me and many other drivers at all locations when drivers have requested the fatburger employee to fill the drinks.

When the next time they do this, inform them you’re not allowed to, and to please prep the drink since the restaurant needs to make the entire order.

Ubereats KNOWS about how bad fatburger is, and every time a driver calls in to complain “oh this will be escalated to a higher team for review” so hopefully when fatburgers contract is up, they’ll get booted.

I was even on the phone with a rep one time before I went in and the rudeness of the employee was heard by ubereats rep and he was shocked at how bad the employee treated me.

TWC

I deliver pretty frequently for Five Guys and have become friends with the staff there. They told me that one UE driver parked right in front of the restaurant and as soon as he got back in the car, he and his passenger proceeded to stick their hands down in the bag of fish out fries.

Bpr2

I deliver pretty frequently for Five Guys and have become friends with the staff there. They told me that one UE driver parked right in front of the restaurant and as soon as he got back in the car, he and his passenger proceeded to stick their hands down in the bag of fish out fries.
Not all, but a few of the local McDonald now put all drinks in plastic bags and tie them. Asked what happened to start that “drivers were drinking them and telling customers we never gave them drinks so they called kept getting refunds”

Cdub2k

Way wrong answer. Sorry buddy, against ubereats driver AND the restaurant Tos. PLUS against every states healthcode.

Since we’re not an employee of the restaurant, we are not legally authorized to fiddle with the prep of ANY of the food items, including fountain drinks.

Fatburger is notoriously habitual in trying to make drivers break this law by demanding they make the and if you tell them no, they always become nasty to the driver and pushing the food order down the list to force the driver to wait. Fatburger employees have been instructed by upper management to do this as it has been documented by me and many other drivers at all locations when drivers have requested the fatburger employee to fill the drinks.

When the next time they do this, inform them you’re not allowed to, and to please prep the drink since the restaurant needs to make the entire order.

Ubereats KNOWS about how bad fatburger is, and every time a driver calls in to complain “oh this will be escalated to a higher team for review” so hopefully when fatburgers contract is up, they’ll get booted.

I was even on the phone with a rep one time before I went in and the rudeness of the employee was heard by ubereats rep and he was shocked at how bad the employee treated me.
I quit doing UberEats because the Base Rate Deliveries are unprofitable due to several factors I don't want to get into. However, the icing on the cake was how these restaurants treat the drivers. It's not just Fatburgers (I've never heard of the place, we don't have it here) but it's a lot of places. They treat us like the step children they didn't want. Add that into the low pay and the non tipping low class customers who insist that you go all the way to their room up 15 floors to drop it off and the parking downtown where some restaurants don't even have a place to park for free to pick up food it's amazing that Uber Eats is still in business!

I remember getting a parking ticket at Dat Dogs off of Freret St.. I went in for literally 4 minutes to get food and I come out and this MeterMaid is writing me up a ticket. I explain to the cow that I'm a deliver guy picking up food and they didn;t care. So I had to pay a $25 parking ticket for a delivery that I got 4 bucks for. I'm amazed that you guys still do this job!

Last edited:

NYUber123

How do you know that he didn't pay for food as well? There have been times that I have bought food from the same place that I am picking up from and munch on my food in the car.

The Gift of Fish

I thought a few fries and a few sips of the drink were the tip.