• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I reported a minor trying to get a ride to Uber; Uber responds by threatening me with deactivation

UberDrew

I am 99% convinced that the support people are slaves beaten and working for rice bowls... in order to be productive they have to just find a simple out to mark a ticket complete... so they just pick a few random go to items to complete and end a ticket when they become difficult or time consuming... or they can't understand it. They don't give a crap. I have been nice... I will be nice, but they are getting 1's if I sense any mishandling or poor work ethics. Uber needs to know they suck if they suck.
I just assume ube knows they suck and don't care.

SuzeCB

A week or so ago and two different sets of minors try to order a ride. Turned both down. Called Uber on both and each time was told that I was unmatched. I pushed the issue further and explained they needed to take action against the minors account. The one set if minirs was trying to order a ride at 1am to Wawa.

Hung up with support after being assured I would need unmatched and they were investigating the account.

An hour later I get a ping from the same group of kids that wanted to go to Wawa earlier. I call Uber support and there is no record of me being unmatched for the second group of minors or it even being reported.
So take your cancel fee and move on.

BillGsa

So take your cancel fee and move on.
Pax comes out looked 20 so I didn't ask, start trip drop off is at a high school then I ask...16.
She cancelled the trip I get $3.75 fee, a little while later uber takes away the fee.
I call support he asked if I reported her for being underage, luckily I did.
He reinstates a cancellation fee $2.25.
You have to report to get anything .

SuzeCB

Pax comes out looked 20 so I didn't ask, start trip drop off is at a high school then I ask...16.
She cancelled the trip I get $3.75 fee, a little while later uber takes away the fee.
I call support he asked if I reported her for being underage, luckily I did.
He reinstates a cancellation fee $2.25.
You have to report to get anything .
I just looked up the rates.

Apparently Uber got wise to drivers asking paxes to cancel so as to not affect their cancellation rate.

If the pax does the cancellation, the rate is lower, which sucks.

Next time, make sure it takes 5 minutes from the time you arrive to when you determine you won't be taking the trip, and YOU cancel and make sure to put the reason why. If you cancel for cause, it will show on your cancel rate, but it doesn't count against you when they actually look at it.

BillGsa

I thought she was old enough so I started the trip, once the trip is started I can't cancel I'd have to end it.

SuzeCB

I thought she was old enough so I started the trip, once the trip is started I can't cancel I'd have to end it.
If you don't move the car, you can cancel the trip and not end it. No ratings in either direction.

You'll still want to report, though.