• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I reported a minor trying to get a ride to Uber; Uber responds by threatening me with deactivation

TribalWay

I know. They hate the carbon paper. Too bad.
I dont want to come off as lame or conascending.....

But you all do realize that akl your message exchanges with uber are automated right? When you send a message to uber their system scans it and indexes keywords and has an algorithim for selecting pre written responses.

The system is far from perfect.

LAS0023

Then my opinion of Uber has descended even lower. They can't even get the spelling and grammar right on pre-written responses...?

I dont want to come off as lame or conascending.....

But you all do realize that akl your message exchanges with uber are automated right? When you send a message to uber their system scans it and indexes keywords and has an algorithim for selecting pre written responses.

The system is far from perfect.

TribalWay

Then my opinion of Uber has descended even lower. They can't even get the spelling and grammar right on pre-written responses...?
Definately not lol. Remember the responses are written by humans. The system indexes keywords from your message runs it thru their algorithm and and chooses a pre written response (which could have grammerical errors).

n00ps

Ok, can’t disagree with that.

Have you seen other people mention this exact thing happening? Because I swear I’ve seen this before, someone reports a minor trying to get a ride and Uber rep logs it as driver gave the ride to underage minor.
I think this happens because the email is not a real person. These are emails automatically produced using algorithms that identify key words and put together what the program senses is the most proper response.

Call. Talk to a real person and/or go to a hub and speak to a supervisor.

These email exchanges are ridiculous.

Z129

When you no show a child, it's a good idea to report it to Uber in case the child files a false report in retaliation. I phoned Uber support to report it, which started the following exchange. Where do they find these people, Morons R Us?

View attachment 258456

View attachment 258457

View attachment 258460

View attachment 258463

View attachment 258464

Hmmm..... I seem to remember Uber sending me an email a few days ago. Now, what was the title. Let's see....

View attachment 258466

Yeah uh-huh, they've got my back. Total morons.
First of all this made me literally laugh out loud. I'm sorry this happened to you, but damn that is some funny stuff.

I think they do this stuff on purpose. Back when it was allowed, I've requested Uber change a rating I left a pax and had my rating instantly drop. Way too fast for a pax to have requested their rating of me be adjusted in retaliation. That was their way of telling me to stop doing it. I think this was Uber's way of saying to stop reporting minors.

HotUberMess

I think this happens because the email is not a real person. These are emails automatically produced using algorithms that identify key words and put together what the program senses is the most proper response.

Call. Talk to a real person and/or go to a hub and speak to a supervisor.

These email exchanges are ridiculous.
Not that I doubt you at all because, Uber is Uber, but where did you find this out? I’m interested in finding out more about it

touberornottouber

Uber is becoming a total joke. From games with the dispatch where they deprioritize veteran drivers to the comical oversaturation of drivers and the ridiculous support. I'm really kicking myself for not getting out a year ago.

#professoruber

Collect the cancel fee and no need to report to Uber. Let a parent call Uber and complain about the cancel fee and tell Uber their son is a minor.

Cancel fee is the consequence for rider/parent. And reward for drivers time. If every driver did this, word would spread and it would stop.

Calling or emailing Uber serves no purpose. If they wanted to remove minors from the platform they would simply do a ad campaign.

_Adonis_

Uber does not actually care about minors using the platforms to get rides. Any driver wasting his time trying to be Paul Blart Rideshare Cop and "reporting" underage pax to U/L is doing just that...wasting their time. These companies do not actually care and do not ban accounts based on this.

Lee239

Those people don't know or care what they are doing, they just select the closest form they can think of, they may be in India and not making much money and probably get in trouble if they don't select a response in 15 seconds.

The Gift of Fish

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If they wanted to remove minors from the platform they would simply do a ad campaign.
Yes, if they wanted to stop this, they could. I don't hear of any minors that have been able to successfully apply for credit cards, or any 12 year olds obtaining driving licences from DMV, for example.
Any driver wasting his time trying to be Paul Blart Rideshare Cop and "reporting" underage pax to U/L is doing just that...wasting their time.
No, it's important to document that the pax was a child / drunk / abusive or whatever just in case a false complaint comes in later from the pax. That's the only reason to do it.