1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I reported a minor trying to get a ride to Uber; Uber responds by threatening me with deactivation

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by The Gift of Fish, Sep 9, 2018.

1. When you no show a child, it's a good idea to report it to Uber in case the child files a false report in retaliation. I phoned Uber support to report it, which started the following exchange. Where do they find these people, Morons R Us?

upload_2018-9-9_23-49-35.png

upload_2018-9-9_23-50-57.png

upload_2018-9-9_23-54-36.png

upload_2018-9-9_23-55-43.png

upload_2018-9-9_23-56-53.png

Hmmm..... I seem to remember Uber sending me an email a few days ago. Now, what was the title. Let's see....

upload_2018-9-10_0-0-25.png

Yeah uh-huh, they've got my back. Total morons.

2. HotUberMess

HotUberMess

STOP
    WRITING
    EMAILS
    AND
    CALL
    INSTEAD

Has anyone ever had a successful email exchange with support? I can’t remember ever hearing about any and I know I haven’t

3. HotUberMess

HotUberMess

No I mean call them back, don’t respond via email.

Come on you know what I meant

Yomann and BLBorgia like this.
  4. No, I think from now on I will only communicate by them by email so that there is a record of everything. For all I know the phone support moron may have logged the support incident as me having reported myself as having transported a child. Who knows.

5. HotUberMess

HotUberMess

Ok, can’t disagree with that.

Have you seen other people mention this exact thing happening? Because I swear I’ve seen this before, someone reports a minor trying to get a ride and Uber rep logs it as driver gave the ride to underage minor.

Authority and Shakur like this.
  6. Not that I've seen - Uber flipping it around and accusing a driver of doing what he is reporting is a new one on me. Just goes to show that there is no limit on new ways to come up with gibberish I suppose.

7. HotUberMess

HotUberMess

I don’t think they purposely flipped it on you, I think their reporting system may not have a preset option for “reporting an underaged rider attempting to get rides”. I think they only have an option for “report underaged rider (being given a ride)”, and the incompetent person you talked to chose that option.

They’re dangerously stupid

Authority, Mista T, MoreTips and 7 others like this.
  8. Could be. Also, obviously it's not a good idea to have non-English speaking CSRs trying to work with and provide assistance to English speaking drivers.

And, yes, I don't think they do things purposely badly.

upload_2018-9-10_0-34-15.jpeg

9. OrlUberOffDriver

OrlUberOffDriver

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Do as FUber does. Threaten to go to ALL media outlets with proof of and their threat of deactivation.
    That is the only language FUber understands!

10. Moral of the story, don’t report an underage kid again. If their parents can’t keep tabs on them, then the parents have to endure the trauma when something bad happens. It’s out of your hands. If you ever get a complaint against you, all you need to say is, “I asked their age, they told me 18, and off we went.” Next.

11. Holiday

Holiday

For seriously stuff like this. they make you reply to the email fyi..

12. The old "specialized team" trick.

Same thing I went through when I contacted them last week for the same reason... but no worries, they've had lots of Special High Intensity Training.

13. Did they threaten to fire you too?

I always report it. Once, a rejected child filed a false report against me, resulting in a temporary suspension while Uber "investigated". I had already reported the child, so that probably helped get my account turned back on. I offered to supply dashcam video to show that the child was a liar, but they didn't want to see it.

IMMA DRIVER and Bro Olomide like this.
  14. Taxi2Uber

Taxi2Uber

I have. Now you can't say that anymore. :p

HotUberMess likes this.
  15. Wow. I would have used a much less polite word.

My experiences with phone calls have actually been much worse. They spoke ZERO English. It was painful.

16. No I didn't get that particular "specialized" treatment. Just constant mention of the "specialized team" BS when I called, followed by a trail of increasingly senseless emails back and forth.

Generally no successful (or intelligible, for that matter) exchange of emails with them, but, the only positive is that it is documented for CYA issues. So I'd say a combination of both calls and emails.

HotUberMess likes this.
  17. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    If at second you don't succeed with email or phone, get thine posterior to a GLH!

Phone and app/email support are NOT Uber employees and are located on the other side of the world. They have no concept whatsoever about what goes on over here.

You know what they say about doing the same thing over and over and over, expecting a different result, don't you?

3.75 likes this.
  18. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Their specialized team is a room full of chimpanzees with typewriters.

19. You're being unfair to chimpanzees

20. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I know. They hate the carbon paper. Too bad.