I refused service to fire-arm carrier with wheelchair

MarkR

Mind you, this is a TAXI CAB pickup!

View attachment 389859

Now, I was sitting there reading all the stuff around his frond door, then got scittish about his mental state, then out he comes strapped with a large pistol and a wheelchair.

I asked if that was a real fire arm, then he said YES. I said that I not taking him. He then said he will sue me, and took my picture with his phone.

Attached is what I seen, right before he came out.
Well, he's definitely all for the second amendment. It would have been nice to see this picture if it was clearer. too blurry except for the big yellow one. Where was this? I'll tell you NOT NJ with all the snowflakes that run this state. Especially if governor free-struff has his way. He probably got robbed and takes NO chances now. Good for him!!!
Post automatically merged:

It’s against Uber and lyft policy to accept riders with guns and I hope that’s for cabs too
Uber would never know. Private contractors do what they need to.

RickGnVa

View attachment 389859

Now, I was sitting there reading all the stuff around his frond door, then got scittish about his mental state, then out he comes strapped with a large pistol and a wheelchair.

I asked if that was a real fire arm, then he said YES. I said that I not taking him. He then said he will sue me, and took my picture with his phone.

Well considering you can run away or otherwise defend yourself who are you to judge someone who cannot. That firearm is his lifeline if he's wheelchair bound. I hope you are proud of your gunism (bigotry towards firearms owners). Just a hint and statement of fact: There's alot more of us then there are of you buddy....

Firearms are against Uber/Lyft policy.

2A does not prevent them from having this policy.

All drivers agree to this policy in order to be allowed to use the app.

Can we deny service dogs if the owner is packing. I'm gonna send a support message and see.
Yeah... is that the same policy that keeps people from shooting up schools or killing Door Dash drivers at Denny's during a robbery? Yeah.. that policy. My policy trumps their policy. My car, my rules...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bbonez

I'm really not concerned. California and Virginia have a longggggggg way to go before they're similar. And the far right would go to the streets locked and loaded.
CA and VA are not as far apart as you thought when it comes to liberal gun grabbers. You were correct about people going to the streets, but its wasn't just the far right in Richmond today.

Benjamin M

CA and VA are not as far apart as you thought when it comes to liberal gun grabbers. You were correct about people going to the streets, but its wasn't just the far right in Richmond today.
Again, I'm not concerned. Nobody is going to take anyone's guns. It's impossible, especially in a state like Virginia.

However, this governor is pissing me off. I think our gun laws are too lax here, which is why we lost some reciprocity. But the "common sense" vague narrative sparks the militias and extremists.

He should have clearly outlined what he was thinking of and opened up a dialog, instead he called a state of emergency and alienated the other side.

By the way, pretty sure I've said this already, but I'm fairly neutral politically. Extremes on either side piss me off. And I didn't vote this past election.

Fargle

Again, I'm not concerned. Nobody is going to take anyone's guns. It's impossible, especially in a state like Virginia.

However, this governor is pissing me off. I think our gun laws are too lax here, which is why we lost some reciprocity. But the "common sense" vague narrative sparks the militias and extremists.

He should have clearly outlined what he was thinking of and opened up a dialog, instead he called a state of emergency and alienated the other side.

By the way, pretty sure I've said this already, but I'm fairly neutral politically. Extremes on either side piss me off. And I didn't vote this past election.
"Common sense" is thrown about far too often as a power word substituting for actual justification.

Zebonkey

Congratulations on being a bigot.
The only person, who can bring a gun into my car is me.
I'm pro-gun, my gun that is. Not some strange dude's gun.
You want to transport your gun in my car?
Have it in a proper case, and it rides in the trunk.

Benjamin M

The only person, who can bring a gun into my car is me.
I'm pro-gun, my gun that is. Not some strange dude's gun.
You want to transport your gun in my car?
Have it in a proper case, and it rides in the trunk.
So, you're patting down pax? Got your little TSA wand? If not, you're probably transporting armed pax. 😂

ColumbusRides

Like so many have said, look at his front door... he clearly has mental issues. How can any rational person look at his front door and be "comfortable" with a person like that sitting behind them. He is a ticking time bomb, ugh

Last edited:

MiamiUberGuy5

Like so many have said, look at his front door... he clearly has mental issues. How can any rational person look at his front door and be "comfortable" with a person like that sitting behind them. He is a ticking time bomb, ugh
“Gun will be in hand at all times” lol this guy is crazy

Steve appleby

Oh trust me I get so many dirty looks from people who I pick up and see my Maryland rifle club sticker. I always tell people if they don’t like it, then get the **** outta my car. **** you. Unfortunately in the people’s republic of Maryland you can’t carry it’s a may issue state. I would have picked him up as long as his gun was properly holstered. It’s sad that people (especially in blue states) frown upon people who are simply exercising their second amendment right. I don’t care about other people’s political views. For a lot of people, (especially people that live in urban areas) their just not about that life and firearms are just not included in their world view and think that people who CCW are a bunch of white supremacist hicks. A lot of people on the left are ignorant, so that doesn’t surprise me one bit.

The other fact of the matter is that drivers are going to carry reguardless of what Ubers policy is. The reality is that nobody cares. As someone who lives near Baltimore city, I totally understand why people carry Regardless of what the law says. Baltimore city is the wild west right now and the police are not gonna come and help you. Their pretty much useless. People are not going to be victimized. A lot of the gun politics in this country is driven by the rural vs urban divide in this country.

Last edited:

Fargle

Oh trust me I get so many dirty looks from people who I pick up and see my Maryland rifle club sticker. I always tell people if they don’t like it, then get the **** outta my car. **** you. Unfortunately in the people’s republic of Maryland you can’t carry it’s a may issue state. I would have picked him up as long as his gun was properly holstered. It’s sad that people (especially in blue states) frown upon people who are simply exercising their second amendment right. I don’t care about other people’s political views. For a lot of people, (especially people that live in urban areas) their just not about that life and firearms are just not included in their world view and think that people who CCW are a bunch of white supremacist hicks. A lot of people on the left are ignorant, so that doesn’t surprise me one bit.

The other fact of the matter is that drivers are going to carry reguardless of what Ubers policy is. The reality is that nobody cares. As someone who lives near Baltimore city, I totally understand why people carry Regardless of what the law says. Baltimore city is the wild west right now and the police are not gonna come and help you. Their pretty much useless. People are not going to be victimized. A lot of the gun politics in this country is driven by the rural vs urban divide in this country.
I would call these jerks "urban supremacists".

MiamiUberGuy5

View attachment 389859

How’s his lawsuit coming along? Any updates? Lol

FormerTaxiDriver♧

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How’s his lawsuit coming along? Any updates? Lol
I hav'nt heard anything. Except, when I gave one of his neighbors a ride. She told me that he is super paranoid with guns all over the place, and has a micro-store run out of his apartment. He runs a credit line for his neighbors, then goes after them when they get paid.

Legalizeit0

Yes, gun-free zones work so well.

Don’t you think that if the guy was going to hurt you, or shoot you, he might not show you the gun until he was already in your vehicle?

The snowflake culture of being triggered every time they see a gun is really sad. Do you also deny rides to people wearing a head dress? Are you afraid they might blow up your car?

OMG, Watch out for the local chef going to work, he might be caring a knife. There have been a lot of knife attacks in London lately, do you think we should ban all knives? Knife free zones?